Kukai on the Philosophy of Language

GDPR_Anonymized001

Kukai on the Philosophy of Language

Post by GDPR_Anonymized001 »

Dear All,

Keio University Press has printing additional copies of their best selling book, Rev. Eijo Dreitlein and Rev. Shingen Takagi's Kukai on the Philosophy of Language

You can order directly from the publisher, Keio University Press. I also have seven of the new printings available here.

Thanks again.
WuMing

Re: Kukai on the Philosophy of Language

Post by WuMing »

jake wrote:Dear All,

Keio University Press has printing additional copies of their best selling book, Rev. Eijo Dreitlein and Rev. Shingen Takagi's Kukai on the Philosophy of Language

You can order directly from the publisher, Keio University Press. I also have seven of the new printings available here.

Thanks again.
That's great news! Thank you Jake for your efforts!
Life is great and death has to be just as great as life.
- Mike Tyson
People not only don't know what's happening to them, they don't even know that they don't know.
- Noam Chomsky
GDPR_Anonymized001

Hello Again,

I ordered 10 more copies of this book for those who might be interested, just message me.

If you already have this excellent book I thought it would be nice to share some of your favorite passages?

A couple of mine:
"The Dharmakaya Buddha in samadhi has always been possessed by the mind, the two truths of the absolute and provisional are both eternally abiding, the [sounds of the] birds and animals, and plants and trees all are the sound of the Dharmakaya's Preaching, and Sukhavati and Tusita are originally in one's own mind." Chuju Kankyo no shi (A Poem in Reflection on My Fortieth Birthday) as translated in Takagi and Dreitlein 2010. Pg 240.
and
"However, ordinary worldly beings do not try to examine the origins of dharmas. Thus, they foolishly believe that there is arising. They are trapped in the cycle of birth and death, unable to escape on their own. A foolish painter once used many colors to paint a realistic picture of a horrible yaksa, but when he finished and stepped back to examine his work he collapsed to the ground in abject fear. It is the same with ordinary beings caught in the cycle of birth and death. Imagining on their own that dharmas have a source, they paint a picture of the triple world. They become enmeshed in it themselves, their minds engulfed in the flames [of clinging], experiencing all forms of suffering The Tathagata, the wise painter, has thoroughly realized this. He thus without impediment establishes the Mandala of Great Compassion [Mahakarunagarbhodbhava mandala]. Accordingly, we can say that the profound and secret treasury is secret only because ordinary beings make it so themselves. It is not the Tathagata who conceals it." -From Kukai's Unji gi (The Meanings of the letter Hum) translation Takagi and Dreitlein in Kukai on the Philosophy of Language. 2010
GDPR_Anonymized001

jake wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:45 am Hello Again,

I ordered 10 more copies of this book for those who might be interested, just message me.
Hello,

I will be moving soon but still have a few copies available. I am happy to make a deal to save on packing :)

jake

Return to “Shingon”