Buddhist wisdom in 3

General discussion, particularly exploring the Dharma in the modern world.
[N.B. This is the forum that was called ‘Exploring Buddhism’. The new name simply describes it better.]
tomschwarz

Buddhist wisdom in 3

Post by tomschwarz » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:38 pm

Hello friends,

In Buddhism practice there are three areas: ethics meditation and wisdom. About the wisdom...

So there is 1) endless complexity, all kinds of things, beautiful ugly peaceful aggressive liberation in the pore, and so on, a.k.a. the "relative truth "

Then 2) that can be considered the display of the ultìmate truth, the nature of all things, the truth of interconnection, composite nature, dependent origination and so on a.k.a "emptiness"

Then Buddhist wisdom cuts out of that all-encompising wisdom, a special case for the human mind where 3) there is an underlying desire and right to be happy, but that the human mind has suffering due to the three poisons, and declares that human mind dynamic (of suffering) has cause and cessation enter the 4 noble truths, 8 fold path and so on.

So the resolution of #1 and #2 with #3, is from my perspective, that generally speaking Buddhism finds that humans suffer when the mind fixates/tries to fix/points in #1, denying #2. So Buddhism tries to fix our suffering but also teaches that there is nothing to fix. E.g. try to achieve the path of seeing (change yourself) all things are empty, no increase and no decrease (dont change yourself).

Do you see Buddist wisdom this way? Do you see it in other contradictory ways?
i dedicate this post to your happiness, the causes of your happiness, the absence of your suffering the causes of the absence of your suffering that we may not have too much attachment nor aversion. SAMAYAMANUPALAYA

muni

Re: Buddhist wisdom in 3

Post by muni » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:42 am

Hello, and Guten Tag,

Confused perception need change, when no confusion, then no change is.
I could say Wisdom is the expression of selfless caring nature. But what sense that makes to just say so? I can say a lot senselessness, have plenty of those, they seems to be never ending...

*Wisdom is when Compassion is.*

The two truths, not being two. Since it is not an object a person knows, not something a person can say: “ voilà you see, so is it, now note it down.” Because it is not a conventional knowing 'about' absolute.

It is *..........* it is not. :alien: :meditate:

:namaste:
May all beings have happiness and the cause of happiness.
May they be free of suffering and the cause of suffering.
May they never be disassociated from the supreme happiness which is without suffering.
May they remain in the boundless equanimity, free from both attachment to close ones and rejection of others.

tomschwarz

Post by tomschwarz » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:19 pm

muni wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:42 am
Confused perception need change, when no confusion, then no change is.
Приветствую Вас мой друг!

Right, that is clear from the part of Buddhist wisdom that is very much like psychiatry, we seek to remove dissonant mental states in favor of stable happiness. That is #3 above. What has always interested me, and is the subject of this thread, is how that self-help stuff jibes with the greater ultimate truth and it's infinite display, the relative truth.

Could it be that the psychiatry (e.g. mirror over anger, sameness over pride, discernment over attachment, accomplishment iover envy, and the vastness of realities expanse over ignorance) is simply trying to get our minds to the point where we can relax and abide without attachment to self, existance and so on? So we can see the beauty and completeness of the two truths as they are and not be reborn?
i dedicate this post to your happiness, the causes of your happiness, the absence of your suffering the causes of the absence of your suffering that we may not have too much attachment nor aversion. SAMAYAMANUPALAYA

muni

Post by muni » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:52 am

tomschwarz wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:19 pm

Could it be that the psychiatry (e.g. mirror over anger, sameness over pride, discernment over attachment, accomplishment iover envy, and the vastness of realities expanse over ignorance) is simply trying to get our minds to the point where we can relax and abide without attachment to self, existance and so on? So we can see the beauty and completeness of the two truths as they are and not be reborn?
In some way, Buddhist guidance could be said somehow to be psychiatric guidance since misperception is perhaps a kind of temporary paranoia or confusion by which there is agitation (in different varieties=> karma-effects) and relax is not possible in movement. Since when there is a lot of agitation connected by fixations, it is impossible to relax or calm abiding is not possible, and so stillness 'is hidden'. And how then Vipasyana can be?
I think the most precious gift by dharma is to be able to relax for insight to ‘arise’.
May all beings have happiness and the cause of happiness.
May they be free of suffering and the cause of suffering.
May they never be disassociated from the supreme happiness which is without suffering.
May they remain in the boundless equanimity, free from both attachment to close ones and rejection of others.

tomschwarz

Post by tomschwarz » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:29 pm

muni wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:52 am

In some way, Buddhist guidance could be said somehow to be psychiatric guidance since misperception is perhaps a kind of temporary paranoia or confusion by which there is agitation (in different varieties=> karma-effects) and relax is not possible in movement. Since when there is a lot of agitation connected by fixations, it is impossible to relax or calm abiding is not possible, and so stillness 'is hidden'. And how then Vipasyana can be?
I think the most precious gift by dharma is to be able to relax for insight to ‘arise’.
Amen brother. I will dedicate an extra hr of meditation to release from mental agitation and paranoia. Very true, without Samatha, we can not get started.