Chinese horror film ‘The Possessed’ delayed for ‘technical reasons’ just four days prior to release

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
Fortyeightvows

Chinese horror film ‘The Possessed’ delayed for ‘technical reasons’ just four days prior to release

Post by Fortyeightvows »

We went out tonite and were nearby a movie theater showing the trailer advert for this movie called 中邪 about fortune telling and exorcism.

This is the longer and subtitled trailer they were showing:

So of course I'm interested, and the advert said it was already released, so I went to the scheduled to see when it was showing and it wasn't listed on the schedule.
So when I get home I go online and find out that the movie hasn't even been released yet because of ccp censorship!

Heres the article: http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1096126.shtml
Due to the ban on "content that promotes superstition" stipulated in the 2016 Film Industry Promotion Law and previous film regulations, movies released in the mainland are usually not permitted to depict the supernatural unless a scientific explanation is given later on in the film to ground the "spirits" or "ghosts" in reality - mental illness or hallucinations caused by drugs are the most commonly used justifications in these films.
So if a movie is banned in the mainland then even people in other countries can't watch it! Ridiculous!

But it looks like a really cool movie!!
WeiHan

Re: Chinese horror film ‘The Possessed’ delayed for ‘technical reasons’ just four days prior to release

Post by WeiHan »

Fortyeightvows wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 9:25 pm pretty boring actually...
You got to thank their delay that save you a few bucks now...there are actually more interesting stuff in you tube..
Fortyeightvows

Re: Chinese horror film ‘The Possessed’ delayed for ‘technical reasons’ just four days prior to release

Post by Fortyeightvows »

WeiHan wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 6:12 am You got to thank their delay that save you a few bucks now...
Your right!
But you know, alot of people say those free movie sites are dangerous for the computer.
WeiHan wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 6:12 am there are actually more interesting stuff in you tube..
??
WeiHan

Post by WeiHan »

Fortyeightvows wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 6:31 am
WeiHan wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 6:12 am You got to thank their delay that save you a few bucks now...
Your right!
But you know, alot of people say those free movie sites are dangerous for the computer.
WeiHan wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 6:12 am there are actually more interesting stuff in you tube..
??
Stories telling, more exciting than movie

and more stories, just check out yourselves if you like this type of stories.

Return to “Media”