Heart Sutra in Sanskrit

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
kirtu
Former staff member

Heart Sutra in Sanskrit

Post by kirtu »

Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

"Most all-knowing Mañjuśrī, ...
Please illuminate the radiant wisdom spirit
Of my precious Buddha nature."
HH Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Fortyeightvows

Re: Heart Sutra in Sanskrit

Post by Fortyeightvows »

Very nice
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

kirtu wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:18 pm
is there a text of this version? :namaste: :namaste: :namaste: :namaste: :namaste: :namaste: :namaste:

i want to sing it it is so beautyfull to imagine it :_)

seems the same as this

but the lirics in the legends doesn't correspond, does it?
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:29 pm
is there a text of this version? :namaste: :namaste: :namaste: :namaste: :namaste: :namaste: :namaste:

The first one is the standard "short" version used in East Asia and Japan and comes from Xuanzang. The Sanskrit for this version is identical to this (or look at any Sanskrit version of the Zen version of the Heart Sutra, although there actually *ARE* some differences in some Sanskrit versions but all the Zen/Ch'an/Seon versions are the same in Sanskrit).
seems the same as this

This has the Xuanzang version embedded in it but may be a reconstruction in Sanskrit of the Tibetan version which has a preamble and a summary by the Buddha but I'd have to go through the Sanskrit to make sure. I'm sure that someone who knows Sanskrit will be able to determine the version precisely before I will be able to get to it though.

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

"Most all-knowing Mañjuśrī, ...
Please illuminate the radiant wisdom spirit
Of my precious Buddha nature."
HH Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

kirtu wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:12 am
javier.espinoza.t wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:29 pm

The first one is the standard "short" version used in East Asia and Japan and comes from Xuanzang. The Sanskrit for this version is identical to this (or look at any Sanskrit version of the Zen version of the Heart Sutra, although there actually *ARE* some differences in some Sanskrit versions but all the Zen/Ch'an/Seon versions are the same in Sanskrit).
seems the same as this

This has the Xuanzang version embedded in it but may be a reconstruction in Sanskrit of the Tibetan version which has a preamble and a summary by the Buddha but I'd have to go through the Sanskrit to make sure. I'm sure that someone who knows Sanskrit will be able to determine the version precisely before I will be able to get to it though.

Kirt
Thank you Kirt.
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.

Return to “Media”