The Three Yanas, Ringu Rinpoche

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
kirtu
Former staff member

The Three Yanas, Ringu Rinpoche

Post by kirtu »

“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Re: The Three Yanas, Ringu Rinpoche

Post by Schrödinger’s Yidam »

I have not examined Ringu Tulku for the prescribed twelve years, but I do have a favorable impression of him.
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
Knotty Veneer

Post by Knotty Veneer »

smcj wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:21 am I have not examined Ringu Tulku for the prescribed twelve years, but I do have a favorable impression of him.
I've taken several teachings over many years with Ringu Tulku and I can say he is indeed the real thing. An erudite scholar, wonderful teacher and really nice man.
This is not the wrong life.
philji

Post by philji »

This idea of checking out a teacher for 8 or 12 years is fine and dandy... but time is running out.. Do we really have the luxury of time...????
MiphamFan

Post by MiphamFan »

philji wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:17 pm This idea of checking out a teacher for 8 or 12 years is fine and dandy... but time is running out.. Do we really have the luxury of time...????
If you meet the wrong teacher you could spend kalpas in vajra hell, so 12 years is little compared to that.

Of course this is just speaking in theory.

In practice, with the internet and social media it is harder for bad teachers to continue on without backlash, this is one good thing. You can crowdsource your 12 years.
Schrödinger’s Yidam

In practice, with the internet and social media it is harder for bad teachers to continue on without backlash, this is one good thing. You can crowdsource your 12 years.
I’ve heard the suggestion that the easiest way to check out a lama is to talk to the lama’s ex-students.
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

MiphamFan wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:34 am
philji wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:17 pm This idea of checking out a teacher for 8 or 12 years is fine and dandy... but time is running out.. Do we really have the luxury of time...????
If you meet the wrong teacher you could spend kalpas in vajra hell, so 12 years is little compared to that.

Of course this is just speaking in theory.

Sapan points out that while this may be ideal, it is often not practical.
philji

Post by philji »

smcj wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:43 am
I’ve heard the suggestion that the easiest way to check out a lama is to talk to the lama’s ex-students.

I would think that is the worst thing to do😷
Schrödinger’s Yidam

philji wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:57 pm
smcj wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:43 am
I would think that is the worst thing to do😷
It's the best way to get the worst perspective. If nobody leaves with resentments that's a pretty good indicator that there's nothing wrong.
White Sakura

Post by White Sakura »

Ringu Tulku Rinpoche is a perfectly pure Guru. I know only one person leaving him with resentment and what she had to say was generally against the Guru System. She criticized the Kagyu Lineage to be very rich and so on....he serves a male dominated hieracical system, she said... so I cannot count that. She left Vajrayana, became a pupil of Shri Mooji and yet stopped her negative words against Rinpoche and sometimes attends one of his teachings. Another person who said some negative words also said negative things about other very respected people. I think that is the way her mind works. So I don´t take that for serious too.

Except of this two people I never heard anybody saying something negative about him. I know many of his students. Now I remember another person leaving him, she said she cannot accept him letting westeners teaching in his centers. :shrug: She has another Guru now but I met her after RTR spoke and she was there, just for blessing, she said.

So... you can trust I put my hand in the fire. He is a perfect monk also. I know him eleven years, but I never had the idea of testing. He so famous and respected. And I didn´t know anything about testing for twelve years. Because nobody said: You must test him.....
Schrödinger’s Yidam

:thanks:

Return to “Media”