I may be getting my old Lama back

General discussion, particularly exploring the Dharma in the modern world.
Tirisilex

I may be getting my old Lama back

Post by Tirisilex »

I left my Lama for a few reasons... The biggest one Was I didn't like the way he teaches. However, I decided to be more conversational with him and let him know when I feel as if more info is needed. He does hold an occasional question and answer section so I decided I'll utilize that more. He doesn't start teaching again until April. But I'll finally have a Lama again. Which makes me happy and now I will have guidance again.
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Re: I may be getting my old Lama back

Post by Schrödinger’s Yidam »

Sounds good. I hope whatever scenario is karmically most productive is played out.
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
jkarlins

Post by jkarlins »

Glad to hear it. It's good to talk this way, because we don't usually hear this kind of talk.

For good reasons, it tends to be mostly two extremes- totally positive (which is great), or condemnatory (which can also be useful).

My short experience with a teacher is that it's amazing, frustrating, scary, unpredictable, and it's work. The sort of middle part, the details, are interesting and good to talk about too.

Jake
Punya

Post by Punya »

Sounds like your mind is becoming more flexible. Congratulations!
We abide nowhere. We possess nothing.
~Chatral Rinpoche

Return to “Dharma in Everyday Life”