Dealing with stress

General discussion, particularly exploring the Dharma in the modern world.
[N.B. This is the forum that was called ‘Exploring Buddhism’. The new name simply describes it better.]
Mirror

Dealing with stress

Post by Mirror » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:42 pm

Hello, I need your advice. Next wednesday I'm going to do the driving exam and because of that, I feel so stressed. Please, what shall I do with stress?

SunWuKong

Re: Dealing with stress

Post by SunWuKong » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:17 pm

Mirror wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:42 pm
Hello, I need your advice. Next wednesday I'm going to do the driving exam and because of that, I feel so stressed. Please, what shall I do with stress?
The best thing to do with stress is study harder. That's what all the extra energy from stress is for. The stress that is a problem type is the stress that is there for no actual reason and is non-stop 24 hours per day 7 days a week.
"We are magical animals that roam" ~ Roam

amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:49 pm

Mirror wrote:
We take things to seriously and build up tension.If you don't pass the test you can take it again.Remind yourself.

justsit

Post by justsit » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:06 pm

When feeling stress such as you mention, I've always found it helpful to take a walk or jog, as physical activity can lower adrenaline levels in the body. Get out of your head, as it were.

And as amanitamusic said, if you flunk, you can try again. The second time around is usually easier because you know what to expect.

Mirror

Post by Mirror » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:05 pm

amanitamusc wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:49 pm
Mirror wrote:
We take things to seriously and build up tension.If you don't pass the test you can take it again.Remind yourself.
You are right. After some time it won't matter.
Thank you all for your help, now I'm feeling much better :)

Return to “Dharma in Everyday Life”