The Hundred-Syllable Mantra

Discussion of the fifth religious tradition of Tibet.
Lhasa

Re: The Hundred-Syllable Mantra

Post by Lhasa » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:34 pm

kalden yungdrung wrote:
Lhasa wrote:
Lung Tha wrote:
Hi L, :namaste:

I know that Dzogchen has some preliminaries, which are not the same as Ngöndro, they are called Korden Rushan.
Maybe it is this what you meant ?

Mutsuk Marro
KY
In 2013 His Holiness gave a live-stream transmission of the three Dzogchen streams in Bon and lineage Masters. We were told this was ngondro and we could begin practicing any of these. This is what I'm referring to. I didn't know there were other ngondros. Trying to practice just from online sources can feel like this :toilet: sometimes. Thanks for always being respectful in your posts. :namaste:

kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:55 pm

Lhasa wrote:
kalden yungdrung wrote:
Lhasa wrote:

I know that Dzogchen has some preliminaries, which are not the same as Ngöndro, they are called Korden Rushan.

Mutsuk Marro
KY
In 2013 His Holiness gave a live-stream transmission of the three Dzogchen streams in Bon and lineage Masters. We were told this was ngondro and we could begin practicing any of these. This is what I'm referring to. I didn't know there were other ngondros. Trying to practice just from online sources can feel like this :toilet: sometimes. Thanks for always being respectful in your posts. :namaste:

Hi L,

Can you tell me more about these 3 Dzogchen streams and the related Ngöndro for these 3 Dzogchen cycles of teachings ?
Who told you this was Bön Dzogchen Ngöndro ?

I find this very interesting.

Have a nice day

KY.
The best meditation is no meditation

Lhasa

Post by Lhasa » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:23 pm

kalden yungdrung wrote:
Lhasa wrote:
kalden yungdrung wrote:

Mutsuk Marro
KY

Hi L,

Can you tell me more about these 3 Dzogchen streams and the related Ngöndro for these 3 Dzogchen cycles of teachings ?
Who told you this was Bön Dzogchen Ngöndro ?

I find this very interesting.

Have a nice day

KY.
If you look on TWR's facebook page posts for 2013, you'll find the quote below.

"For those who participated in the recent webcasts with H.H. Lungtok Tenpai Nyima Rinpoche and Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche (broadcast live from our recent Summer Retreat at Serenity Ridge), here are details of the transmissions conveyed by His Holiness, spiritual head of the Tibetan Bön tradition:2013

July 6, Saturday: Praise and Mantra of Sherap Chamma—Wisdom Loving Mother

And the three streams of Bön dzogchen:

July 8, Monday: A-Tri [A-Khrid] Ngondro recitation and mantra transmission, plus Zhang Zhung Ngöndro recitation and mantra transmission.

July 9, Tuesday: Bön Dzogchen (Drakpa Khorsum) Ngöndro recitation and mantra transmission.

there are some books and a video available from Ligmincha that provide comprehensive information about three of these practices.

For the A-Tri Ngondro practice (July 8 transmission) you might consult: "The Stages of A-Khrid Meditation," http://ligminchastore.org/.../dzogchen/ ... khrid.html

A helpful book on the Zhang Zhung Ngondro is "Opening the Door to Bon" by Nyima Dakpa Rinpoche, http://ligminchastore.org/.../exp.../bk ... orbon.html

Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche also writes in depth about Zhang Zhung (experiential transmission) dzogchen in "Wonders of the Natural Mind," http://ligminchastore.org/.../tenzin-wa ... npoche-480...

The video mentioned is Sherab Chamma practice on youtube.
No text was given for the Bon Dzogchen.

Pero

Post by Pero » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:41 pm

mutsuk wrote:
Malcolm wrote:No, definitely not.
Quoting the TOS :
"One account per person - failure to comply may result in a permanent ban."

https://dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=24547
I think Malcolm was referring to the first part, that Lung Tha is not KY.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar

kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:57 am

Pero wrote:
mutsuk wrote:
Malcolm wrote:No, definitely not.
Quoting the TOS :
"One account per person - failure to comply may result in a permanent ban."

https://dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=24547
I think Malcolm was referring to the first part, that Lung Tha is not KY.
That sounds very logic. :o
The Administrator + Lung Tha can verify this easy.
The rest is speculation/assumptions and shooting the bird down. :mrgreen:
The best meditation is no meditation

Lung Tha

Post by Lung Tha » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:49 pm

kalden yungdrung wrote:
mutsuk wrote:BTW Lung tha and Kalden Yungdrung are one and the same person, right ? I thought having two accounts was prohibited and against the rules...
Non sense, you are wrong it is not.

Return to “Bön”