Lama Tsultrim Allione recognized as emanation of Machik Labdrön

Palzang Jangchub

Lama Tsultrim Allione recognized as emanation of Machik Labdrön

Post by Palzang Jangchub »

Found the article from the Snow Lion Newsletter back in May 29, 2008, thanks to the wonderful Wayback Machine:
At Zangri Khangmar, Tibet---the place where Machig Labdrön lived from ages 37 to 99, and where she passed away---the resident Lama, Karma Nyitön Kunkhyab Chökyi Dorje recently said, "I want to make it clear to all of you and there should be no doubt that Tsultrim is an emanation of Machig Labdrön."

The next day, Rinpoche offered Tsultrim a self-arisen golden crystal phurba (ceremonial dagger), the only remaining tsa tsa made from the ashes of Machig's body (a mixture of clay and ash imprinted with an image of Machig dancing), texts of Machig's teachings, a hat with symbolic meaning designed by Machig, and various other treasures.

Besides this experience with the Lama at Zangri, Tsultrim was also independently recognized as an emanation of Machig Labdrön by Lama Tsering Wangdu Rinpoche, holder of the lineage of Dampa Sangye.

About the recognition, Tsultrim recently said, "This explains why I have had a life-long connection with Machig's teachings beginning in 1973 learning Chöd and the dreams leading to finding her biography in 1981. As we drove away from Zangri Khangmar I thought, 'Why this recognition, why now, what is the purpose?' I think it is to make this new phase of collecting Machig's lineage more empowered. Recognition allows more energy to flow, and Machig's blessings can manifest more fully. It's a kind of mirroring from the outside, validating our heartfelt intention to reinvigorate and spread Machig's lineage in the West. It also felt very natural. We will keep doing what we have been doing already, but the recognition creates an auspicious interdependence for the teachings."
Lama Tsultrim Allione on the throne at Zangri Khangmar, wearing the hat designed by Machig Labdrön (Photo by Wendy Garling)
Lama Tsultrim Allione on the throne at Zangri Khangmar, wearing the hat designed by Machig Labdrön (Photo by Wendy Garling)
N80_9a.jpg (59.63 KiB) Viewed 2049 times
http://web.archive.org/web/200805292200 ... N80_9.html

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ

Return to “Chod”