Bön Chöd

Discussion of the fifth religious tradition of Tibet.
kalden yungdrung

Bön Chöd

Post by kalden yungdrung »

Tashi delek,

Bön has 4 Chöd traditions:

- Peaceful
- Wrathful
- Subduing
- Extending

=================

By
H.E. Lopon Tenzin Namdak Rinpoche
Lopon la -  031.jpg
Lopon la - 031.jpg (25.79 KiB) Viewed 2445 times
1. Introduction to the background of Chöd

Meaning of Chöd

So Chöd is a little part to help your meditation to develop and to purify disturbances and send them away, but it doesn't give you real realization; it helps you develop.

The worldly meaning of 'chöd' is 'cutting', but which things canbe cut? What is cutting? What it the purpose? So I need to teil you all these things.

What is being cut is the Five Poison Consciousnesses. They always bind human beings, so they need to be cut off so we have no more conneetion to them. So, that is what to cut.

They can be cut down by Emptiness, Knowledge and Wisdom.

Which wisdom depends on (whether you are following) Dzogchen, Tantra or Sutra. Usually it is nota requirement of Sutra; Chöd is not mentioned and Sutra practitioners don't use it. It is mainly in Tantra,
and Dzogchen uses a little part of it.

Chöd means the real realization of Nature and Empty Nature. We call it Dak-me Tok-pa'i She-rab which is Emptiness Knowledge, I think. That can cut off the 5 Poison Consciousnesses and Ignorance in particular.

How can it be cut off? Usually we naturally think that all phenomenal existence, including ourselves, exists inherently. The thinker or consciousness is what is cut; that is the real one, the consciousness which perceives that everything exists as we see it. So how can it be purified or cut off If you see a flowerin front of you on a table or somewhere, you can touch one petal or the whole bunch.

If you take each flower and look there, leaves, petals and seeds all have different names, so you can't find the real flower on the object side. Yet still we think and perceive the flower and believe that there is something on the object side. But when you check and look sensibly, you can't find a flower which is on the table. So check in that way. Or like a car. If you look outside, there is the car's body; if you look inside and take out the engine, wheels, gears etc and split them up, then there is no 'car'. Yet the car is still there, you haven't lost it and we say 'my car', 'his car'. But if you touch it, you are touching the car's door, or the car's handle, but not 'the car'. Yet we still think 'car'.

Everything is like this, and we are supposed to be following these words and looking back to ourselves. If we do we see my head, my body, my consciousness- everything is my, my, not 'me'. Even though we search and can't find it anywhere yet still we think 'me', 'he', 'she' and hold this very strongly. If you search, you can't find it, but we very strongly think it exists.

That is Ignorance, and we have to cut it off by the method of Chöd. Nothing exists on the object side, yet still we grasp and think very forcefully. That thinker is called Real Ignorance; there is no reason to, but still it grasps forcefully. Everything is in a similar situation. One man looks at a person and thinks, 'He is my enemy' while another one looks and thinks, 'He is my friend'. From the person's side, there is no enemy or friend; you can't find anything from his side, but it is consciousness which makes and creates very strongly. We can see this clearly: in the morning you are very friendly with someone, but in the afternoon, he is your worst enemy.

This happens very easily and shows that from the object's side, there is no partiality and no reality of friend nor enemy; nothing. It is only created by the self, by consciousness. First of all we have to realize that it is this which we have to cut in Chöd. So you have to think about this; if you don`t think, there can be no meditation, no base, no capital. If you think, then as you know more and more and become happier, that is meditation.

The best meditation is no meditation
kalden yungdrung

Re: Bön Chöd

BÖNPO CHÖD PILGRIMAGE: The Sacrifice of the Self

kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek,

Chöd is particularly known as the power of healing & curing the illness.

It protect us from evil spirit & demonic forces. It keeps away the negativity.

Namkha Gyalpo Lama is a Bönpo Amchi & Yogi of Pumer Gumba Sugri Nishar from Dolpa Phoksundo, Nepal.

Chöd Practice:- Khandro Phong Tuei/ Shangpa Yeshi Sung Chod.
Contact:-00977-9868398163 (Shyangmu Lama) or This channel for further details & queries.

Chöd practice refer to the specific tantric rituals & specific meditation methods to reach enlightenment.

It teaches the impermanence in our life. It is the process of cutting the ego & cutting the attachment by the process of body offering.

In this video Ngakpa Namkha Lama played the chöd practice by trumpet made by human thigh bone femurs (Kangling) with a Damaru traditionally made from human skulls & a bell. It is a process of arousing a Buddhachitta by which the oneself reach the path of enlightenment.

It is a secret & rare rituals practice among Ngakpa particularly played & practice in Himalayan Region.

kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek,
H.E. the Menri Ponlop Rinpoche - 041.jpg
H.E. the Menri Ponlop Rinpoche - 041.jpg (234.89 KiB) Viewed 2022 times
H.E. the Menri Ponlop Rinpoche will give at the Gyaltsen Institute / USA:
The Secret Chöd of the Khadro On ZOOM

Saturday, September 22 6:30 pm Pacific Time (PT) On ZOOM

Within the Yungdrung Bön tradition, the practice of Chöd is widespread and considered of profound importance.

It is one of the 4 daily practices of generosity and is included in the foundational practices for the Dzogchen teachings of the Aural Transmission of Zhang Zhung.

The Tibetan word chö (Tib. gcod) literally means “to cut, to stop, to destroy”. At its most fundamental, the practice of
chöd is used to cut attachment and ignorance, thus developing the mind-stream and establishing confidence in the view.

This practice involves visualizing giving away the thing that we cling to most: our very own body.

We openly give to the 4 Guests:

- the Enlightened Beings
- the protectors
- the 8 classes of gods
- the demons
- all beings of the 6 realms of existence.

However, the emphasis is upon giving to those who want to disturb or harm us because of karmic debts incurred through lifetimes of causing harm to others. In this way, we remove current or future obstacles and develop our qualities of compassion and generosity.

For those who have mastered the practice of Chöd and obtained the power of the practice, they have the ability to remove illness for others, subdue harmful spirits, and can see with clairvoyant knowledge.

There are many Yungdrung Bön chöd practices and traditions. Chöd Practice in general, these can be classified as either:

- Peaceful
- Enriching
- Powerful or wrathful practices.

The Khadro Sang Chöd, or The Secret Chöd of the Khandro is part of the powerful classification of chöd practices.

The 5 lineage khandro of The Secret Chöd of the Khandro are:

- Khandro Chema Ötso
- Khandro Kalpa Zangmo
- Khadro Tukjé Kündrol
- Khadro Öden Barma
- Khandro Sipa’i Gyalmo.

Through devotion, diligence in our practice, and the blessings of the khadro, we can obtain the external, internal and secret benefits of chöd practice such as:

- removing obstacles
- illness and danger
- cutting the emotional affliction of attachment
- gaining an absolute confidence in the vast and open view.

==============

In order to register, please go to both links below in order to register. Unless you go to both links, you will not be registered.

Please go to this link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... g/viewform to give us your email so that we can email you with the zoom link.

You can register up to 1 hour before class begins. The email for the class will arrive 30 minutes before class begins.

Donation: As is customary, please make a donation to support our teacher and future classes at Gyalshen Institute.

Please pay at this link:
https://donorbox.org/the-secret-cho-of-the-khadro
kalden yungdrung

kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek,

Sorry, but even the spreader of this video clip (Amchi Ugyen Bhuti Yangton), could not give me additional information regarding the place in Tibet and the related persons in blue.

Return to “Bön”