Entry into gcod

michaelb

Re: Entry into gcod

Post by michaelb »

heart wrote:Yes, but today it seems he will give the "Khadroi Gadgyang”, he already transmitted his own chöd practice the last two days.
/magnus
Cool. A great opportunity for everyone able to watch/listen in. I understand there is no specific wang for the khando'i gejung so it would be interesting to see what form such a transmission usually takes and how Rinpoche does it.
heart

Post by heart »

michaelb wrote:
heart wrote:Yes, but today it seems he will give the "Khadroi Gadgyang”, he already transmitted his own chöd practice the last two days.
/magnus
Cool. A great opportunity for everyone able to watch/listen in. I understand there is no specific wang for the khando'i gejung so it would be interesting to see what form such a transmission usually takes and how Rinpoche does it.
He probably give a "lung-tri", that is a "lung" with explanations, like he did today with Machick Ladron's "Great bundle of precepts" (http://gdamsngagmdzod.tsadra.org/index. ... f_Precepts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
clairehigham

Post by clairehigham »

Hi,
I have just noticed this thread about Tsewong Rinpoche - can I just let you all know that RInpoche, Lama Jinpa and Lama Pema are coming to London this May/June (2013).
I also have had only positive experiences with the school!
Here is a link to more details:
http://www.tibetanchod.com/events/england/

They are also doing a Wild Chod day in London - practicing in some graveyards and also visiting and touring London with students (afternoon tea included)!

Best Wishes
Claire
Khechara

Post by Khechara »

michaelb wrote:
/magnus
Sorry, I know it is a very old thread but I specifically want to clarify whether or not there is a specific wang for the Sound of Dakini Laughter Practice. Also, which teachers besides Lama Wangdu are currently offering this teaching in Nepal?

Thank you
philji

Post by philji »

Kechari. To my knowledge in Boudha there is a weekly Chod group at White Go pa where they usually practice a lujin Chod. They may on occasion do khandro gayjang.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Khechara wrote:
michaelb wrote:
/magnus
Sorry, I know it is a very old thread but I specifically want to clarify whether or not there is a specific wang for the Sound of Dakini Laughter Practice. Also, which teachers besides Lama Wangdu are currently offering this teaching in Nepal?

Thank you
No, there is no specific empowerment for this chö text.
Rroman

Post by Rroman »

philji wrote:Kechari. To my knowledge in Boudha there is a weekly Chod group at White Go pa where they usually practice a lujin Chod. They may on occasion do khandro gayjang.

the group only does the chokling tersar lujin.
Khechara

Post by Khechara »

Malcolm wrote:
Khechara wrote:
michaelb wrote: Cool. A great opportunity for everyone able to watch/listen in. I understand there is no specific wang for the khando'i gejung so it would be interesting to see what form such a transmission usually takes and how Rinpoche does it.

Thank you
Thank you for the information!
michaelb

Post by michaelb »

Khechara wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Khechara wrote:

Thank you
Probably a good idea to receive Yumka Dechen Gyalmo empowerment, though. There's only a peaceful dakini (Dechen Gyalmo) and wrathful dakini (Sengedongma) empowerment in LN, and other practices (like Tara, maybe) rely on those.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

michaelb wrote:
Khechara wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Probably a good idea to receive Yumka Dechen Gyalmo empowerment, though. There's only a peaceful dakini (Dechen Gyalmo) and wrathful dakini (Sengedongma) empowerment in LN, and other practices (like Tara, maybe) rely on those.
No, you just need to receive direct introduction.
michaelb

Post by michaelb »

Malcolm wrote:
michaelb wrote:
Khechara wrote:
What do you mean by "direct introduction", what term are you translating here? I assume you would also need lung and tri?

I suppose I'm wondering what the difference between nam mkha'i sgo 'byed, ngo sprod spras pa and rig pa'i rtsal dbang is.

Just to add, I think it's quite a Longchen Nyingthig thing to receive empowerments and that rather than just rely on direct introduction(?)
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

michaelb wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
michaelb wrote:Probably a good idea to receive Yumka Dechen Gyalmo empowerment, though. There's only a peaceful dakini (Dechen Gyalmo) and wrathful dakini (Sengedongma) empowerment in LN, and other practices (like Tara, maybe) rely on those.
What do you mean by "direct introduction", what term are you translating here? I assume you would also need lung and tri?

I suppose I'm wondering what the difference between nam mkha'i sgo 'byed, ngo sprod spras pa and rig pa'i rtsal dbang is.

Just to add, I think it's quite a Longchen Nyingthig thing to receive empowerments and that rather than just rely on direct introduction(?)
This particular chod is grounded in Dzogchen. All you need to practice this chod is direct introduction, ala, first phrase of Garab Dorje.

Of course you also need the lung for the practice, but you certainly do not need to receive any kind of empowerment, including "the opening of the sky door." Having said that, it is not a fault to receive Dechen Gyalmo, etc. It just isn't necessary.

This of course has a lot to do with a difference in perspective about empowerments from an Ati point of view and a Maha or Anuyoga point of view.

[Mod note: This topic had been necroed and was split to here:]
https://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.p ... 28#p663428

Return to “Chod”