complete chod instructions

lama tsewang

complete chod instructions

Post by lama tsewang »

i saw something that indicates that in october shambhala publications is selling the volume from the dam ngag dzod that contains the teaching of chod . i woyuld like to know if anyone has considered how one could get the transmission for all of the contents of the book. this is very important , as the dam ngagdzod will contain a complete set of teaching on how to practice chod.

Lama Tsewang

l
conebeckham

Re: complete chod instructions

Post by conebeckham »

Oh, don't worry, I am sure someone will give all the wangs, lungs, and tri via the internet. On Facebook.

We'll be fine.

:stirthepot:
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
heart

Post by heart »

lama tsewang wrote:i saw something that indicates that in october shambhala publications is selling the volume from the dam ngag dzod that contains the teaching of chod . i woyuld like to know if anyone has considered how one could get the transmission for all of the contents of the book. this is very important , as the dam ngagdzod will contain a complete set of teaching on how to practice chod.

Lama Tsewang
l
Like this: http://www.tsadra.org/the-treasury-of-p ... tions.html

Yeah, sounds great although a little unclear exactly what they are translating.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
heart

Post by heart »

Part of the index have been translated: http://dnz.tsadra.org/index.php/Volumes ... ngag_mdzod

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
MiphamFan

Post by MiphamFan »

Richard Barron also translated the catalogue, it's available on the site you linked for free.
crazy-man

Post by crazy-man »

conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

I believe they are translating everything into English--incl. sadhanas, tris, the whole bit.

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
heart

Post by heart »

conebeckham wrote:I believe they are translating everything into English--incl. sadhanas, tris, the whole bit.
Yes, it looks like. Looking forward to this.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

My off-the-cuff attempt at humor earlier in the thread aside, I too am looking forward to this. But I won't be practicing those methods for which I lack empowerment. Quite simply stated, that would be a waste of time.

heart

Post by heart »

conebeckham wrote:My off-the-cuff attempt at humor earlier in the thread aside, I too am looking forward to this. But I won't be practicing those methods for which I lack empowerment. Quite simply stated, that would be a waste of time.
Of course, but I got those empowerments (most of them).

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

heart wrote:
conebeckham wrote:My off-the-cuff attempt at humor earlier in the thread aside, I too am looking forward to this. But I won't be practicing those methods for which I lack empowerment. Quite simply stated, that would be a waste of time.
Of course, but I got those empowerments (most of them).

/magnus
The volumes I'm interested in will be those I practice, or intend to practice, having previously had the empowerments and in most cases, the instructions, as well.

I understand Lama Tsewang's concern, of course, and I'd bet some people will attempt to practice various things, based on the translations. Such people will need to understand their efforts are wasted.

lama tsewang

Post by lama tsewang »

Wow , im not concerned at all, i just mentiomed that this book is being published and thaat this is important.
and also that I want to get the lungs , and suggestions as to where we might get them , or maybe arrange comunally for this
ie , do it here in vancouver
lama tsewang

Post by lama tsewang »

theres two blessing rituals in the book , and i assume that all of of us have had one of them
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Opening the Door to the Sky, yes? And....a Torma empowerment, if I recall?

Kris

Post by Kris »

This text is really great, especially for the source texts and pith instructions of Machig Labdron.
I've flipped through the other 2 sections on opening the sky door and the sadhanas, but my main interest is on the source material since I dont have those transmissions for the sadhanas in the text, still an excellent text though
chod.jpg
chod.jpg (134.49 KiB) Viewed 4890 times
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines

Return to “Chod”