how to make an urgent needs be met with Buddhism?

General discussion, particularly exploring the Dharma in the modern world.
[N.B. This is the forum that was called ‘Exploring Buddhism’. The new name simply describes it better.]
ShineeSeoul

Re: how to make an urgent needs be met with Buddhism?

Post by ShineeSeoul » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:14 am

How about Dzambala wealth mantra? can it help? if yes, then why many thought Tara will be better for my situation?

Thanks

Miroku

Post by Miroku » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:48 am

Aryjna wrote:
The story seems a bit weird, because i think that in order to see Manjushri that yogi should have had great merit in the first place :D
So much for my dream of being a writer. :D
Child, if you are not hypocritical and out of control, that is conduct.
~ Padampa Sangye

Lobsang Chojor

Post by Lobsang Chojor » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:51 am

ShineeSeoul wrote:How about Dzambala wealth mantra? can it help? if yes, then why many thought Tara will be better for my situation?

Thanks
I think Dzambala requires the lung at least, whereas Tara can be practiced without the lung so Tara is better for your situation.
ༀ་ཨ་ར་པ་ཙ་ན་དྷཱི༔ Oṃ A Ra Pa Ca Na Dhīḥ

"Morality does not become pure unless darkness is dispelled by the light of wisdom"
  • Aryasura, Paramitasamasa 6.5

Soma999

Post by Soma999 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:59 pm

One can chant mantra for wealth, of course. If you do, maybe do it strongly for a period, like 40 days. And stick to it no matter what. Tara is perfect of course.

Also, don't do it "only for you". May you and all those who need everywhere, may they be helped. The more you go from "me" to "us", the stronger it becomes.

Be content with small gains. Even if you find 20 cent in the street, take it and give a lot of thanks. Whatever comes in this way, feel gratitude. First there is few drops, then more and more...

Visualise also : see you having the door of all possibiliies opening in harmonious way. Have faith whatever you need, you will obtain in harmonious you. And during difficulties, see that as karma - not only yours - burning and being destroyed, say something like "through what i feel and live, may not only myself, but everyone be freed of there limitations and suffering". That is, you live the difficulty for others. If you have to live it, make it useful this way.

Don't hesitate also to learn what some interesting persons say on the subject of abudance, like Sanaya Roman and Duane Packer in their book "creating money". It contains a deep practical teaching on the subject.

Affirm also before going to sleep that things improve, that all solutions you need will appear. That you are being guided. Go to sleep on a positive note, even if it's not something big.

And that is for "energy work'. One should also do all the necessary actions in daily life. For exemple if one want to meet a partner, and never move from home, whatever the amount of mantras or energy work done, this person may wait quiet a long time.

Pray as if everything depends on God, and act as if everything depends on you.

ShineeSeoul

Post by ShineeSeoul » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:28 pm

Soma999 wrote:One can chant mantra for wealth, of course. If you do, maybe do it strongly for a period, like 40 days. And stick to it no matter what. Tara is perfect of course.

Also, don't do it "only for you". May you and all those who need everywhere, may they be helped. The more you go from "me" to "us", the stronger it becomes.

Be content with small gains. Even if you find 20 cent in the street, take it and give a lot of thanks. Whatever comes in this way, feel gratitude. First there is few drops, then more and more...

Visualise also : see you having the door of all possibiliies opening in harmonious way. Have faith whatever you need, you will obtain in harmonious you. And during difficulties, see that as karma - not only yours - burning and being destroyed, say something like "through what i feel and live, may not only myself, but everyone be freed of there limitations and suffering". That is, you live the difficulty for others. If you have to live it, make it useful this way.

Don't hesitate also to learn what some interesting persons say on the subject of abudance, like Sanaya Roman and Duane Packer in their book "creating money". It contains a deep practical teaching on the subject.

Affirm also before going to sleep that things improve, that all solutions you need will appear. That you are being guided. Go to sleep on a positive note, even if it's not something big.

And that is for "energy work'. One should also do all the necessary actions in daily life. For exemple if one want to meet a partner, and never move from home, whatever the amount of mantras or energy work done, this person may wait quiet a long time.

Pray as if everything depends on God, and act as if everything depends on you.
Thank you very much for your answer, it helped clear more things for me

should I stick to chant for Tara only 40 days?

ShineeSeoul

Post by ShineeSeoul » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:29 pm

Lobsang Chojor wrote:
ShineeSeoul wrote:How about Dzambala wealth mantra? can it help? if yes, then why many thought Tara will be better for my situation?

Thanks
I think Dzambala requires the lung at least, whereas Tara can be practiced without the lung so Tara is better for your situation.
:thanks:

jmlee369

Post by jmlee369 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:09 am

Thanks
Generally, wealth deity practice is helpful for Dharma purposes only. As for Tara, the benefits of reciting the Tara Praises are said to be as follows, see verses 5 and 6 in particular:
1 LHA-MO LA-GÜ YANG-DAG DÄN-PAI
Those endowed with perfect and pure respect for the Goddesses -
LO-DÄN GANG-GI RAB-DÄ JÖ-DE
The intelligent who recite these praises with the most supreme faith
SÖ-DANG TO-RANG LANG-PAR JÄ-NÄ
Both in the evening and upon waking at dawn -
DRÄN-PÄ MI-JIG TAM-CHÄ RAB-TER
Will have fearlessness bestowed on them by this remembrance.

2 DIG-PA TAM-CHÄ RAB-TU ZHI-WA
After being purified of all evils completely
NGÄN-DRO TAM-CHÄ JOM-PA NYI-TO
They will attain the destruction of all lower realms,
GYEL-WA JE-WA TRAK-DÜN NAM-KYI
And the seven million conquering Buddhas
NYUR-DU WONG-NI KUR-WAR GYUR-LA
Will quickly grant them every empowerment.

3 DI-LÄ CHE-WA NYI-NI TOB-CHING
Thus they will attain greatness and go forth
SANG-GYÄ GO-PANG TAR-TUK DER-DRO
To the ultimate state of supreme buddhahood.
DE-YI DUG-NI DRAG-PO CHEN-PO
As a result of all violent poisons -
TÄN-NÄ PA-AM ZHÄN-YANG DRO-WA
Whether abiding within or spreading to others -

4 ZÖ-PA DANG-NI TUNG-PA NYI-KANG
That they have eaten or drunk,
DRÄN-PÄ RAB-TU SEL-WA NYI-TOB
By this remembrance will be completely removed,
DÖN-DANG RIM-DANG DUG-GI ZIR-WAI
And they will eliminate completely affliction by spirits,
DUG-NGÄL TSOG-NI NAM-PAR PONG-TE
Epidemics, poisons and all various sufferings.

5 SEM-CHÄN ZHÄN-PA NAM-LA YANG-NGO
If for oneself or for the sake of all others,
NYI-SUM DÜN-DU NGÖN-PAR JÖ-NA
These praises are read two, three or seven times sincerely,
BU-DÖ PÄ-NI BU-TOB GYUR-CHING
Those wishing a son will attain a son
NOR-DÖ PÄ-NI NOR-NAM NYI-TOB
And those wishing wealth will attain this as well.

6 DÖ-PA TAM-CHÄ TOB-PAR GYUR-TE
Without obstruction all their wishes will be granted
GEG-NAM ME-CHING SO-SOR JOM-GYUR-CHIG
And every single hindrance will be destroyed as it arises.
source

So you may wish to supplement your mantra recitation with the Praise to the 21 Taras as well.

From the teachings of Lama Zopa Rinpoche:
There are also many temporal benefits from Tara practice, either reciting the Tara mantra or the Twenty-one Taras' prayer. Tara can solve many problems in your life: liberate you from untimely death; help you recover from disease; bring you success in business; help you to find a job; bring you wealth. When you have a really serious problem, such as a life-threatening disease, if you rely upon Tara, very commonly you will be freed from that problem; you will recover from that disease. If you eat poison, if you rely upon Tara, the poison will not harm you. By doing Tara prayers and mantras, couples with difficulty having a child can have a child—and whichever they want, a son or a daughter. These are very common experiences. Through Tara practice, you can obtain any happiness of this life that you wish.

If you recite the Twenty-one Taras' prayer once every evening, it is impossible—I can put my signature to this!—for you to die of starvation. It is also a very common experience for lay practitioners, monks and nuns with financial difficulties to have such problems relieved by doing Tara practice. In my personal experience, I have seen many instances of people who have prayed to and taken refuge in Tara and been saved from the danger of untimely death from disease without taking medicine.
source

tomschwarz

Post by tomschwarz » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:02 am

ShineeSeoul wrote:Hi everyone

I have been in this situation now for long time but things recently start getting tense

I have been studying for three years with little amount of money available due to my father wasting them with a scammer

but now my father threatened me to stop paying for my education due to the money issue and he is getting so bitter recently

I am fearing that my hard working of studying for three years will lost if he didn't pay

I have done study leave this semester, so I have time now till next January

luckily that my father own a land but its shared with his brothers and sisters, due to family issues among them, there is only one sister who oppose selling the land but its so urgent for me to do so to complete my study

so what Buddhism does advice for this wish to be fulfilled?

I have heard of Great Compassion Mantra to be good for fulfilling wish, but what is the best do you think that I should do?

Thanks
Dear Shinee, there is no hope for materialism, because you will loise everything in your death. There is a great American folk song that I learned as a child on the autoharp and used to play for my little sister who died at the age of 4 in a car accudent, called "Magic Penny" that song will get you riches, probably faster than a mantra. And if you learn it, and play it with your whole heart, it may help your dear father with that scammer.

Magic Penny
https://youtu.be/IclFQj4l3F0
i dedicate this post to your happiness, the causes of your happiness, the absence of your suffering the causes of the absence of your suffering that we may not have too much attachment nor aversion. SAMAYAMANUPALAYA

PuerAzaelis

Post by PuerAzaelis » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:15 am

That is a wonderful site thank you.
No place, no focus, no missing the point

ShineeSeoul

Post by ShineeSeoul » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:02 am

tomschwarz wrote:
ShineeSeoul wrote:Hi everyone

I have been in this situation now for long time but things recently start getting tense

I have been studying for three years with little amount of money available due to my father wasting them with a scammer

but now my father threatened me to stop paying for my education due to the money issue and he is getting so bitter recently

I am fearing that my hard working of studying for three years will lost if he didn't pay

I have done study leave this semester, so I have time now till next January

luckily that my father own a land but its shared with his brothers and sisters, due to family issues among them, there is only one sister who oppose selling the land but its so urgent for me to do so to complete my study

so what Buddhism does advice for this wish to be fulfilled?

I have heard of Great Compassion Mantra to be good for fulfilling wish, but what is the best do you think that I should do?

Thanks
Dear Shinee, there is no hope for materialism, because you will loise everything in your death. There is a great American folk song that I learned as a child on the autoharp and used to play for my little sister who died at the age of 4 in a car accudent, called "Magic Penny" that song will get you riches, probably faster than a mantra. And if you learn it, and play it with your whole heart, it may help your dear father with that scammer.

Magic Penny
https://youtu.be/IclFQj4l3F0

I see thanks, I am not into materialism but in my situation it is require money to finish my things, that is the system required us to do

ShineeSeoul

Post by ShineeSeoul » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:05 am

I have question

I have started doing Nembutsu before around two month, but I feel like I should stop for now and start focusing in Tara till my need is met

should I stop? I feel like Nembutsu is not helping me in this situation

Thanks

tiagolps

Post by tiagolps » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:45 pm

ShineeSeoul wrote:I have question

I have started doing Nembutsu before around two month, but I feel like I should stop for now and start focusing in Tara till my need is met

should I stop? I feel like Nembutsu is not helping me in this situation

Thanks
As long as you keep the aspiration to arise bodhicitta in the mind of all sentient beings, that's the important part.
Homage to you, blissful, virtuous and peaceful,
Enjoy the domain of the tranquil nirvana.
Fully possessing the om and the soha,
You overcome even the greatest of evils.

ShineeSeoul

Post by ShineeSeoul » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:41 pm

I'v Got today great dream which I interpret that as related to my problem to be solved

then I got great news regarding the process of getting my father land, which no body was expected, I think chanting Tara Mantra is working

Thanks very much to the great mother Tara :namaste: