I read the book Feeding Your Demons

Tirisilex

I read the book Feeding Your Demons

Post by Tirisilex »

I read the book Feeding Your Demons and Today I identified a Demon for my Restless legs.. I visualized me body as a Nectar.. It said it needed Love. So I visualized a time I was in love with some girl. The Demon began feasting on my Nectar and got greedy for it. He kept saying Oh My God that is soooo Good. Once he was full he turned into a woman and said I pledge myself to you. I will do your bidding.. I hope this is the way things are supposed to happen. I'm kind of concerned if the demon will cause my restless legs to get the nectar. I wouldn't mind doing this meditation every day but not all the time. I'm new to this and I'm a lil worried.
amanitamusc

Re: I read the book Feeding Your Demons

Post by amanitamusc »

Tirisilex wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:09 pm I read the book Feeding Your Demons and Today I identified a Demon for my Restless legs.. I visualized me body as a Nectar.. It said it needed Love. So I visualized a time I was in love with some girl. The Demon began feasting on my Nectar and got greedy for it. He kept saying Oh My God that is soooo Good. Once he was full he turned into a woman and said I pledge myself to you. I will do your bidding.. I hope this is the way things are supposed to happen. I'm kind of concerned if the demon will cause my restless legs to get the nectar. I wouldn't mind doing this meditation every day but not all the time. I'm new to this and I'm a lil worried.
You might want to make a connection.
https://taramandala.org/about/lama-tsultrim/
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Tirisilex wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:09 pm I read the book Feeding Your Demons and Today I identified a Demon for my Restless legs.. I visualized me body as a Nectar.. It said it needed Love. So I visualized a time I was in love with some girl. The Demon began feasting on my Nectar and got greedy for it. He kept saying Oh My God that is soooo Good. Once he was full he turned into a woman and said I pledge myself to you. I will do your bidding.. I hope this is the way things are supposed to happen. I'm kind of concerned if the demon will cause my restless legs to get the nectar. I wouldn't mind doing this meditation every day but not all the time. I'm new to this and I'm a lil worried.
Congrats.
Demonfeeding is an outstanding wonderful practice. I do it from time to time, when there are pressing problems and I can't find the right attitude to them. I don't think, it is supposed to be a daily practice? It is a tool for analysing and solving problems on a deeper layer, I believe.
It is also very interesting to have an extra Demonfeeding diary. I found out, that the demons still look the same even after some years. So for the analysis one can use the results of two years ago and combine them with the recent information.
Last edited by Ayu on Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tirisilex

Post by Tirisilex »

I mentioned I have been doing the practices from this book. And they are calling me insane to think that such a thing is a good idea. They said if I feed a demon all its gonna do is just hang around forever.. But the book is full of examples that the demon leaves you after a while or transforms into an Ally instead of a demon.
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Tirisilex wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:50 am I mentioned I have been doing the practices from this book. And they are calling me insane to think that such a thing is a good idea. They said if I feed a demon all its gonna do is just hang around forever.. But the book is full of examples that the demon leaves you after a while or transforms into an Ally instead of a demon.
Who are they?
heart

Post by heart »

Tirisilex wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:50 am I mentioned I have been doing the practices from this book. And they are calling me insane to think that such a thing is a good idea. They said if I feed a demon all its gonna do is just hang around forever.. But the book is full of examples that the demon leaves you after a while or transforms into an Ally instead of a demon.
They obviously don't understand Chö then.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Tirisilex

Post by Tirisilex »

amanitamusc wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:13 am
Who are they?
It was at a Spiritual Forum. "They" are the people who responded at that forum.
Vasana

Post by Vasana »

Well that explains it. There are different kinds of spirituality and some may be ignorant, averse or just incompatible with the counter-intuitive teachings found in that book and in the teachings of Machig Labdron. It sounds like they are just reacting to the common notion that we should not feed our demons or address our hindrances with compassion but instead continue to demonize them. It's not a surprising position for anyone to have since these teachings are very uncommon, globally speaking.
'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
climb-up

Post by climb-up »

They don't know what they're talking about. As has been explained, they don't understand the entire concept, history and practice of chod and the metaphysics/worldview behind it.

If you were doing what they imagine your doing they would probably be right!

My wife had a very similar reaction when she saw "Feed Your Demons" on the nightstand next to my bed. It took some explaining and back and forth to get her to understand.
"Death's second name is 'omnipresent.' On the relative truth it seems we become separate. But on the absolute there is no separation." Lama Dawa
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

heart wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:32 am

/magnus
I bet they would shit themslves in fear if told about Tonglen practice.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

You can't discuss those topics with people who have no knowledge about Buddhist philosophy at all. They do not understand Bodhicitta and they think within the cathegories of "devine and devilish". So, discussing with them has the same effect as lying about Buddhist philosophy: people with no Buddhist background won't understand anything of it. They are not to blame, they simply can't.

And if you really practice demon feeding, you don't need to have such dicussions. You experience by yourself how those demons (or mental irritations) dissolve and get to peace due to this practice. No need to discuss it with people who do not know what they are talking about.
heart

Post by heart »

Grigoris wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:27 am
heart wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:32 am

/magnus
I bet they would shit themslves in fear if told about Tonglen practice.
:smile: no doubt.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

Return to “Chod”