Lamchen Gyalpo R. - Feb. 2014

Palzang Jangchub

Lamchen Gyalpo R. - Feb. 2014

Post by Palzang Jangchub »

Lamchen Gyalpo Rinpoche, one of the foremost masters of Chöd in the Drikung Kagyu lineage, will be headlining the upcoming Winter Teachings at Drong Ngur Jangchubling in the Tampa, FL area. His main concern during this visit seems to be imparting the practice of Chöd to students, and thus Rinpoche will be bestowing an empowerment, giving teachings, and leading a practice session to that end.

According to the teaching schedule, Gyalpo Rinpoche "has collected many different Chöd practices used in the Drikung Lineage and put them together as one book. This book has Yangzab Terma Chöd practices, a Chöd practice from Lord Jigten Sumgön, [...] and many other versions from both Nyingma and Kagyu traditions." The mention of this could indicate that he will be using this volume to teach from and/or that transmissions of some of these practices might be given.

More info:
http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=14960

Drong Ngur Jangchubling Buddhist Center
http://dnjus.org/

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ
Dharmaswede

Re: Lamchen Gyalpo R. - Feb. 2014

Post by Dharmaswede »

Does anyone know anything about the book mentioned here?
Palzang Jangchub

I have inquired about further details on the tome, and if there will be transmission given for any or all the practices it contains, but thus far have received no response.

The mention of this book could simply be to illustrate Lamchen Gyalpo Rinpoche's vast knowledge and experience on the subject, or that he'll be using that Chöd text to teach from...

However, I suspect that following the empowerment he'll give at least some lung. Just a hunch.

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

Dharmaswede

Post by Dharmaswede »

Thank you for all your efforts in providing relevant information here, I really appreciate it.

Best Regards,

Jens
Drikung_Dzogchen

Post by Drikung_Dzogchen »

I am fairly certain can back me up on this. But after spending many years going threough the Yangzab texts as well as having many of them translated I mave never come acroww a Yangzab Chod test. I would love to be mistaken and that such a text might exist, but it is not mentioned in the terma index for the Yangzab. The first teachings publically given on Lamchen Gyalpo Rinpoches Chod arrangement was for the DDCV event last May. At that time the Chod text was translated. This is the same text that was used for the Florida teachings. The Chod arrangement primary draws on Kunga Rinchen, Lord Jigten Sumgon and Lho Nuden Dorje. Nowhere is the Yangzab referenced nor is GYalwang Rinchen Phuntsok mentioned in the colophon. I think that a mistake was made in the advertising for the Florida teachings. Also in discussions with Lamchen Gyalpo Rinpoche about his Chod arrangement no mention was never made of any of it deriving from the Yangzab. But again I would love to be mistaken and find that such a text exists.
Palzang Jangchub

Does anyone have a scanned copy of Lamchen Gyalpo Rinpoche's Chöd sadhana? I lost all my texts, and would greatly appreciate an electronic copy being sent to me.

Fortyeightvows

Post by Fortyeightvows »

Karma Jinpa wrote:Does anyone have a scanned copy of Lamchen Gyalpo Rinpoche's Chöd sadhana? I lost all my texts, and would greatly appreciate an electronic copy being sent to me.
I also have recived the chod empowerment from rinpoche..if anyone gets you a copy of the sadhana, I'd also be interested.
Palzang Jangchub

Fortyeightvows wrote:
Karma Jinpa wrote:Does anyone have a scanned copy of Lamchen Gyalpo Rinpoche's Chöd sadhana? I lost all my texts, and would greatly appreciate an electronic copy being sent to me.
I also have recived the chod empowerment from rinpoche..if anyone gets you a copy of the sadhana, I'd also be interested.
Jens & Fortyeightvows, PM me please.

Return to “Chod”