Tea Ceremony teachers in the US

shanehanner

Tea Ceremony teachers in the US

Post by shanehanner »

Does anyone know any masters of tea ceremony that will teach others here in the US? I’d be willing to travel to Japan but prefer US and california
Aemilius

Re: Tea Ceremony teachers in the US

Post by Aemilius »

Kurt Spellmeyer says in one his Teishos that his teacher, forget the name now, is really into the tea ceremony, and that they are holding teachings and seminars about Chado (Way of the tea) in the U.S.
svaha
"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1. (in english and sanskrit)
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

shanehanner wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:00 pm Does anyone know any masters of tea ceremony that will teach others here in the US? I’d be willing to travel to Japan but prefer US and california
I know of at least one master in New York - not sure which lineage - he's a client of mine. I am also aware of a group in the DC area. My sister is a tea student in the Urasenke lineage in the Baltimore area.

Where are you? I can ask my sister.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
shanehanner

Post by shanehanner »

Queequeg wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:54 pm
shanehanner wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:00 pm Does anyone know any masters of tea ceremony that will teach others here in the US? I’d be willing to travel to Japan but prefer US and california
I know of at least one master in New York - not sure which lineage - he's a client of mine. I am also aware of a group in the DC area. My sister is a tea student in the Urasenke lineage in the Baltimore area.

Where are you? I can ask my sister.
Im in San Diego and thank you for asking!!
shanehanner

Post by shanehanner »

Aemilius wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:29 pm Kurt Spellmeyer says in one his Teishos that his teacher, forget the name now, is really into the tea ceremony, and that they are holding teachings and seminars about Chado (Way of the tea) in the U.S.
Ok thank you, I just messaged Kurt :-)

Return to “Zen”