Bön Sarma

Discussion of the fifth religious tradition of Tibet.
kalden yungdrung

Re: Bön Sarma

Post by kalden yungdrung »

Sanggye Lingpa (1705-1735): with a strong mixture of Yungdrung Bön and Buddhist elements found in the symbols and surrounding deities.
1340-1396 - Sangye Lingpa, tertön

A reincarnation of the 2nd son of King Trisong Deutsen; a major tertön and revealer of the Lama Gongdü cycle in 13 volumes.

Sangye Lingpa means 'Sanctuary of Awakening.'

viewtopic.php?f=78&t=27355
The best meditation is no meditation
kalden yungdrung

IN ADDITION:

According to some Bönpo historians, New Bön goes back to the time of Drenpa Namkha and Vairocana (8th century) who elaborated a system based on earlier Bön texts and newly introduced Buddhist works. However, the result is said to have displeased the king Trisong Detsen who ordered the texts of this new system to be hidden as Treasures (termas).

Later in the 14th century, Tulku Loden Nyingpo (b. 1360) discovered some of these texts and can be considered as the historical founder of New Bön.

His next incarnation was Mishik Dorje (b. 1650?) who also played a key-role in the diffusion of some newly discovered New Bön texts.

The 3rd Loden incarnation was Sangye Lingpa Changchub Dorje Tsel (1705-1735) who diffused his own terma revelations of New Bön texts to an even greater extent. His main disciple was the 1st Kündröl Drakpa (b. 1700) who is considered as one of the main tulkus of New Bön.

Later, figures such as Welbar Taklagchen (Ratrül Tenzin Wangyel), Dechen Lingpa (1833-1893) and Sang-ngak Lingpa (b. 1864) have been considered as some of the greatest proponents of New Bön in recent times.

It should be noted that, despite the sometimes emphatic presence of Padmasambhava in the proto-history of the New Bön texts (he plays for example no role at all in Dechen Lingpa's revelations), it is a mistake to consider New Bön as a mixture of Bön and Nyingma or Kagyü works.

The New Bön texts are perfectly Bön works (they are not used by Nyingmas for instance, despite the presence of some of these works in the Rinchen Terdzö collection), used in Bön context and they have often lineage holders who are otherwise well-known figures of Eternal Bön.
kalden yungdrung

bbobkowski wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:22 am thank you for this post. According to bon sarma - there is image with Guru Rinpoche holding yungdrung as well as the company of Drenpa Namkha & Tsewa Rigdzin, have you seen? or is it anywhere available?
Tashi delek b,

Guess you mean this photo:
The 4th one on this page. Some call them the 3 immortals.

viewtopic.php?f=78&t=4254
kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek,

H.E. the 7th Kundrol Rinpoche and Geshela Sönam Gurung from Tashi Menri Monastery, lead a group of retreatants in the first of 12 prayers from the text Precious Chariot of the 3 Trainings: Preliminary Prayer which is written by the great Bön master Shardza Tashi Gyaltsen [1859-1934].

kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek,

Got from a devoted follower of H.E. the 7th Kundrol Rinpoche, who likes to be anonymous, a short personal biography written by H.E. the 7th Kundrol Rinpoche .

Mutsuk Marro
KY.

===============
'
H.E. the 7th Kundrol Rinpoche - 025.jpg
H.E. the 7th Kundrol Rinpoche - 025.jpg (57.18 KiB) Viewed 3722 times

by H.E. the 7th Kundrol Rinpoche

Firstly in the holy place of india,
From a gracious mother I found my body,
Flooded with love ,slept in the middle of treasures,
Months and years of childhood passed swiftly.

A time period where scarcity of food is like gold,
Sorrow of starvation lead us all to sweat endlessly,
Even if the heavenly sky is filled with cloud but no rain,
Farms are crowded with flowers but no grains.

In the months and years of grains scarcity,
Overcoming all the hardship, they brought me up,
Thoroughly memorising all moments , how grateful they are,
Gratitude of sweetness and sourness provides me immense pleasure,

The moment when I was well behaving,
Admitted me to study in monastery in India,
All the thirty alphabets are new to my soul,
Gradually I was thorough with a teachings and books.

Bad news of fathers death was overheard,
For a while , I thought I was hearing wrong,
The moment I was convinced by the truth ,
It was unbearable for my small heart.

Each time when your boundless love was remembered,
Heart ache with millions of sorrows,
You stays deep within my bone marrows,
You sleeps in my blood and fleshes.

Not only about repaying gratitude,
Not only about returning back the kindness,
The moment I knew the real meaning of gratitude,
Since than I wanted to repay your gratitude wholeheartedly.

When I reached age of 22, my great father,
His impermanent soul was taken away by death,
I cried with blood not tears,
I cried from very bottom of my heart.

A glimpse of great father,
Father who had volunteered to overcome every hardships,
You could easily put your life for me,
More I think , more I see his gratefulness.

Subsequently i joined man re monastery,
I learned preliminary nine lakh commands and scriptures,
Gradually conceived control practices and meditation.
Eventually I accomplished with great perfection.

Finally I followed my path in front of me,
Forward and forward I moved to get the great jewels ,
Red core of all the jewels to my father,
Gradually , with immense love I tried to repay his gratitude,

I called my father's name tsewang dhundup,
All the sentient being in the state of sorrow and starvation,
The one who read these phrases,
Mainly please do the good virtues.
kalden yungdrung

kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek,

H.E. Kundrol Chime Lingpa Rinpoche Mongyal, is Lhasa Rinpoche ‘s Son and is regarded as an incarnation of Sangnag Lingpa

==================
Kundrol Chime Lingpa Rinpoche - 01.jpg
Kundrol Chime Lingpa Rinpoche - 01.jpg (120.76 KiB) Viewed 3712 times
kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek,

Here the whole Bön Sarma family together. A very rare photo and i must thank the owner of this photo very much for the contribution. The owner wants to be anonymous in so far.
Bön Sarma Family - 00.jpg
Bön Sarma Family - 00.jpg (116.01 KiB) Viewed 3709 times
From the left to the right:

H.E. the 7th Kundrol Rinpoche / H.E. Mongyal Lhasa Rinpoche (Son of the 6th Kundrol Rinpoche) /
H.E. Kundrol Chime Lingpa Rinpoche / daughter of H.E. Mongyal Lhasa Rinpoche Rinzin Wangmo /
The last person is probably the mother of H.E. Kundrol Chime Lingpa Rinpoche.
kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek

This is New Guru Rinpoche Lha Kang, at Za Mongyal Yungdrung Ling.
In Tibet Kham area , 350 Km from Chengdu , in Sichuan.
Guru Rinpoche Lha Kang - 01.jpg
Guru Rinpoche Lha Kang - 01.jpg (190.96 KiB) Viewed 3688 times
kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek,

This is tempel No Za nyiwang Monastery, Kham area , 350 Km from Chengdu , in Sichuan.
Sister Monastery of Za Mongyal Monastery.
No Za Nyiwang monastery - 00.jpg
No Za Nyiwang monastery - 00.jpg (85.88 KiB) Viewed 3684 times
kalden yungdrung

H.E. 7 th Kundrol Rinpoche and H.E.Minling Khenchen Rinpoche - 00.jpg
H.E. 7 th Kundrol Rinpoche and H.E.Minling Khenchen Rinpoche - 00.jpg (40.08 KiB) Viewed 3659 times

H.E. 7 th Kundrol Rinpoche and H.E.Minling Khenchen Rinpoche were classmates at Mindrolling Monastery for sometime. :twothumbsup:

See also Dolpo Tulku who is very good befriended with the Menri Lopon Trinley Nyima Rinpoche.
viewtopic.php?t=22055
In Dolpo,many Bönpos are married with Nyingmapas and vice versa
kalden yungdrung

H.E. Mongyal Lhasa Rinpoche (Son of the 6th Kundrol Rinpoche) and his son. - 03.jpg
H.E. Mongyal Lhasa Rinpoche (Son of the 6th Kundrol Rinpoche) and his son. - 03.jpg (180.05 KiB) Viewed 3626 times

Before his imprisonment, H.E. Mongyal Lhasa Rinpoche , received many transmissions and empowerments from many non-sectarian great masters of Tibet both in the Bön and Nyingma traditions. These masters except one have already passed away.

He said before he got imprisoned, there was a way for him to leave Tibet. But he didn't want to do it. As his father passed away two years before, he couldn't leave his monastery and his people. 21 years in prison is not a short time. Thinking about Rinpoche's experiences and the suffering he went through, I got encouraged and inspired to do the best I can for the Stupa and other dharma activities. The hardship I have experienced is just tiny and insignificant.

Among H.E. Mongyal Lhasa Rinpoche teachers include:

BÖN TRADITION:

]1. Kundrol Dragpa Hungchen Drotu Lingpa Rinpoche. He was Mongyal Lhasa Rinpoche´s father and root guru. Hungchen Rinpoche was one of Rainbow Body Achiever and Shardza Tashi Gyaltsen Rinpoche's main students. Hence, H.E. Mongyal Lhasa Rinpoche often said that Shardza Rinpoche was his root guru too. Rinpoche is a holder of Hungchen Rinpoche lineage which belongs to the New Bon tradition. In this tradition Guru Rinpoche and his family consisting of his father Drenpa Namkha and his elder brother Tsewang Rigzin from Zhang Zhung are regarded as the most important deities. There's a saying: Sangje kyi thugkyi tempe nyerbon chempo meaning "(Both father and sons are) the owners of the teaching derived from the Buddha's mind".

There's a prediction that Hungchen Rinpoche was tulku or reincarnation of Drenpa Namkha. His lineage came from Kundrol Dragpa who is derived directly from Buddha Tempa Sherab.

2. Thutop Namgyal Rinpoche (still alive). He taught Rinpoche to recite Tibetan texts when Rinpoche was 11 years old. Presently, Thutop Rinpoche is representative of Shadza Rinpoche at Shadza Hermitage. He's 80 some years old.

3. Lodro Gyatso Rinpoche (another main teacher). He was Shadza Rinpoche's former representative. He taught Tibtan to Rinpoche as well as led him on ngondro practice. He gave Rinpoche the teaching of Shadza Rinpoche's scriptures, the Yidam Sekha Chognga, Magyud, and Athrid as well as the teaching of the Thab drug "Six Liberation Ways" such as tunmo or inner heat practice, dream practice, bardo practice, phowa or transference of consciousness practice, illusory body practice and clear light practice. He also taught Rinpoche on Dzogchen, namely Zhang Zhung Nyangyud, Yangtse Longchen, Dragpa Kor Sum, Manngag Kunzang Nyingthig. He also taught Rinpoche on Rigzin and Kandro Sadhanas as well as various sadhanas on outer, inner and innermost practices. Among these practices the special ones include inner yoga and Kandro Sangdzod's Oser dark retreat. After the teachings, Rinpoche stayed in a dark retreat and many auspicious signs happened.

4. Geshe Tshutrim Wanggyal Rinpoche. He gave Rinpoche transmissions on the Bonpo tripitaka scriptures and commentaries. In particular, he gave Rinpoche transmissions, empowerments, and teachings on Dechen Lingpa's scriptures of around 100 volumes, Rigzin Kundrol Rimchon's scriptures and terma texts as well as the complete Kundrol lineage teaching. He also gave Rinpoche transmissions, empowerments and teachings on the Tantra of Six Wrathful Deities Chipung Drowo Gyud Drug, the Tantra of Three Buddhas, and the teachings of Athrid, Dzogchen, and Nyangyud.

For 5 to 10 below, I'll write about their teachings tomorrow.

5. Shungsray Yundrung Dudul Rinpoche.

6. Drangsong Senge Nyima Rinpoche.

7. Lathri Gyalwa Yungdrung Rinpoche.

8. Dratrul Drimed Oser Rinpoche.

9. Drotrul Rangzhin Thogmed Rinpoche.

10. Jangtrul Khewang Rinpoche

NYINGMA TRADITION:

11. Shezhen Kongtrul Yonten Gyatso Rinpoche. He gave Rinpoche oral transmissions, empowerments and gave instructions on Ju Mipham Rinpoche's sungbum (scriptures), Longchen Nyingthig, and the teachings by Jigme Lingpa, Tetak Lingpa, Pema Lingpa, Karma Lingpa and Chogjur Lingpa.

12. Shezhen Rabchampa Rinpoche. He taught Rinpoche on the Rinchen Terdzod, important scriptures which include all the practices in the Nyingma tradition.

13. Shezhen Khenpo Gangshar Rinpoche, Lodro Rabsal Rinpoche, and Bodtrul Rinpoche. They gave Rinpoche transmissions, empowerments and teachings on the texts Chojug and Khajug, as well as Guru Rinpoche sadhana.

14. Tshophu Dolo Rinpoche. He gave Rinpoche a transmission, empowerment and teaching on the Longchen Nyingthig.

15. Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche. He gave Rinpoche a transmission, empowerment and teaching on Guru Rinpoche sadhana.

We are so fortunate to have Rinpoche with us in Thailand. Trusting in him, we will receive blessings from all of his teachers.
Posted by Krisadawan Hongladarom at 1:56 PM
received many transmissions and empowerments from many non-sectarian great masters of Tibet both in the Bon and Nyingma traditions. These masters except one have already passed away.

He said before he got imprisoned, there was a way for him to leave Tibet. But he didn't want to do it. As his father passed away two years before, he couldn't leave his monastery and his people. 21 years in prison is not a short time. Thinking about Rinpoche's experiences and the suffering he went through, I got encouraged and inspired to do the best I can for the Stupa and other dharma activities. The hardship I have experienced is just tiny and insignificant.

Posted by Krisadawan Hongladarom at 1:56 PM
viewtopic.php?f=78&t=26138
kalden yungdrung

Za Mongyal Yungdrung Yungdrung Ling Monastery:

kalden yungdrung

H.H. Kundrol Drakpa Rinpoche - 016.jpg
H.H. Kundrol Drakpa Rinpoche - 016.jpg (74.91 KiB) Viewed 3341 times

According Jean Huang,

Have unofficial translation as follows:

Bön and Nyingma both the heart of Dharma.
Kagyu is such as the eyes of the Dharma.
Gelug is such as ornaments of the Dharma.
Therefore I don’t have any Partiality.

H.H. Kundrol Darkpa Rinpoche is non - sectarian, because he was follower of Bön Sarma, but had no function / role for Sakya in his poem , very remarkable.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

kalden yungdrung wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:00 pm H.H. Kundrol Drakpa Rinpoche - 016.jpg

According Jean Huang,

Have unofficial translation as follows:

Bön and Nyingma both the heart of Dharma.
Kagyu is such as the eyes of the Dharma.
Gelug is such as ornaments of the Dharma.
Therefore I don’t have any Partiality.

H.H. Kundrol Darkpa Rinpoche is non - sectarian, because he was follower of Bön Sarma, but had no function / role for Sakya in his poem , very remarkable.

Fault of the translator:

The teaching of Nyingma and Bon are the life of the doctrine,
The mind, the all-creating king, is totally independent.
The Drukpa Kagyu Dharma is the eye of the doctrine,
which, in general, guide ignorance sentient beings.
The Glorious Sakyapa and Gelugs are the ornaments of the doctrine,
transforming the appearance of sentient beings whose minds know nothing.
Therefore, there is freedom from bias about schools.
kalden yungdrung

By Jean:
7th Kundrol Rinpoche in Thailand - 024.jpg
7th Kundrol Rinpoche in Thailand - 024.jpg (99.57 KiB) Viewed 3161 times

First Terchen Kundrol Jatson Nyingpo

第一世 根株仁波切,也是根株傳承創始人

Kundrol Jatson Nyingpo was born in the iron (male) -Dragon year of the Tibetan calendar, 1700 A.D.
He became a revealer of hidden treasure after he accomplished and mastered the tenets of the lineage, a top scholar among many accomplished masters.

He revealed many hidden treasures in all the 3 providences of Tibet.
Especially in the holy pilgrim sites in eastern Gyalmorong. In doing so he showed a reign of Bön teachings in the 18 counties of Gyalmorong and planted the seeds of great enlightenment.

Among the myriad precious images,holy painting and numerous immeasurable precious statues that he built, the greatest is Gaden Dhargyal Ling or popularly known as Mongyal Gon, in front of holy eastern Za Chugmo Palri. This was built according to the vision of deities of hidden treasures and protective deities in 1733, Wood - Hog year of the traditional Tibetan calendar.

Ever since the establishment of Mongyal Gon, the successive lineage has continuously kept the wheel of Mindol teaching turning.

This picture of Kundrol Tulku and statue of 1 st Kundrol Rinpoche was took at May 2016 in Kundrol Ling , Thailand. :thumbsup:
kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek,

The 6th Kundrol Dragpa Rinpoche (Humchen Drodul Lingpa Rinpoche ) made this monk Robe before, he said he would like to be a monk next life.

This picture showed His Eminence 7th Kundrol Namkha Thinkey Wangyal Rinpoche wears that Monk Robe.
Attachments
7th Kundrol Namkha Thinkey Wangyal Rinpoche - 019.jpg
7th Kundrol Namkha Thinkey Wangyal Rinpoche - 019.jpg (100.2 KiB) Viewed 3100 times
kalden yungdrung

By: Yeshe Rabphel Ritrö

Tulku Khandro Khachö Wangmo  - 02.jpg
Tulku Khandro Khachö Wangmo - 02.jpg (25.98 KiB) Viewed 3093 times

མཚོ་འཕུ་རྡོར་ལོ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ།།
Tsophu Dorlo Rinpoche
(mtsho 'phu rdor lo rin po che, 1930-2004)

Gorgeous foto of Tsophu Dorlo Rinpoche his daughter Tulku Khandro Khachö Wangmo (sprul sku mkha' 'gro mkha’ dpyod dbang mo sprul sku, born 1988).

Tsophu Dorlo Rinpoche (mtsho 'phu rdor lo rin po che, 1930-2004) was born in the 1930 in Kham Minyak, Tibet, near the stronghold of the great Bodhisattva Tangtong Gyalpo. Sometimes it is said that he is if Han Chinese origin. Tsophu Dorlo Rinpoche was known for his mastery over Dzogchen meditation and especially for his realization of Tsalung (rtsa rlung), the secreat inner practices related to the subtle channels, vital energies and vital essences (rtsa rlung thig le gsum/nadi prana-vayu bindu-kundalini).

Thus, he was a accomplished yogic practitioner or naldjorpa (rnal 'byor pa/yogin), a mantric practitioner or Ngagpa (sngagspa/mantrin) of the Nyingmapa tradition, as well as a Dzogchenpa (rdzogs chen pa). Moreover, he was respected the tulku (sprul sku) of both the great 18th century treasure finder Tertön Kundrol Dragpa Rigdzin Jatsön Nyingpo (gter ston kun grol brag pa 'ja' tshon snying po, 1700-1770) and Trözer Gyalse Dorje Düddul ('phros zer do rje rgyal sras, d.u.), who was a famed "goer-and-returner" or delog from the early 20th century.

After practicing in solitary retreat in a cave, Trözer Gyalse Dorje Düddul passed away in a process of seven days where he traversed the bardo states and all the six realms, practicing meditation and working for the benefit of beings suffering there before coming back to life.
Dorlo Rinpoche studied at Gathok University in Kham, one of the centers of the Nyingmapa, where over a hundred thousand yogis attained rainbow body. When he was young, Dorlo Rinpoche received innumerable teachings according to Nyingma tradition, especially Tsalung practices such as the practice of inner heat and pleasurable sensations or Tummo (gtum mo) and sexual practices or Jorwa (sbyor ba) and Dzogchen Trekchod (khregs chod) and Thögal (thod rgal). He remained for many years practicing in solitary retreat.

After Tibet's tragic events in 1959, he was has been imprisoned. After his release, he practiced as a wandering yogic practitioner. Later he established a retreat place in Nyarong (nyag ron), South Eastern Tibet, and married two times. His first wife was Khandro Khachö Wangmo (mkha' 'gro mkha’ spyod dbang mo, 1940-1987), who was considered to be an incarnation of Khandro Dechen Wangmo ( mkha' 'gro bde chen dBang mo, 1868-1927), spiritual friend and consort of Sangngag Lingpa (gsang sngags lging pa's). She died while on pilgrimage in central Tibet in 1987. The second wife of Tsophu Dorlo Rinpoche was a relative of Tsophu Dorlo’s first wife. About a year after her death, a baby was born to Tsophu Dorlo Rinpoche and his second wife, and Tsophu Dorlo Rinpoche identified the child as the reincarnation or Tulku (sprul sku) of Khandro Khachö Wangmo (mkha' 'gro mkha’ dpyod dbang mo sprul sku, born 1988). She too became a well-known female Master.

Thus Dorlo Rinpoche was considered to be the highest authority for Tsalung practices in all of Tibet until his recent passing in 2004. He had many disciples such as Tsara Dharmakirti Rinpoche, Anyen Rinpoche and the well-known Dakini Khandro Chöchen (mkha‘ gro chos sspyan, b. 1961), now living in Dharamsala.
kalden yungdrung

With many thanks to Jean Huang a devored follower of H.E. the 7th Kundrol Rinpoche

Za Tro Tshang Gon Monastery - 01.jpg
Za Tro Tshang Gon Monastery - 01.jpg (136.76 KiB) Viewed 3071 times

Rigzin Chimea Lingpa Rinpoche and his sister Rigzin Wangmo visited Za Tro Tshang Gon Monastery in Tibet ( sister Monastery of Za Mongyal Yungdrung Ling) on July 21 2017.
kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek ,

With many thanks to Jean Huang. :twothumbsup:

Here we can watch the 179 volumes of Shang Shung ( Bön ) Kanjur which were edited and persevered, by the incomparable Kundrol Lineage.
They were collected also here by the Abbot of the Tsedrug Monastery in Kham / eastern Tibet.

Here some brief explanations / translations from Jean Huang regarding the interview with H.E. the Tsedrug abbot:

He ( H.E. the Tsedrug Abbot) is in charge of the project to translate the Bon Konjur 179 volumes to Chinese , he said it will takes about 10 years to finish . It will be for all the peoples to understand the original Tibetant cultures and know about how is it ...
The project is funded by China governament

Return to “Bön”