Timing of Goma ceremony

KiwiNFLFan

Timing of Goma ceremony

Post by KiwiNFLFan »

Hi, I'm a Buddhist from New Zealand who is currently visiting Japan. At the moment I'm in Kyoto. I've read about Shingon Buddhism and would like to attend a Goma ceremony. What time of day are they normally performed? Does anyone know of a particular temple in Kyoto where they know the time the Goma is performed? Any help here would be good. Thanks.
Queequeg
Former staff member

Re: Timing of Goma ceremony

Post by Queequeg »

I did a quick search but can't find contact info - try reaching out to Rev. Thomas Eijo Dreitlein at Koyasan University.
https://www.koyasan-u.ac.jp/info/teache ... dreitlein/
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

You could try contacting him through his profile here:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=83
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

Tendai also perform Goma. You might contact Jikai, also a user here, who might have info on Tendai events.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1151
Shaku Kenshin

Post by Shaku Kenshin »

If you are also going to Tokyo, you could visit Fukugawa Fudodo. They perform the goma ceremony five times per day.

Return to “Shingon”