Damaru and Kangling

jet.urgyen

Damaru and Kangling

Post by jet.urgyen »

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask where can i buy a traditional-made damaru and/or kangling, and how much time does the kangling lasts. I'm thinking on future generations of practitioners while looking at the bill.

Best regards.
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
philji

Re: Damaru and Kangling

Post by philji »

philji

Post by philji »

Also in Kathmandu, excellent Chod drums here..but no kanglings I don't think.
[email protected]
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

seems to be that damaruworks have more concern on this matter, however i would like to know opinions and/or facts about the choices

i've been reading and kanglings for example have an high amount of characteristics, ritualistic and physical

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
philji

Post by philji »

Seems damaruworks have upgraded since it was known as Tibetan healing Chod. It is run. Y American Lama Jinpa..who is very knowledgeable about Chod but there was some controversy some time back. This shouldn't make any difference in buying from him( if the price is right). Kanglings need to be quite specific, you can use wood if bone is unavailable.
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

I would go with Garudashop. Run by a great practitioner and excellent quality products. And, maybe just as important, he gives the people he buys from a very fair price.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

:reading:

Fortyeightvows

Post by Fortyeightvows »

Rroman

Post by Rroman »

I have a nice damaru for sale. it is not painted green, just natural skin. It has mantra inside based on longchen nyingtik.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Fortyeightvows wrote:How about from FPMT?
http://shop.fpmt.org/Chod-Drum_p_729.html
hmm seems to be painted, and it is suppoused to last a few generations. i think that it wont last that :v

Return to “Chod”