For the Wanderers: Mingyur Rinpoche's Wanderings

YesheDronmar

For the Wanderers: Mingyur Rinpoche's Wanderings

Post by YesheDronmar »

I realize that this is already being discussed in the Kagyu boards, yet I believe that it has relevance for the Chod practitioners as well. Here is an example of a great yogi wandering for four years; truly an advanced practice.

http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=21163

May all beings benefit!
TashiBob4671

Re: For the Wanderers: Mingyur Rinpoche's Wanderings

Post by TashiBob4671 »

I'm hoping he'll have many stories to tell and maybe even tips for anyone else wishing to do this. Either way I'm glad he's back. He's been a favorite teacher of mine since reading The Joy of Living.

Quick question in regards to Chöd. I know he has his own system of training people but has anyone actually received Chöd instruction from him?
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

To be fair, I'm pretty sure Mingyur Rinpoche's retreat wasn't centred on Chö, but mainly a Dzogchen/Mahamudra retreat based on the instructions of his father, Tulku Urgyen, and his other main Dzogchen Guru, Nyoshul Khenpo....and also the Mahamudra instructions of Tai Situpa which he received just before he entered retreat.

Over the years, Rinpoche had expressed his wish to follow in the example of mountain yogis...he is quite an amazing teacher...very similar to Tsoknyi Rinpoche in personality and teaching style....and very much in the mould of Tulku Urgyen imparting pointing out instructions.

The whole 'joy of living' structure developed from Rinpoche's teachings over the years, making them accessible to all level of practitioners...in group and one on one settings Rinpoche is very relaxed and playful...but also very direct and dedicated to giving pith instructions that students actually have a concrete experience of...asking questions and repeating various methods etc.

If you get the chance to meet him, grab it with both hands.
s.
YesheDronmar

Post by YesheDronmar »

Shall we wander off to Bodhgaya together to meet him?

Oh what a joy that would be!
MalaBeads

Post by MalaBeads »

I have received teachings from him only one time but i have to say i was very impressed. Not so much by anything he said or did but because all of the circumstances surrounding him were so Dharmic. I hope our paths cross again.
I am well aware of my idiocy. I am also very aware that you too are an idiot. Therein lies our mutuality.

Return to “Chod”