Removing Obstacles from the Path

Discussion of the fifth religious tradition of Tibet.
kalden yungdrung

Removing Obstacles from the Path

Post by kalden yungdrung »

By:
Raven Cypres Wood.

Within the Yungdrung Bön tradition, the practice of the Bar Che Lam Sel, or Removing Obstacles from the Path, is a powerful method for removing any kind of obstacle being experienced by the practitioner. From the notation within the text,

“By reciting this “Spontaneous Wish-fulfillment of Removing Obstacles from the Path” a single time, obstacles of an entire year are pacified. By reciting it one hundred times, obstacles of one lifetime are pacified.”

One does not need transmission or instruction in order to recite this prayer. However, if the practitioner is able to receive the oral transmission from a qualified Yungdrung Bön lama, the benefit of the prayer is greatly multiplied. Making a commitment to recite the prayer before a sacred image or shrine, and then fulfilling that commitment, increases the power of the practice by virtue of having fulfilled a sacred commitment. The prayer can be recited at any time, but especially during any experience of problems or obstacles, when starting a business or important endeavor, and during an astrologically calculated “obstacle year” which, according to Tibetan astrology, occurs during the ages of 1, 9, 13, 25, 37, 49, 61, 73 and 81. The prayer can also be taken as a daily practice, or recited for the benefit of others and dedicated to their release from obstacles.

This translation is offered to all Yungdrung Bön practitioners for their personal use. A link to download the pdf can be found at the end of this article. May we all be free from obstacles and have positive circumstances that support our continual spiritual practice and development!

===================

The Oral Transmission of Khandro Sherap Lopelma,
The Spontaneous Wish-fulfillm ent of Removing Obstacles from the Path

EMAHO!

Enlightened Ones of the ten directions who appeared in the past, Enlightened Ones of the ten directions who appear in the present, Enlightened Ones of the ten directions who will appear in the future,
the Mind of the lama is the embodiment of all these Enlightened Ones of the three times . To the embodiment of all the places of refuge, the root lama,

I pay homage, admit my wrong doing, present offerings, and supplicate! Please pacify all obstacles, and guide me along the path of liberation!
Bestow your blessings that my wishes will be spontaneously fulfilled!

The Mind of every Victor , from which arises the actual manifestation of the Buddha's words, the oral transmission, without exception, of those who are all-knowing and completely superior, a stainless, self-aware vessel that contains every teaching and transmission ,
the Speech of the lama is the embodiment of this supreme Bön which has the three valid means of cognition.

To the embodiment of all the places of refuge, the root lama,

I pay homage, admit my wrong doing, present offerings, and supplicate! Please pacify all obstacles, and guide me along the path of liberation!
Bestow your bl essings that my wi shes will be spont aneously fulfilled!

Having the training of discipline of the spiritu al community',

having the training of meditative stability of the spiritual community,

and having the training of the highest knowledge of the spiritual community,

the Body of the lama is the embodiment of the three trainings of the spiritual community. To the embodiment of all the places of refuge, the root lama,
I pay hom age, admit my wrongdoing, present offerings, and supplicate! Please pacify all obstacles, and guide me along the path ofliberation! Bestow your blessings that my wishes will be spontaneously fulfilled!
With these blessings of the Enlightened Ones of the three times and the ten directions,

with these blessings of Bön of the 3 valid means of cognition, of learning and realization, and with these collective blessings of the many sempa of the three trainings,

may I quickly accomplish any aspiration of my three doors!

Through the force and the power of this, wherever I am, may the labels "illness," "hunger,"

"weapons," "conflict," and "disharmony" not even exist!

May the glory and complete fulfillment of sentient beings, as well as the three vehicles of Bön,

continually develop and spread across the Earth and throughout the sky!

(By reciting this "Spontaneous Wish-fulfillment of Removing Obstacles from the Path" a single time, obstacles of an entire year are pacified. By reciting it one hundred times, obstacles of one lifetime are pacified. If the yidam practice is done continually, having purified negativity and obscurations, without exception, one can reach Buddhahood within a single lifetime. Furthermore, by merely reciting it, it has the ability to protect from fear or injury of gods, demons, and humans, not having food, wild animals, the five elements, etc., It pacifies illness and negative spirits, and reverses all negative predictions or divinations, nightmares, bad omens and signs. If you perform this aspiration prayer and request attainments, there will be food for those who need food, clothes for those who need clothes, children for those who need children, etc. Whatever supreme accomplishment that you ask for, will happen without a doubt.

Samaya! Sealed! Sealed! Sealed!
The best meditation is no meditation

Return to “Bön”