Bönpo Pilgrimage To Tibet Bönri and Kailash 2018

Discussion of the fifth religious tradition of Tibet.
kalden yungdrung

Bönpo Pilgrimage To Tibet Bönri and Kailash 2018

Post by kalden yungdrung » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:11 pm

Dear Bönpos of the World,

Several years I am organizing Bönpo Pilgimage tours in Tibet for Russian Bönpos. As I have checked the places and already know where we can go and what can we see, I have decided to offer the possibility for the Bönpos of the World to join this trip. The route was shown to Khenpo Gelek, and we included places, that are open for tourists now. Unfortunately some places Khenpo Gelek offered, like Dangra area are not explored by me yet. But I will definitely will try to do my best to make these places accessible for worldwide Bönpo community.

We plan the trip on 2018 May 11 – June 1

Tour program:
1 day. May 11. Departure to Chengdu.
2. May 12. Chengdu arrival. Self-transfer to the hotel.
3. May 13. Transfer to the airport. Flight Chengdu – Linzhi. After arrival transfer to Bayi, check into the hotel. In afternoon visit Kushuk Gonpa. Overnight in the hotel in Bayi.
4-6. May 14-16 Visit Bonri, try to do the Bonri kora (kora is forbidden, but we could try to start early in the morning when checkpoint is not working yet), visit Jelri Nunery, Taktsal Monastery, and other Yungdrung Bon Monasteries on the Bonri Mountain according to the situation on the place. Overnight in the hotel in Bayi.
7. May 17. All day drive to Lhasa. Arrival check in into the hotel. Overnight in Lhasa.
8. May 18. Lhasa tours: Visit Drak Yerpa, Drilung and Lukhang. Overnight in Lhasa.
9-10. May 19-20. Lhasa - Samye, vist Samye Gonpa, Hibori hill, Chimpu caves. Overnights in Samye guesthouse (sometimes no hot water).
11. May 21. Samye -Menri – Shigatse. On the way to Shigatse visit original Menri monastery. Overnight in Shigatse.
12. May 22. Shigatse - Saga. All day driving to Saga, overnight in Saga.
13. May 23. Saga - Manasarovar - Moincer. All day drive to Kailash, visit Manasarovar lake. Overnight in the simple guesthouse (no shower, toilet outside) in Moincer.
14. May 24. Moincer – Gurugyam. Visit Gurugyam Monastery, climb the hill in front of Gurugyam – former palace of Zhangzhung kings. Drive to Darchen, free time – preparation for Kailash kora. Overnight in hotel in Darchen.
15-17. May 25-27. Kailash kora made in 3 days. We will try to do Bonpo kora, but this will be clear only after we will arrive to Darchen. Because no porters or yak owners want to go the Bonpo way, we will try to arrange luggage transfer with a car, so Tibetan guide will not go with the group. Two overnights on the kora will be in the simple guesthouses (no shower, toilet outside), last overnight after finishing the kora will be in the hotel in Darchen.
18. May 28. All day drive to Saga. Overnight in Saga.
19. May 29. All day drive to Shigatse. Overnight in Shigatse.
20. May 30. All day drive to Lhasa, on the way visit Yungdrungling Monastery. Overnight in Lhasa.
21. May 31. Free day in Lhasa
22. June 1. Drive to the airport to take a flight home.

IMPORTANT!!! Tibet is strongly controlled area and sometimes China can close separate areas or the whole Tibetan Autonomous Region. Organizers have no possible ways to influence this so every willing to come to this trip agree to take the risk that trip may be canceled or altered according to the regulations of Chinese government.

For other information, please contact us with a private message

The best meditation is no meditation

Return to “Bön”