Topic: Zen 6th Patriarch Statement regarding nature

LastLegend

Re: Topic: Zen 6th Patriarch Statement regarding nature

Post by LastLegend » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:12 pm

White Lotus wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:46 pm
But in general terms Buddhadharma is not a Non Dual path as understood by Non Dual traditions.
I not sure whether Nagarjuna actually talks about non duality, but some of his statements follow a non dual structure of thought.
strictly speaking non duality is a judgement and therefore vikalpa and subject to prapanca. it can be a very useful pointer towards realization experience, but ultimately we let go of it and everything else. freedom from concepts and yet playing with concepts.

you are free to play with thoughts and feelings. all is naturally liberated.

What is that that makes distinction between non-dual and dual? And are you still deluded when distinction is made?
non dual is dual, dual is non dual. there is no distinction from a non dual perspective. all the same. no one is deluded nor enlightened and yet things are not without delusion and enlightenment. making distinctions requires judgement, thought/vikalpa. be free to make distinctions. just just just.

clearly recognize your natural non-dual mind
meaning not even a view trying to top on it.
Pretty much forget what you have learned
whatever is trying to fabricate your unborn wisdom.

all attempts to adjust ourselves, to learn the truth, to put on a new person are trying to change what is naturally liberated, and not necessary. however, what we learn can make life easier.

just be aware when aware, mindless when mindless. as for non duality: not dual-non dual not without dual non dual.

every thing I am saying is empty, it is mere froth, words. not to be taken seriously, but enjoyed. light entertainment! :smile:

what I am talking about I don't know, nor ever will know, not even that.

best wishes Tom. :anjali:
I would be careful about what 6th Patriarch called idle emptiness.
Make personal vows.

bokki

Post by bokki » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:08 pm

legend, a good sign, beeing so free in advice.
and, holds a promise.

thnx legend, thnx Tom.

White Lotus

Post by White Lotus » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:36 pm

nice one Bokki!
Ouch! i wouldn't last more than two or three days in the 6th Patriarchs zen monastery. too much scolding! idle by nature, like the surface of a lake. doing nothing in particular most of the time.

have you heard of Buji Zen? it has mixed reviews, but i quite like that lazy style. Zhao Zhu, wouldn't approve at all, the old tortoise. he would have made a good cup of tea.

teachers, forgive my arrogance, im just making an attempt at light humour.

so, Last Legend, whats your style?

with Love, Tom x :anjali:
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.

LastLegend

Post by LastLegend » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:52 pm

White Lotus wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:36 pm

Ouch! i wouldn't last more than two or three days in the 6th Patriarchs zen monastery. too much scolding! idle by nature, like the surface of a lake. doing nothing in particular most of the time.
Is that working?
have you heard of Buji Zen? it has mixed reviews, but i quite like that lazy style. Zhao Zhu, wouldn't approve at all, the old tortoise. he would have made a good cup of tea.

teachers, forgive my arrogance, im just making an attempt at light humour.

so, Last Legend, whats your style?

with Love, Tom x :anjali:
Ummh...buji should be active brisk and dynamic, no? Or unborn wisdom is naturally buji?
Make personal vows.

White Lotus

Post by White Lotus » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:57 pm

Ummh...buji should be active brisk and dynamic, no? Or unborn wisdom is naturally buji?
Naturally buji! naturally. but who? or who not.

:anjali:
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.

LastLegend

Post by LastLegend » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:06 pm

White Lotus wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:57 pm
Naturally buji! naturally. but who? or who not.

:anjali:
I don’t know dude. I try not to get caught up with all of those questions. If people hold the big sword, just head straight if they could.
Make personal vows.

Return to “Zen”