age of death in tibetan astrology

General discussion, particularly exploring the Dharma in the modern world.
pemachophel

age of death in tibetan astrology

Post by pemachophel »

can anyone say anything on the predicted age of death in a tibetan birth horoscope? is this a calculation of one's tshe (lie-span)? how accurate or predictive is this?
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
Malcolm

Re: age of death in tibetan astrology

Post by Malcolm »

pemachophel wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:58 pm can anyone say anything on the predicted age of death in a tibetan birth horoscope? is this a calculation of one's tshe (lie-span)? how accurate or predictive is this?
Are you talking about a life reading or a classic horoscope ala Jyotish, etc.?
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

I was wondering about that as well. I took a look at a few Tibetan astrology websites some time ago out of curiosity, though there do not seem to be more than 2 or 3, and I noticed that the time of death given seems to depend only on the mewa. This doesn't make much sense, as there is no way every single person born during several years in a row will die at the same age. Though maybe there were other important things missing from these online calculations.
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

i'm talking about a natal horoscope done at www.tibastro.be. one of the pieces of info was age at death. it had my bags packed and waiting for the ferryman. so wondering what degree of accuracy.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

pemachophel wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:44 pm i'm talking about a natal horoscope done at www.tibastro.be. one of the pieces of info was age at death. it had my bags packed and waiting for the ferryman. so wondering what degree of accuracy.
I don't know about their calculations, so it'd be wrong for me to offer some sort of conclusion, but I would perhaps hold the age given by a fully realized master of higher importance. But even then it's not necessarily set in stone. There's still the possibility to work with ones merit, ones capacity, and so on, and to utilize long life practices for example (of which there's a number of fantastic practices) and extend ones life.

Return to “Dharma in Everyday Life”