Thus

White Lotus

Thus

Post by White Lotus »

what is thus? it transcends even emptiness.

not as it is, not as it isnt,
neither this nor that,
neither emptiness nor form,
neither mind nor no mind,
neither self nor no self,
neither conscious nor unconscious,
neither real nor illusory,
neither attached nor unattached,

empty of emptiness,
empty of form,
blind and yet seeing,
a middle way.

total realisation,
not an achievable goal.
given certainty,
theres not a thing to see
nor unsee.
just so.

:namaste:
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.
White Lotus

Re: Thus

Post by White Lotus »

1. Mountain is mountain. (as it is). 2. Mountain is not mountain. (empty).3. Mountain is mountain (THIS mountain). 4. Neither mountain nor no mountain. 5. Mountain is no mountain: no mountain is mountain. Words no longer grasp reality, nor do they miss it. :meditate:
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

The word "thus" does not grasp the reality of existence. Nor does the word "emptiness". Words are far from experience and yet they do not miss it. Words can't grasp reality, but like a finger pointing towards the moon they are helpful, but merely a reflection of things; not real. :anjali:
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

The mountain is the valley, is the river, is the plain, is the sky. All that is the selfless self. The 0 that is 1. Extinct and yet present. 'Who' is reading this? The mountain is reading this. :meditate:
LastLegend

Post by LastLegend »

:rolling:
Take 3 times per day my friend to cure delusional thoughts
Take 3 times per day my friend to cure delusional thoughts
image.jpg (23.12 KiB) Viewed 4755 times
It’s eye blinking.
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

:) no buddha here!
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

everything back to normal. no attainment to speak of, nor non attainment. ordinary seeing, ordinary hearing. nothing special.

words dont touch it, words dont miss it.

mountain is just mountain.
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

Return to reality. Emptiness gone. Like a crisp morning frost: It's all real. The mountain is real! No more dreaming. :rolleye:
bokki

Post by bokki »

lol,
:rolling:
i think its nice, funny and whacky and misses d point in a sweet way! lol
kudos
if i may, do u practice zen with a teacher?.. dont mind the question if it is not pertinent.
but, im still smiling..thnx Lotus
b
Another log on the fire,
10,000 frogs singing in the rain,
burst into flames.
- Linda Anderson
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

I have teachers. Each of them is able to appreciate the profound simplicity of pouring a cup of tea! :anjali:
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

What misses the point? Surely there is no point to miss. I hope i can learn from you. Tom.
Rick

Post by Rick »

In geometry a point has zero dimensions.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
bokki

Post by bokki »

im sorry Tom, i sometimes react hastily..
so ill just try to quickly say that if u have teachers, u could show the poem
and the rest an ask them about it.
u r surely not going to rely for a teaching from a random person on d net?
unless a bona fide teacher?

but, 4 ex, the last 1:
Surely there is no point to miss.
if there is no point, the whole Buddhist shebang is just a circus,
and all the practices and sacrifices of our predecessors are just..
crap.
well, i dont think so.
im not the 1 2 explain...there are teachers 4 that.
point, dime... lol. sry gotta go now.
thank you, Tom
bokki
Another log on the fire,
10,000 frogs singing in the rain,
burst into flames.
- Linda Anderson
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

Thanks Rick! (and Bokki). :smile:
bob

Post by bob »

Friend, the way I see it, we need to discover for ourselves an original poetry, and avoid the warmed-over flatulence of the old zen language. If we can say something amazing without relying on Buddhist cliches, then we may be able to offer a contribution. Otherwise, it is just like another blind man mirror-gazing, and then droning on about his vision with borrowed terms and worn-out phrases.

Please excuse my intrusion here, it is likely ill-advised.
Dan74
Former staff member

Post by Dan74 »

bob wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:14 pm Friend, the way I see it, we need to discover for ourselves an original poetry, and avoid the warmed-over flatulence of the old zen language. If we can say something amazing without relying on Buddhist cliches, then we may be able to offer a contribution. Otherwise, it is just like another blind man mirror-gazing, and then droning on about his vision with borrowed terms and worn-out phrases.

Please excuse my intrusion here, it is likely ill-advised.
Bob!!!

It is good to 'see' you!

:namaste: :namaste: :namaste:

Dan
bob

Post by bob »

Heya Brother, tip of the hat to you!

My friend Marcel wrote that ZFI was out of business, so I came by here to see what happened.

All the best to you and yours!
KeithA

Post by KeithA »

bob wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:19 am Heya Brother, tip of the hat to you!

My friend Marcel wrote that ZFI was out of business, so I came by here to see what happened.

All the best to you and yours!
Holy blast from the past!! (I was "Jok_Hae" over there)

Nice to "see" you again. :applause:
When walking, standing, sitting, lying down, speaking,
being silent, moving, being still.
At all times, in all places, without interruption - what is this?
One mind is infinite kalpas.

New Haven Zen Center
bob

Post by bob »

Ha, ain't that the truth -- "you make, you get"!

Hiya Keith, I remember New Haven, took a beating on some real estate back there in the late 80s. ;)

Nice to see there is some activity there now, best wishes!
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

Bob, could do with some pollination by ex ZFI bees. At least until its up and running again. The "Zen" section of Dharma Wheel has been mournfully silent for a while. I for one would be very grateful for some more Zen wisdom on Dharma Wheel. Yes, we do have some very knowledgeable and experienced Zennies at Dharma Wheel, but if its not too greedy i'm sure we would welcome some more. Tom.

Return to “Zen”