Spanish books by "Maestro Myoren"

Tiago Simões

Spanish books by "Maestro Myoren"

Post by Tiago Simões »

Does anyone know this "Maestro Myoren"? He has a lot of interesting books on Tendai Buddhism, and other things like bushido and Shugendō, on Sale in Amazon. All the books are in español.
DGA
Former staff member

Re: Spanish books by "Maestro Myoren"

Post by DGA »

Tiago Simões wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:15 pm Does anyone know this "Maestro Myoren"? He has a lot of interesting books on Tendai Buddhism, and other things like bushido and Shugendō, on Sale in Amazon. All the books are in español.
I do not know him personally. I did read the biography on his Amazon author page. I think I understand what he is claiming, although my Spanish is poor.

This gets a bit complicated.

There are different lines of authority for different things in Tendai shu. For administration, there are regional districts with designated leaders. Puerto Rico is part of North America, and therefore the administrative leader that oversees any Tendai temple in Puerto Rico is Paul Monshin Naamon of New York Betsuin.

This is different from the lineage of teaching. Monshin Sensei may not be your teacher, but you will interact with him if you want to start a temple in the US or Canada apart from Hawaii, or if you have ordained someone and want to send him or her to Hiei San for training. Make sense?

All this is to say that if our friend in PR is a recognitized leader of a Tendai temple, Monshin Sensei would know. I would put this question to the Betsuin in New York for their perspective before buying any of those books.
Tiago Simões

Post by Tiago Simões »

Thanks DGA for the suggestion. They have informed me he is not a teacher but still in-training.
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Tiago Simões wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:14 pm Thanks DGA for the suggestion. They have informed me he is not a teacher but still in-training.
That's excellent. I hope he's able to continue his training and lead all beings to liberation.
Fortyeightvows

Post by Fortyeightvows »

That link posted above makes it seem like another nichiren-new religion, seems to be a ton of those..
But I think it's good, I hope he is successful and finds a good market.
Seishin
Former staff member

Post by Seishin »

The Tendai in US link I gave?
Fortyeightvows

Post by Fortyeightvows »

Seishin wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 10:52 pm The Tendai in US link I gave?
Yes.
we decided to leave the SGI and start a Buddhist organization
Seishin
Former staff member

Post by Seishin »

Myoren left SGI and is now working very hard to create a traditional and official Tendai Sangha in Peurto Rico. He is receiving official training at the North American HQ for Tendai, Mt Hiei approved. So, personally, I can't see how his work and his sangha can be said to be "another nichiren-new religion" :shrug:
Fortyeightvows

Post by Fortyeightvows »

Seishin wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 9:21 amI can't see how his work and his sangha can be said to be "another nichiren-new religion" :shrug:
It was just a comment after a casual glance. I really didn't mean it in a bad way at all. Sincerely. I wish them the best.

Return to “Tendai”