Dmitry Ermakov

Discussion of the fifth religious tradition of Tibet.
kalden yungdrung

Dmitry Ermakov

Post by kalden yungdrung » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:40 pm

Tashi delek,

Dmitry Ermakov and his wife Carol are since 1995 attending the teachings of Lopon La and busy with making transcripts from the teachings of the Yongdzin Rinpoche in Europe. Also John Reynolds is present at those teachings of Lopon La. Both do a good job and their work is very precious.

Both John and Dmitry are connected to Shenten Dargye Ling in France, the main Dharma Centre of Lopon Tenzin Namdak La in Europe.
I like their work very much and would recommend that. :applause:

---------------
The Yongdzin Rinpoche & Dmitry Ermakov - 019.jpg
The Yongdzin Rinpoche & Dmitry Ermakov - 019.jpg (213.04 KiB) Viewed 854 times
Biography of Dmitry Ermakov:

DMITRY ERMAKOV was born in 1967 in Leningrad, Soviet Union, and trained as a classical musician from the age of six. He was raised in a highly cultural environment, attending after-school classes on ancient history, mythology and art history at the prestigious Hermitage Museum. During his summer holidays he often participated in archaeological digs led by his aunt, the former Head of Archaeology at Kiev University.

In 1987 Dmitry joined the University of Leningrad's expedition to Khakassia near the Tuvan (Tyvan) border to excavate Scythian Kurgans. This was his first trip to Siberia.

His interest in Buddhism began in his childhood, with a book called Gods of the Lotus by Parfionov. The book details the author's trip to the Himalayas and it opened up a whole new world of deities and religions. Later, this interest was combined with martial arts based on Taoism and Zen philosophy, and Qi Gong, disciplines which were strictly forbidden in the Soviet Union.

It was only with the coming of Perestroika in 1989 that Dmitry was able to meet Buddhist masters: receiving a blessing for the Lotus Sutra from a Japanese Zen master; and then teachings and initiations from a Tibetan Buddhist lamas: Bakula Rinpoche (1989), Khenchen Palden Sherab and Khenpo Tsewang Dongyal Rinpoches (1991), Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche (1992).

In 1993 Dmitry moved to the UK and in 1995 he met the great Bönpo master Yongdzin Lopon Tenzin Namdak Rinpoche. He has been practising Yungdrung Bon and attending Yongdzin Rinpoche's teachings ever since.

Dmitry first visited Buryatia in 1990 where he struck up a deep friendship with the Buddhist thangka-painter Batodalai Doogarov as well as with a several of the local bo and utgan shamans.

Welcomed into their circle, Dmitry was able to gain unique insight into the Buryatian spiritual tradition of Bo Murgel, insight which developed into a detailed study of the similarities and differences between this ancient tradition and Yungdrung Bon. With the patient help of Yongdzin Rinpoche, Dmitry spent years researching a large anthology, Bo and Bon: Ancient Shamanic Traditions of Siberia and Tibet in their Relation to the Teachings of a Central Asian Buddha, (2008), which sheds new light on both traditions.

Dmitry went on to study Tibetan at Oxford University with Prof. Charles Ramble (2009-2010) and, as well as having articles published in both English and Russian, has been invited to lecture in Oxford, London, St. Petersburg, Vilnius, Cagliari, Budapest etc. His knowledge of Tibetan brings a new level of scholarship to the books and transcripts he and his wife Carol produce for the international Bonpo sangha.

Dmitry currently lives in the North Pennines, UK, where he works as a freelance translator. Alongside his work for the Bon tradition, he is currently composing pieces for a new fusion album.

List of transcripts currently available to European Bönpo Sangha:

Dzogchen Texts
Nyamzhag Gompa'i Laglen; Paris, 1999
Kusum Rangshar; Paris, 1999
Without Actions, Without Traces, from Zhang Zhung Nyengyud [rDzogs pa chen po zhang zhung snyan rgyud las bya bral zhugs so]; France, 1999
Gyalwa Chagtri, vol I; Blanc, 2001
Nyamgyud, Chyaru; vol II ; Blanc, 2001
Nyamgyud, vol I ; Blanc, 2001
Nyamgyud, vol II; Blanc, 2001
Tri Yeshe Lama, Excerpt from Rigdzin Dupa; Blanc, 2001
Dringpo Sorzhag, vol I; Blanc, 2002
Dringpo Sorzhag, vol II; Vimoutiers, 2003
Dringpo Sorzhag; vol III; Vimoutiers, 2004
Namkha Trüldzö vol I; Vimoutiers, 2004
Namkha Trüldzö vol II; Shenten, 2005
Namkha Trüldzö vol III; Shenten, 2006
Namkha Trüldzö vol IV; Shenten, 2007
The Seven Mirrors of Dzogchen (YLTNR and KTY); Shenten, 2005
The Seven Mirrors of Dzogchen ch. 1-4 (YLTNR); Germany, 2011
Teachings on Correcting Faults [excerpt from Magyud]; Shenten, 2005
Gyalwa Chagtri, chapter II; Shenten, 2007
Gyalwa Chagtri, chapter III; Shenten, 2008
Gyalwa Chagtri, chapter IV; Shenten, 2009
Gyalwa Chagtri, chapter V; Shenten, 2011
Yetri Thasel vol I; Pauenhof, Germany, 2007
Yetri Thasel vol II; Pauenhof, Germany, 2008
Yetri Thasel: Mogyud; Pauenhof, Germany, 2009
Yangtse Longchen vol I; Shenten, 2008
Yangtse Longchen vol II; Shenten, 2009
Yangtse Longchen vol III; Shenten, 2009
Zhang Zhung Nyengyud [vol I]; Shenten, 2010
Zhang Zhung Nyengyud [vol II]; Shenten, 2011

Practice Texts
Teachings on the Loving Goddess Jamma [instructions and practice]; Paris, 2001
The Healing Practice of Sidpai Gyalmo; Vimoutiers, 2003
Teachings on Chöd; Paris, 2004
Prayer to Gyerpung Drenpa Namkha; Shenten, 2007
Drenpa Namkha Tsokchod [short version]; Shenten, 2007
Drenpa Namkha Tsokchod [full version]; Shenten/Germany 2011 (forthcoming)
Sangchöd and Surchöd [detailed explanation by Khenpo Tenpa Yungdrung]; Pauenhof, Germany, 200
Tummo in the tradition of Shardza Rinpoche (Geshe Gelek Jinpa) [detailed instructions, lineage prayer etc]; Shenten, 2005
Tummo in the Chagtri tradition (Geshe Gelek Jinpa) [detailed instructions plus practice]; Sardinia, 2010
Purification Practice of the Six Lokas (Khenpo Tenpa Yungdrung); Shenten, 2006
Practice of the Wisdom Buddha Kengtse [history, instructions and practice]; Shenten, 2006
Daily Practice Booklet: 7-point daily practice from Zijiyd; Precious Mala of Tsewang Monlam; Shenten, 2006
Rainbow Tent Phowa [Jagurma] vol I [translation of text]; Shenten, 2007
Rainbow Tent Phowa [Jagurma] vol II [Instructions on practice plus Signs of death by Lishu Tagring]; Shenten, 2007
Matri Mantra; [instructions and practice]; Paris, 2008
Long-Life Practice of Tsewang Rigdzin [instructions, practice, supplementary teachings]; Shenten, 2009
Instructions on the Moment just before Dying; Shenten, 2011

Teachings for Newcomers
Ngöndro Teachings Shenten, France, 2005
The Four Wheels of Bön ; Shenten, 2005
Bonkhor Tsigzhi (The Four Wheels of Bön); Shenten, 2010 (not yet released)
Bönchyod Gurim (Chagtri chapter I); Shenten, 2006
The Nine Ways of Bön vol I; Shenten, 2006
The Nine Ways of Bön vol II; Shenten, 2007
Virtuous and NegatIve Actions; Shenten, 2006

These books are available to practising students of Yongdzin Rinpoche at:
http://shenten.org/en/publications/english-transcripts

Source:
http://www.yungdrungbon.co.uk/DmitryErmakov.html
The best meditation is no meditation

kalden yungdrung

Re: Dmitry Ermakov

Post by kalden yungdrung » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:24 pm

Lopon La and Dmitrz and Carol - 016.jpg
Lopon La and Dmitrz and Carol - 016.jpg (292.88 KiB) Viewed 673 times
Tashi delek,

Like discussed earlier, Dmitry and Carol are very close to the Yongdzin Rinpoche. They work hard together regarding teachings and everything related to the spreading of the Bön teachings. Their transcripts and books have the blessings and approval of Lopon La and can so be seen as trustable.

Dmitry and Carol spent a couple of weeks at Triten Norbutse Monastery last month. With Yongdzin Rinpoche, finalizing the status of their Foundation, and discussed future collaboration with senior Monks and Lamas.

I and other Bönpos wish them many success with their mission ! :applause:

kalden yungdrung

Re: Dmitry Ermakov

Post by kalden yungdrung » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:01 pm

Dmitri Ermakov - 09.jpg
Dmitri Ermakov - 09.jpg (239.92 KiB) Viewed 441 times
Tashi delek,

Carol and Dmitry are very close to the Bön Yongdzin Rinpoche, together with John Reynolds, they form the editors of many valuable transcripts / books.

They are doing very great jobs regarding the spreading of the ZZNG Dzogchen Cycle of teachings , but also other Dzogchen Cycles, and are also connected to Lopon la`s main Dharma Centre in Europe, Shenten Dargye Ling / France.

They work very close together with Lopon Tenzin Namdak Rinpoche, and all is done in a blessed happy mood.
All in all the blessed helping hands of Lopon La.

Carol and Dmitry spent a few days in Shenten Dargye Ling, France, working on translations, preparing new practice materials and verifying translations.

We are happy to report that Yongdzin Rinpoche is in good health and fine spirits. :applause: :thumbsup: :bow:

Photo: Yongdzin Rinpoche checking the new short Drenpa Namkha Tsok with Dmitry
by Carol Ermakova, September 2017