All is One

Norwegian

Re: All is One

Post by Norwegian »

Dan74 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:38 pm
White Lotus wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:30 pm Just fetch you'r laundry, prepare supper and do you'r practice! :namaste:
Yes. Pay attention to the little things. Do them well. Keep your feet on the ground. Then infinite marvels will reveal themselves without any effort from you.

_/|\_
I would add: Get a qualified teacher, from whom you can receive teachings/instructions/guidance. Then chances are you won't get lost, if you study and practice according to their instructions.
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

A tadpole (baby frog) suddenly sees the emptiness of the water he grows in and that his tail (defilements and self conceit) is shrinking. He comes out onto the dry ground of reality and thinks this is real! And then as he gets bigger he is happy in water and land and tends not to think much about either. :smile:
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.
Dan74
Former staff member

Post by Dan74 »

Norwegian wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:47 pm
Dan74 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:38 pm
White Lotus wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:30 pm Just fetch you'r laundry, prepare supper and do you'r practice! :namaste:
Yes. Pay attention to the little things. Do them well. Keep your feet on the ground. Then infinite marvels will reveal themselves without any effort from you.

_/|\_
I would add: Get a qualified teacher, from whom you can receive teachings/instructions/guidance. Then chances are you won't get lost, if you study and practice according to their instructions.
Sure.

I've just already said that a few times. Come to think of it, I've said everything a few times.

PS. Happy for the little frog! May he be the best frog that he can be.
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

Dan, The Lord Buddha taught us that we should restrain our thought by restraining our bodies. Restrain where you rest your eyes. Restrain your body movements. Slow down, gentle movements. Restrain your thoughts, think less and on good things. Restrain your feelings, by mindfulness of them. Self pity is to be avoided. If you experience negative emotions they will self liberate as you practice. You can't force them away. Restrain you'r hearing. Change the focus of sound when it arises to another sound. Restrain you'r body a little, even walking sometimes. Gentle movements of hands and feet, slow down. [Dhammapada, (Tr. Ananda Maitreya)"The Bhikkhu"ch.25 p.97] :meditate:
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

Without my teachers, i would know very little. I have 2 ascended Masters that have directly taught me over the years as well as friends and colleagues on Dharma Wheel. I am reluctant to talk about teachers knowing that not everyone has the opportunity to find a teacher because of their location, health or finances. Also knowing that DW has its own teachers. I would say that without teachers there wont be much learning. Anyone who can aquire a Master should, but not just any master: a good one. :anjali:
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

Dan, i've been smiling all evening about you'r little frog. Had to tell you! :smile:
muni

Post by muni »

Muni can i have a selfie with u!
:smile: :smile: in the mirror.
odysseus

Post by odysseus »

Puzzling, but is the Buddha this little frog of yours? Just a challenge.
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

If the Buddha was no longer dreaming then perhaps everything was real to him. I don't know. I'm not a buddha.
bokki

Post by bokki »

If the Buddha was no longer dreaming then perhaps everything was real to him. I don't know. I'm not a buddha.
if d buddha was no longer dreaming...lol how many guesses can u make in 1 sentence?

i dont know? lol, ...LOL

im not a buddha...LOL

liar.
Another log on the fire,
10,000 frogs singing in the rain,
burst into flames.
- Linda Anderson
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

The Enlightened One. No self to be enlightened. No enlightenment to be attained. No One to be attached to. Where buddhahood 'attained' there would be no craving, no fear and no blemish? I'm not a buddha.
bokki

Post by bokki »

i believe in u , bro
u may even pass mu,
or find how the mount walks on water,
tho, id like 2 joke a bit......

THE COMPASSIONATE LYING BODHISATTVA
Another log on the fire,
10,000 frogs singing in the rain,
burst into flames.
- Linda Anderson
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

That's sharp Bokki! Have you cracked Mu? :smile:
Kaelmz

Post by Kaelmz »

Sounds like new age goop.
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

Hinduism/new age doesnt reach it, nor does Parmenides and Plato's account of his teaching, nor does Plotinus' Aneads. Platonism and Neoplatonism doesnt reach it. best to stick with the Dharma of Seng Tsan. you can happily forget everything i have said about 1 and just get on with making your tea, doing your work and engaging in practice. Tom.
SunWuKong

Post by SunWuKong »

You are a Buddha, so be like Mt. Sumeru now.
"We are magical animals that roam" ~ Roam
Drenpa

Post by Drenpa »

White Lotus wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:17 pm Each letter is 1. Each word is 1. Each sentence is 1. Each paragraph is 1. Each chapter is 1. Each book is 1. Each library is 1. All knowledge is 1. All form is 1. All emptiness is 1. All is 1. :smile:
"Wrong tenets are demons to the doctrine. They make apprehensions of inherent existence in that which has none; They seek for cause and effect in what is just self arisen;"

Mipham, Fundamental Mind (Hopkins translation)

From the same text: (Quoting Compendium of the Thought of the Sutras)

"Their minds have not become proficient In the secret essence, the intended meaning, And yet they make effort at propounding it. If they did not speak about it, would it not be better?

Likewise, those who possess [improper] lifestyles And who make proofs and perform analysis, What would be wrong if they held back until gaining a mind ascertaining the meaning?"

Tom what would be wrong in holding back?

Return to “Zen”