new cable cars up koyasan

Fortyeightvows

new cable cars up koyasan

Post by Fortyeightvows »

New cars will debut on a cable car system to Mount Koyasan, a UNESCO World Heritage site in Wakayama Prefecture, for the first time in 55 years in March, providing passengers a scenic view and a comfortable ride.
The cable car runs for 800 meters with a height difference of 328 meters, connecting Gokurakubashi and Koyasan stations by a ride of about five minutes.
The cable line opened in 1930. The third-generation cars, introduced in 1964, will be retired in November. A bus service will be provided until the fourth-generation cars start operation.
http://www.asahi.com/sp/ajw/articles/AJ ... 60005.html
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Re: new cable cars up koyasan

Post by Kim O'Hara »

I was horrified when I saw the thread title - not another cable car line up that beautiful mountain! :tantrum: - but since it's just a direct replacement of one set of cars with a new set on the same line, that's fine. :smile:

:namaste:
Kim
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

Kim O'Hara wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:13 pm I was horrified when I saw the thread title - not another cable car line up that beautiful mountain! :tantrum: - but since it's just a direct replacement of one set of cars with a new set on the same line, that's fine. :smile:

Kim
That would be very Bubble Japan to put up a new cable car. Japanese have calmed down since then and (I hope) are getting back to their traditional sensibilities merging man and nature.

Years ago, my girlfriend (now wife and baby momma) and I took a long bike trip - Kyoto-Nara-Wakayama-Osaka with a detour in Koya-san. We took that cable car up, but then rode down the mountain - one of the best experiences on a bike I've ever had.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara »

I visited Koyasan in the trip which prompted this thread - viewtopic.php?t=24013#p362012. I stayed two nights in one of the monasteries there. It was September, and it was cool and very wet ... long walk up to Kukai's tomb through the forest in gentle rain ... but very beautiful.
Like you, I visited Osaka - Kyoto - Nara first, but Koyasan was special.

Kim

Return to “Shingon”