Flow, mindfulness, nondual awareness

General discussion, particularly exploring the Dharma in the modern world.
[N.B. This is the forum that was called ‘Exploring Buddhism’. The new name simply describes it better.]
White Lotus

Re: Flow, mindfulness, nondual awareness

Post by White Lotus » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:22 pm

yes, feeling the keys! thank you Muni, you see im unenlightened. perhaps Rachmiel sees that she is Brahman! non dual awareness.
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.

White Lotus

Post by White Lotus » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:31 pm

in the gradual path brahman is close to enlightenment. focus on the keys you should do well Rachmiel. what else do you see?
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.

White Lotus

Post by White Lotus » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:33 pm

Muni :pig: ! understand?

dreambow

Post by dreambow » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:12 am

We are always aware but not necessarily in non dual awareness. I'm wary of all these labels. Drop thoughts, keep quiet and land nowhere.

muni

Post by muni » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:24 am

White Lotus wrote:Muni :pig: ! understand?
it doesn't pick and choose. As nothing to cling, no clinging, no 'clinger'.
Rachmiel wrote: Part of the challenge is to come to know, intuitively, which state is appropriate at the moment.
This is great, to recognize own dreams is said is starting to awaken. And then why not calling ordinary awareness Naturally Awareness? Since we know that "we" trying to realize or recognize is somehow dream itself. That "we" ( believed concept of independent ones) will never be free but is the dream obstacle to freedom/awakening. anyway, this "naturally" would not work neither, if there is some idea ABOUT ( ideas are by "we"). At least, by that naturally, maybe we wouldn't seek then so far away in the woods of fabricated fabrications or elswere? It is finally so exhausting since "I" fabricate by these fabrications, fabrications about these fabrications and compare with other fabrications.

When Enlightened Nature is available to guide out of the woods.............

Gratitude. _/\_
*Om Mani Peme Hung*

muni

Post by muni » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:35 am

Fabrications as cutting sword trough the fabricating are great fabrications. Starting to fabricate about the fabrications, we can easy be lost in dual dream again. The flow into that goes usually smoothly as there is no wall between dream and not.
Last edited by muni on Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Om Mani Peme Hung*

White Lotus

Post by White Lotus » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:36 am

its easier sometimes to say nothing. you cant keep two bulls in the same pen. :namaste:

White Lotus

Post by White Lotus » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:50 am

:applause: Muni, funny! i appreciate your teaching! good poison. thank you! the emptiness of all knowledge. pig x :smile:

White Lotus

Post by White Lotus » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:55 am

muni, please explain what you mean by fabrication.

muni

Post by muni » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:09 am

Its easier sometimes to say nothing.

Probably. When we can listen, silence is teaching all. But our mind learned to identify with movement what recognizes movements only. And so thinking/fabricating mind need another movement as pointing and then, was there been told, silence (by which all movements are not separate but are free) teaches all.

Teaching? Thank you for compassion. _/\_

On my tea lable here is written: a relaxed mind is a creative mind. Silence in which movement is free play? Buddha / non-dual nature, compassionately spoke/speaks, using creativity in order to help with a variety of medicines, as vast as our delusions.
*Om Mani Peme Hung*

White Lotus

Post by White Lotus » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:25 pm

yes, our delusions are beautiful, but painful. its hard to learn about unenlightenment. it has to be about un seeing.

White Lotus

Post by White Lotus » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:42 pm

i probably shouldnt talk too much about non dual awareness because i am un aware. :oops:

Rick

Post by Rick » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:57 pm

It seems to me that flow is focused non-dual awareness.

Let's say I play a solo piano piece in a concert. While I am playing, I am in flow. There is no sense of rachMiel/piano/keys/notes ... there is simply: music. There is tremendous focus in this, but no felt duality.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...

White Lotus

Post by White Lotus » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:57 pm

in the 1200's founder of Soto zen: Eihei Dogen studied what Keizan called the mysticism of south India. Advaita Vedanta? :namaste:

White Lotus

Post by White Lotus » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:17 pm

is Unenlightenment flow? both see without seeing, know without knowing, are unconcious and unaware yet effective.

Rick

Post by Rick » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:41 pm

White Lotus, what is the difference between enlightenment and unenlightenment? Is an unenlightened one enlightened to the truth that enlightenment is but an imaginary conceptual construct? Is unenlightenment like the second mountain in: First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is?

White Lotus

Post by White Lotus » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:12 pm

not a thing to grasp. emptiness. "this" tathata's gatha gone. no mind, no body, no nature. no mountain. no nothing/anything.

White Lotus

Post by White Lotus » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:23 pm

enlightenment is just "this". unenlightenment is empty. how could i know? i am unenlightened. not illusory. empty.

Rick

Post by Rick » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:46 pm

White Lotus

Post by White Lotus » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:24 pm

thats no one! (me!). good night Rachmiel and thank you. good questions. :thumbsup:

Return to “Dharma in Everyday Life”