Is Dharma practice a struggle for you?

General discussion, particularly exploring the Dharma in the modern world.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Re: Is Dharma practice a struggle for you?

Post by Grigoris »

Since I have encountered the term samaya, the term "struggle" has prevaded my active vocabulary.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Vasana

Post by Vasana »

Grigoris wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:14 am Since I have encountered the term samaya, the term "struggle" has prevaded my active vocabulary.
Yup!

Even without that, there's the value-action gap we surely all encounter from time to time. We all have core-values, principles and beliefs but our actions (or lack thereof) might not always reflect them. If that's not a struggle I don't know what is.
'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
weitsicht

Post by weitsicht »

Whoever clings to mind sees not the truth that lies beyond the mind.
Whoever strives to practise Dharma finds not the truth beyond the practise.
(...)
said Naropa

Samaya is a pervasive trial and error of candid endeavour for me, at times more or less lightly, but always quite seriously.
Ho! All the possible appearances and existences of samsara and nirvana have the same source, yet two paths and two results arise as the magical display of awareness and unawareness.
HO NANG SRI KHOR DAE THAMCHE KUN ZHI CHIG LAM NYI DRAE BU NYI RIG DANG MA RIG CHOM THRUL TE

Return to “Dharma in Everyday Life”