Problems on Machig Labdron

Tenma

Problems on Machig Labdron

Post by Tenma »

Okay, so I recieved the Chod lung from Lama Tsultrim Allione's webcast, but am now having problem on the practice.
I followed the advice of looking at a thangka, then close my eyes, then open and so on to get the image in my head. Unfortunately, I may have made her rather too attractive for me, so I'm having well....yeah, "worldly sensations." Any solutions? The image is now stuck in my head, I can't change it.
Virgo

Re: Problems on Machig Labdron

Post by Virgo »

The image of the dakini is to be visualized just as it is in the thangka, on the card, etc. Try to just focus on the practice and the mantra, etc.

Virgo
Tenma

Post by Tenma »

Virgo wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:28 am The image of the dakini is to be visualized just as it is in the thangka, on the card, etc. Try to just focus on the practice and the mantra, etc.

Virgo
I did, but the features may have been rather become "too detailed" when I tried. I'm focused on the practice, but I tend to have an unstable mind in this image. Is there a way to stop this desire?
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

First of all, you should ask Lama Tsultrim, your teacher, who gave you this transmission, and get the specific instructions for her. Aside from that just try not to focus on that too much while doing the meditation, and if you continue to have the same issue, just don't pay it too much mind, let it go and do your best to meditate. Also, before you meditate, before you go for refuge and bodhichitta, try to give yourself a minute to get your mind in the right state of mind, by reminding yourself that you are going to meditate for a little while and to remember to let go of any distractions that arise while you meditate. If you think about it too much, you give it power, so let go...

Kevin
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Tenma wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:52 pm Okay, so I recieved the Chod lung from Lama Tsultrim Allione's webcast, but am now having problem on the practice.
I followed the advice of looking at a thangka, then close my eyes, then open and so on to get the image in my head. Unfortunately, I may have made her rather too attractive for me, so I'm having well....yeah, "worldly sensations." Any solutions? The image is now stuck in my head, I can't change it.
You shouldn't be attempting to do anything with Chod practice without the instructions. Really AFAIK the only things to do at all from those lungs without the associated instructions are the Tara mantras. The rest of it, really you should have instruction, and are likely wasting your time, and possibly adversely conditioning yourself for the future by attempting something like Chod without instructions. People mentioned in the other thread that you could ask for scholarship help or write to Tara Mandala with your predicament. I don't feel you are taking these teachings particularly seriously and as such, i'm going to close the thread.

Your very question here makes it clear that you need instruction on these practices.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama

Return to “Chod”