New Zen Forum invitation

Nicholas Weeks

Re: New Zen Forum invitation

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

el gatito wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:25 pm Zen Forum Take III --- run by Denko --- https://zenforum.international/

( Zen Space has been thoroughly destroyed by the host, the latest database backup I have locally is as of Saturday, Jan 27. Not sure what to do next, and have no idea when the server is going to be restored. And in what condition. Should be karmic obstacles for Zen Forums. )
Dan used the metaphor of Zen Space having its own table in quiet restaurant, as opposed to DW the noisy one with many not-Zen tables.

I suggest dropping the idea of craving a special virtual space and just focus only on the Zen table here - at DW. Good steady concentration comes before Zen samadhi anyway.
May all seek, find & follow the Path of Buddhas.
el gatito

Post by el gatito »

Normally a web site hosting account includes 4 servers, namely web, database, mail and DNS. As the web server crashed on Monday I tried to setup one elsewhere (in Europe to be exact) and just link it to the existing database -- the database server was OK and all the data safe and up to date. Though this web server setup was not successful (for technical reasons) I was like, no need to worry -- as the database is safe we can either wait until the native web server is fixed or move elsewhere later. Yet, later (today afternoon) I discovered that our host “updated” the database using 2 weeks old backup (the same thing with the web server files) -- so the fresh copy of the forum data is lost. Though I have Saturdays backup -- on Sunday there were a number of Interesting posts that I would very much regret to lose. I have put what remains of Zen Space on a new “free trial” account with the host to which our current host is a re-seller. Here: http://leh6oigr-site.1tempurl.com/
Last post: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:39 pm UTC - 3.00 That's all that I can save. zen1.space domain can be redirected there -- I just want to wait a bit more -- maybe they would fix the old server. Though I have little hope now.

Do not post there yet, nor create new accounts, until the dust settles and things clarify. Maybe someone would be willing to take over this frustrating situation. I am very sad.
bokki

Post by bokki »

OMG, el g, lets all help, my friend, lets make it nice.. thank u 4 ur work el g, thnx
Another log on the fire,
10,000 frogs singing in the rain,
burst into flames.
- Linda Anderson
bokki

Post by bokki »

I WILL TAKE IT ON, financially, i have no idea how tech works...
Another log on the fire,
10,000 frogs singing in the rain,
burst into flames.
- Linda Anderson
Wayfarer
Former staff member

Post by Wayfarer »

El Gatito wrote: I am very sad.
I do really appreciate that. You've put in a lot of effort, it must be extremely frustrating. Hopefully something will be retrieved. All I can say is, thanks for all your efforts, and also for your advice.

:namaste:
'Only practice with no gaining idea' ~ Suzuki Roshi
el gatito

Post by el gatito »

el gatito wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:25 pm Zen Forum Take III --- run by Denko --- https://zenforum.international/
To clarify: I have no relation whatsoever to the forum run by Denko, namely https://zenforum.international/

This post was solely to update the community regarding his personal project. Sorry if the post was misleading.
el gatito

Post by el gatito »

Wayfarer wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:15 am Hopefully something will be retrieved.
Ha! You know what, I have found in my browser cache "Whats your practice - Page 4" with the post by Anders dated Sunday that I liked! I have saved this page for insertion into the forum later.
Drenpa

Post by Drenpa »

Wayfarer wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:15 am
El Gatito wrote: I am very sad.
I do really appreciate that. You've put in a lot of effort, it must be extremely frustrating. Hopefully something will be retrieved. All I can say is, thanks for all your efforts, and also for your advice.

:namaste:
+1.
Dan74
Former staff member

Post by Dan74 »

I'm just catching up on the goings-on.

I had a very recent backup and just restored the forum from it. Sad for the posts that have been lost (Sunday).

Really sorry about this long outage. Our host SmartASP are meant to be very reliable...
boda

Post by boda »

So I’ve accepted the invitation and registered — I’ve got some fascinating topic ideas! — but I’ve not received an email registration confirmation. :cry:
Dan74
Former staff member

Post by Dan74 »

boda wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:42 am So I’ve accepted the invitation and registered — I’ve got some fascinating topic ideas! — but I’ve not received an email registration confirmation. :cry:
Did you check spam? Could easily be that something is messed up too - I will ask our sysadmin and have a poke around myself in the meantime..

AND YES, ZEN SPACE LIVES ON!!!
Wayfarer
Former staff member

Post by Wayfarer »

:applause: :applause: :applause:
'Only practice with no gaining idea' ~ Suzuki Roshi
anjali
Former staff member

Post by anjali »

Good news! Now that the system is up and running again, and the invitation to the new board with link has been extended to those interested in the very first post. This seems like a good time to lock this thread.

Return to “Zen”