Jigten Sumgon Chod

Kris

Jigten Sumgon Chod

Post by Kris »

Does anyone have the text for Jigten Sumgons chod?
I did receive the transmission by way of live webcast with Drupon Rinchen Dorje. It is the only Kagyu chod transmission I have and would like to put it into practice at least every month.
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Losal Samten

Re: Jigten Sumgon Chod

Post by Losal Samten »

PM'd.
Lacking mindfulness, we commit every wrong. - Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔
ཨོཾ་ཧ་ནུ་པྷ་ཤ་བྷ་ར་ཧེ་ཡེ་སྭཱ་ཧཱ།།
ཨཱོཾ་མ་ཏྲི་མུ་ཡེ་སལེ་འདུ།།
Palzang Jangchub

Post by Palzang Jangchub »

Would you mind sending it to me, too, Losal Samten? I believe at least part of it is in Lamchen Gyalpo Rinpoche's Chöd sadhana, but it would be nice to have the whole thing.

Himalayan Art states something that's worth noting here:
As a deity represented in art, Prajnaparamita is relatively minor with only a few variations of iconographic form. With regard to the different religious traditions of Tantric Buddhism, it is the Cho (Severance) founded by Machig Labdron and the Drigung Kagyu founded by Jigten Sumgon that place a special emphasis on Prajnaparamita and subsequently depict the deity in their paintings and sculpture.

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ
Nyedrag Yeshe

Post by Nyedrag Yeshe »

Losal Samten wrote:PM'd.
Please send me too! :anjali:
“Whatever has to happen, let it happen!”
“Whatever the situation is, it’s fine!”
“I really don’t need anything!
~Tsangpa Gyare Yeshe Dorje (1161-1211)
ओं पद्मोष्णीष विमले हूँ फट । ओं हनुफशभरहृदय स्वाहा॥
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔ ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོ།
Kris

Post by Kris »

So my copy of the sadhana text has arrived
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Losal Samten wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:14 pmPM'd.
May I have a copy of this?
Kris

Post by Kris »

This appears to be the chod practice that Garchen Rinpoche is teaching on, it corresponds to pg. 10 and onwards of Jigten Sumgons Chod.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Tlalok

Post by Tlalok »

Does anyone have access to a copy of this text that they'd be willing to share? It doesn't look like there's a way for me to get this in Canada.
Kris

Post by Kris »

• Kusali Chod – chanted by Ven. Khenpo Tenzin, Ven. Lama Abao, Lama Deiki
https://garchen.net/?ddownload=10050
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Palzang Jangchub

Post by Palzang Jangchub »

Thanks for this, Sennin!

If memory serves, Garchen Rinpoche mentioned that, technically speaking, only the first 10 pages of this sadhana are Jigten Sumgön's Kusali Chöd, and the rest are supplemental practices added by others.

This jives with my own experience of other Kusali Chöd practices; they are quite short and pithy, and if I'm not mistaken are specifically called this term because they require only visualization since beggars (kusali, sometimes kusuli) wouldn't necessary be able to procure the ritual instruments for it.

That would make the video posted above not the Kusali Chöd proper, but those other additional feasts. A point worth noting, especially for those daunted by the musical accompaniment and/or the time it takes to run through all the pages of the text.

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ
ChagnaDorje

Post by ChagnaDorje »

Please, anybody, send me sadhana text :)

I received gcod transmission from Garchen Rinpoche by webcast :)
ChagnaDorje

Post by ChagnaDorje »

Kris

Post by Kris »

ChagnaDorje wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:22 pm Please, anybody, send me sadhana text :)

I received gcod transmission from Garchen Rinpoche by webcast :)
I'll send it in a day or two just pm me your email. :thumbsup:
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
ChangChubDrolma1986

Post by ChangChubDrolma1986 »

i have question :thinking: its ok do chod without having lung? im really prefer do it but some friends say that better dont do :( .... i hope i will find teacher who can give me this lung :s :consoling:
Dharmaswede

Post by Dharmaswede »

I don't know anyone who would say it is ok to practice Chöd without lung, or special permission by a bona fide teacher.

I understand you are interested in the Jigten Sumgon Chod, but offer the resources below as alternatives or training while you are pursuing the lung for it.

You can practice Feeding Your Demons without lung. It is similar, but very different.

https://www.amazon.com/Feeding-Your-Dem ... our+demons

https://www.taramandala.org/product/fee ... level-one/

Lama Tsultrim Allione usually offers online lung for the Chöd of Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche a couple of times per year.
ChangChubDrolma1986

Dharmaswede wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:33 pm I don't know anyone who would say it is ok to practice Chöd without lung, or special permission by a bona fide teacher.

I understand you are interested in the Jigten Sumgon Chod, but offer the resources below as alternatives or training while you are pursuing the lung for it.

You can practice Feeding Your Demons without lung. It is similar, but very different.

https://www.amazon.com/Feeding-Your-Dem ... our+demons

https://www.taramandala.org/product/fee ... level-one/

Lama Tsultrim Allione usually offers online lung for the Chöd of Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche a couple of times per year.

Thank you, i think i will somehow connect with this Lama and ask offer online lung
Thank you <3
ChangChubDrolma1986

maybie i can get her email? or other contacts?
im be really thankful <3 :hug: oh and i need and more lungs :(but maybie not in same time :D :namaste: :oops:
Dharmaswede

Post by Dharmaswede »

Lama Tsultrom Allione will give online Chö transmission this Sunday: bit.ly/2QSm6rH
ChangChubDrolma1986

Dharmaswede wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:43 am Lama Tsultrom Allione will give online Chö transmission this Sunday: bit.ly/2QSm6rH
o thank you, i will try catch it :) interesting that time its will be :3 :thanks: :thanks: :buddha1:
SönamYangdrön

Post by SönamYangdrön »

Can I get a copy of the text?

Return to “Chod”