Welcome to Kvmilek

Discussion of the fifth religious tradition of Tibet.
kalden yungdrung

Welcome to Kvmilek

Post by kalden yungdrung »

kvmilek wrote:
I've recieved YUNGDRUNG TASHI name from Latri Nyima Dakpa Rinpoche, a Bonpo master. Rinpoche translated it as
YUNGDRUNG - Eternal Everlasting
TASHI - Auspiciousness.

The funny thing is that HH 2nd Beru Khyentse Rinpoche from Karma Kagyu gave me a refuge name KARMA TASHI DORJE where
KARMA is a Karma Kagyu school name
TASHI is tashi (explained above), and
DORJE is Vajrayana equivalent of Bonpo Yungdrung.
Tashi delek K,

Welcome here aboard on DW, Kvmilek !

See in the sub-forum Tibetan names viewtopic.php?f=78&t=1878&p=419973#p419973 , that you have been before in Karma Kagyud.

I have been in Shangpa Kagyud before i entered Bön.

When i may ask, what was your motivation to enter Bön ?

Mutsuk Marro
KY.
The best meditation is no meditation
kvmilek

Re: Welcome to Kvmilek

Post by kvmilek »

There were energetic fireworks when I met Nyima Dakpa Rinpoche. So I thought I would follow his teachings.
But still I have a Rime attitude to Dharma.
kalden yungdrung

kvmilek wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:56 pm There were energetic fireworks when I met Nyima Dakpa Rinpoche. So I thought I would follow his teachings.
But still I have a Rime attitude to Dharma.
Tashi delek K,

Thanks for the reply.

Guess you came not there for the fireworks and knew Geshela some time before.

To sympathize with Rime is good.
To be a Non sectarian is ok , like in Rime.
But in Rime is also explained that one can follow everything if we don`t mix it up.

If one follows another Tradition then one can look for similarities and not to make a Tradition similar, which is impossible anyway.

Similarities which i found in Bön and Vajrayana

Compassion and Wisdom
6 Yogas similarities like dream Yoga etc.
Similar Adi Buddha
Tantra but with different names and Lineage
Sutra with many similarities like Sangye Menla
Monks and Vinaya but stemming from different Buddhas
Different Buddhas
Bodhicitta
Yidams
Ngöndro etc.
Dzogchen
Madyamika
Mountain Gods
etc.

Sure i know in Vajrayana Om Ah Hung but nevertheless say it in Bön sometimes as A Om Hung

With this Om Ah Hung etc and A Om Hung i have until now difficulties to separate them because it is deep rooted Om A Hung.

So with Bön , i had no problems and for sure not with the Dzogchen step on top of Chag Gya Chenpo.

Hope that your way in Bön will be prosperous and you have a good Master. He was one of the beloved ones of the Gyalwa Menri Trizin Rinpoche, a Tashi Menri Geshela. For him and other Bönpos, is Ngöndro important.

Mutsuk Marro
KY.
kvmilek

Post by kvmilek »

Truly, I didn't know Rinpoche before. I collected empowerments from Karma and Drikung Kagyu but I did not practice. I work with energy as an bioenergy or pranic healer and I wanted something that would strengthen my healing practice and clean my energy body.

This year I found that there will be tummo retreat with one of the Bonpo lamas so I thought I could go there. Namkhai Norbu wrote in one of his books that there are many energetic practices in Bon lineage.

A friend of mine who is Drikung Kagyu met Nyima Dakpa Rinpoche and told me that he is great lama.
So I met Rinpoche and as I said there were energetic fireworks. When Rinpoche came to retreat center I saw everything and everyone energeticaly (I still have a problem with seeing an aura). One day Rinpoche lead a 5 minute guru yoga and that was strong! Totally amazing! I and everyone else felt that Rinpoche came to our central channel and he cleansed everything so we could be ready to start tummo practice.

Rinppche gave me a prophecy and very strong transmission of Ngondro (he also told me which ngondro practice I should put emphasis).

I thought I would stay because no other teacher had such an impression on me.
kalden yungdrung

kvmilek wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:18 am Truly, I didn't know Rinpoche before. I collected empowerments from Karma and Drikung Kagyu but I did not practice. I work with energy as an bioenergy or pranic healer and I wanted something that would strengthen my healing practice and clean my energy body.

This year I found that there will be tummo retreat with one of the Bonpo lamas so I thought I could go there. Namkhai Norbu wrote in one of his books that there are many energetic practices in Bon lineage.

A friend of mine who is Drikung Kagyu met Nyima Dakpa Rinpoche and told me that he is great lama.
So I met Rinpoche and as I said there were energetic fireworks. When Rinpoche came to retreat center I saw everything and everyone energeticaly (I still have a problem with seeing an aura). One day Rinpoche lead a 5 minute guru yoga and that was strong! Totally amazing! I and everyone else felt that Rinpoche came to our central channel and he cleansed everything so we could be ready to start tummo practice.

Rinppche gave me a prophecy and very strong transmission of Ngondro (he also told me which ngondro practice I should put emphasis).

I thought I would stay because no other teacher had such an impression on me.

Tashi delek K,

Thanks for your postings.

Now, i do understand your story better than before.

Ain´t no easy to find a Master, so easy like you did.
See it therefore as very auspicious karma, that you have met Rinpoche.
Rinpoche is very famous Geshe from Tashi Menri and has many skills.
Latri Nyima Dakpa Rinpoche.jpg
Latri Nyima Dakpa Rinpoche.jpg (206.64 KiB) Viewed 1594 times

Yeh Guru Yoga can be very powerful when done together with Rinpoche.
Fire, water and air can cleanse the body very well, according Guru Yoga.

- You do Guru Yoga from A-Tri Dzogchen ?

Mutsuk Marro
KY
kvmilek

Post by kvmilek »

kalden yungdrung wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:46 am
Yup, Rinpoche gave me lung to Ngondro from his book 'Opening the door to Bon' which is A-Tri lineage. When Rinpoche gave me lung I felt so strong warm coming into my throat chakra.

I don't know if I am Bonpo now, or not, but I will follow his teachings :namaste:
kalden yungdrung

kvmilek wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:42 am
kalden yungdrung wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:46 am
Yup, Rinpoche gave me lung to Ngondro from his book 'Opening the door to Bon' which is A-Tri lineage. When Rinpoche gave me lung I felt so strong warm coming into my throat chakra.

I don't know if I am Bonpo now, or not, but I will follow his teachings :namaste:
Tashi delek K,

Thanks for your reply.

Very good that you follow Ngöndro from A-tri .
You are Bönpo if you have a Bön name, given to you by a Bön Master and do Bön practice in the Bön Lineage.

But you can always practice other Tibetan Traditions like is explained in Rime.
If i go to "my" Kagyu Dharma Center, i practice there according Kagyud customs, Bön "does not count" there.

Some see even Bönpos there as black magicians, that what i also thought for a long time.........
The Milarepa story is in Kagyud popular where Milarepa got knowhow about black magic from a certain Bönpo.

Mutsuk Marro
KY.

Return to “Bön”