Milam Lungten

marcusocasey

Re: Milam Lungten

Post by marcusocasey »

lelopa wrote:Lama Chogdrub Dorje and Lama Tashi Dondrub (both karma kagyu) are holders of this transmission too....
i think Lama Tashi now lives in the USA somewhere.
If I'm not mistaken, Lama Tashi lives in Toronto.
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

marcusocasey wrote:
lelopa wrote:Lama Chogdrub Dorje and Lama Tashi Dondrub (both karma kagyu) are holders of this transmission too....
i think Lama Tashi now lives in the USA somewhere.
If I'm not mistaken, Lama Tashi lives in Toronto.
:emb: - yes this could be....
he was the resident-lama of a main kk-center in germany in the late 80's - early 90's and gave teachings on milam lungten

edited my worst english
Lost In Transmission
Palzang Jangchub

Post by Palzang Jangchub »

:good: (s)

It's good to know that Milam Lungten is becoming a regular retreat at KTD. Lama Gyaltsen is amazing for initiating such activity and keeping it going! I'm also overjoyed that he's giving the lung at the beginning, and Lama Kathy is able to give it as well. That means folks back in the States are able to get it, even if they can't come to India/Nepal :D

Somerset, you have no idea how much I appreciate your little story. I have been in contact with Palpung Sherabling about the possibility of doing retreat, and can't believe I didn't think to ask them about the lung. Based on what you say, it's likely they have it or know someone who does, which is good to hear since I'm closeby at Gyuto already!

marcusocasey and/or lelopa, any idea where Lama Chogdrub Dorje is residing these days?

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

Karma Jinpa wrote: ...............

marcusocasey and/or lelopa, any idea where Lama Chogdrub Dorje is residing these days?
the last news i've heard (long ago) was that he lives in a dharma center in grenoble-france
from time to time he visits germany -so it could be possible!
Lost In Transmission
Palzang Jangchub

According to some folks on the ground here at Gyuto, it looks like it may be possible to request the lung and tri from Gyaltsab Rinpoche at the Kagyu Mönlam this year, which would be amazing! He's already giving the Vajrasattva empowerment from Marpa, and I've heard it's possible to have an audience with him as well.

Please pray for me, ladies and gents!

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

lelopa

Post by lelopa »

maybe it depends more on karma than on prayers :mrgreen:

i'll do it anyway :anjali:
Lost In Transmission
Palzang Jangchub

Seems I may wind up in Germany after all. Think Karmapa's hints finally got thru to me thru a good friend, who was similarly inspired out of the blue. Talk about the lama's blessings!

Where does Lama Chogdrub Dorje usually visit in Germany when he goes? Any particular Dharma centers?

lelopa

Post by lelopa »

afaik: the diamondway-centers because he is on the side of the karmapa thaye dorje - f.e. berchenling-centers, etc

http://www.berchenling.org/2010/05/03/m ... n-germany/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lost In Transmission

Return to “Chod”