Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche

Discussion of the fifth religious tradition of Tibet.
kalden yungdrung

Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche

Post by kalden yungdrung »

Tashi delek,

Tenzin Namgyal Rinpoche ( TWR ) is a concept in the world of Bön.

TWR is a disciple of H.E. the Bön Yongdzin Rinpoche, the most senior Master in Yungdrung Bön.
He distributed the Bön leather in the West and Bön became by his efforts more known to the Western audiance.

Through his book Wonders of the Natural Mind I came into contact with Bön Dzogchen for the first time, and it did not disappointed me until today. :namaste:

Bön Dzogchen was very easy to understand for me and it propelled me deeper into what is Mind and how to realize that Mind etc. So i have made until that time enormous progress / emancipation, all karma based of course.

==========================

Lopon read text & twr 2003_200h  - 00.jpg
Lopon read text & twr 2003_200h - 00.jpg (79.6 KiB) Viewed 4548 times

TENZIN WANGYAL RINPOCHE

Geshe Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche, founder and spiritual director of Ligmincha International, is an acclaimed author as well as a highly respected and beloved teacher to students throughout the United States, Mexico and Europe.

Fluent in English, Tenzin Rinpoche is renowned for his depth of wisdom; his clear, engaging teaching style; and his ability to make the ancient Tibetan teachings highly accessible and relevant to the lives of Westerners.

TWR, was born in Amritsar, India, not long after his parents escaped their Tibetan homeland in 1959 during the Chinese Cultural Revolution. At age 10 Tenzin Rinpoche was ordained as a monk at Menri Monastery near Dolanji, India. There he was recognized by head teacher Lopon Sangye Tenzin Rinpoche as a reincarnation of the famous master Khyung Tul Rinpoche, a renowned meditation master, teacher, scholar and healer who died in the mid-20th century.

Education:
From the age of 13 Rinpoche practiced dzogchen under the guidance of masters from both the Bön and Buddhist schools of Tibet, including (from Bön)

- His Holiness Lungtok Tenpai Nyima,
- Lopon Sangye Tenzin Rinpoche,
- Lopon Tenzin Namdak Rinpoche
- Geshe Yungdrung Namgyal.

From his early adolescence until young adulthood, Tenzin Rinpoche was raised like a son by his root teacher Lopon Tenzin Namdak Rinpoche, today revered as the most senior teacher of the Bön tradition.

An accomplished scholar in the Bön Buddhist textual traditions of philosophy, exegesis and debate, Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche in 1986 completed an 11-year course of traditional studies at the Bön Dialectic School of Menri Monastery, where he received his geshe degree, equivalent to a doctorate in philosophy from Western universities.

Upon graduating, Tenzin Rinpoche was employed in 1981 at the Library of Tibetan Works and Archives at Dharamsala, India. His Holiness the XIV Dalai Lama appointed Rinpoche to be the Bön tradition's representative that year to the Assembly of Tibetan People's Deputies of the Tibetan-Government-in-Exile.

Western Teachings:
Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche was one of the first to bring the precious Bön teachings to the West. In 1988 he was invited by the dzogchen master Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche to teach in Italy, which brought him additional opportunities to teach in other locations throughout Western Europe. In 1991 Tenzin Rinpoche was awarded a Rockefeller Fellowship at Rice University in Houston, Texas, where he continued his research into early Bön tantric deities and their relationship to Buddhist traditions in early Buddhist Tibet. He was awarded a second Rockefeller Fellowship in 1993 when Rice University invited him back to teach during the spring semester.

Since that time Tenzin Rinpoche has chosen to remain in the West to teach the ancient Bön traditions to Western students. In March 1992 Rinpoche founded Ligmincha Institute (now Ligmincha International) in Charlottesville, Va., a nonprofit organization whose purpose is to preserve for future generations the ancient teachings, arts, sciences, language and literature of Tibet and Zhang Zhung.

In 1994 he received a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities to pursue research on the logical and philosophical aspects of the Bön tradition. The fruits of that research came with the 2006 publication of the scholarly text Unbounded Wholeness: Dzogchen, Bon and the Logic of the Nonconceptual (Oxford University Press, 2006), written in collaboration with Anne Carolyn Klein, chair of religious studies at Rice. Also in 1994 Tenzin Rinpoche appeared on the Discovery Channel, where he explained the principles involved in Tibetan dream yoga practice as one segment of a three-part series entitled "The Power of Dreams."

In 1998 Rinpoche established the Serenity Ridge Retreat Center amid the mountains of Nelson County, Va., 30 minutes south of Charlottesville.

Current Activities:
Today Rinpoche continues his dedicated efforts to preserve the Bön Buddhist tradition through establishing centers and groups worldwide, through translating and publishing texts, and through teaching Bön as an authentic, living tradition to Western students around the world. In 2006 during the European summer retreat in Buchenau, Germany, Rinpoche announced the creation of Lishu Institute, a school near Dehradun, India, where Western students will be able to continue and deepen their knowledge and experience of the ancient teachings and practices of Bön.

For more informations regarding TWR activities look here also:
http://www.ligmincha.org/index.php/en/t ... poche.html
The best meditation is no meditation
kalden yungdrung

Re: Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche

IN ADDITION:

TWR - 015a.jpg
TWR - 015a.jpg (44.21 KiB) Viewed 4360 times
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

:thumbsup:

TWR is awesome. I'm lucky enough to live somewhere he visits regularly, I've found him to be a tremendous teacher, both very profound and simultaneously very down to earth.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
kalden yungdrung

IN ADDITION:

Awareness of:

- Body
- Speech
- Mind

By: Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche.

kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek,

Explanation about A Tri Dzogchen by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche,.

=========================

kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek,

In video below, Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche gives nice explanations regarding favourite Dzogchen terms, like awareness etc.

==========================

kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek,

Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche LIVE is an innovative way to connect with Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche, the ancient Tibetan teachings, and fellow students around the world through regular live broadcasts that can be easily viewed on Rinpoche’s Facebook page. All broadcasts are free and open to all—you don’t need a Facebook account to view them.

Coming soon:

Thursday, June 6, 2019, 1:30 a.m. New York time: “Deep Rest, Spontaneous Action.” The first, brief teaching of Rinpoche’s new 5-Minute Wisdom cycle — part of Rinpoche’s Pith Instructions series (see below).

Sunday, August 11, 2019, 11 a.m. New York time: “Poetry From the Heart: Tibetan Women’s Voices.” A group poetry reading with Chokey Dolma, Nyima Tso, Tsering Wangmo Dhompa, and Tulku Yeshi Rinpoche.
This group of three women and one man will be giving a voice to female Tibetan poets now living in exile and in Tibet, as well as to a renowned female teacher and poet from the past. The three women, themselves poets living in exile, will read from their own body of poetry.
Tulku Yeshi Rinpoche will read from the work of a female poet from Tibet and also offer a spiritual song from the autobiography of Sera Khandro, the well-known Buddhist teacher and emanation of Yeshe Tsogyal. Hosted by Geshe Tenzin Wangyal. In Tibetan with simultaneous translation to English and multiple other languages. More information and biographies to come.

WatchLiveButton

TWR2Every few days or weeks, Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche broadcasts live discussions of his books, interviews with experts in the fields of science and spirituality, pith wisdom teachings from the Tibetan Bön Buddhist tradition or other offerings.
Through Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche LIVE you can broaden your knowledge and deepen your connection to the ancient wisdom traditions of Tibetan Bön Buddhism. You can also learn meditation practices and cultivate awareness for greater social and personal transformation.

To access the viewing screen, visit Rinpoche’s Facebook page at the time of the broadcast.
If the screen doesn’t appear right away, the broadcast may not have begun yet, so try reloading the page. If you have a Facebook account, you’ll have an opportunity to submit questions and receive answers from Rinpoche. Be sure to like his page and click “Follow” to receive a notification each time Rinpoche goes live—that way you won’t miss one of his spontaneous broadcasts between scheduled sessions.

Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche is the founding spiritual director of Ligmincha International, a worldwide network of Tibetan Bön Buddhist centers and spiritual communities. For more information about Rinpoche, his teaching schedule, online learning, and books, visit the Ligmincha

http://www.ligminchalearning.com/tenzin ... ziFLryPFxE
kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek,

"Sleep That Heals: How Deep Sleep Can Awaken the Consciousness"

kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek,

More than 50 years ago, the Tibetan Bön Buddhist tradition was driven from its refuge deep within the Himalayas.

This is the story of the long and difficult journey that followed. Told through the lens of one Bön teacher born in exile—Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche—this film reveals something very precious and very old: a rich spiritual heritage, hidden for millennia, whose secret teachings are only now becoming known to the world.

There may be no unbroken spiritual tradition more ancient than Bön, which traces its beginnings to a Buddha who predates Shakyamuni by thousands of years. Yet this tradition today may be facing its greatest challenge thus far: to preserve its rich heritage beyond the land of its birth.

A film by Rogelio Jaramillo Flores. Produced by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche.

“The Light of the Golden Sun provides a beautiful and inspiring insight into Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche and his challenges in bringing the wisdom of Bön to the West. It clearly shares that light through the people who helped manifest his vision and who are benefiting from the transformative practices of this ancient tradition.”
—John Jackson

“The Bön texts are thousands of years old, and I am sure that not even 7 percent of what is still in monasteries, libraries and caves has been translated. Even without taking into consideration the spiritual aspect, Bön should be preserved as a treasure for humanity just for its cultural aspect.”
—Anne Klein

======================

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

kalden yungdrung wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:51 pm Tashi delek,

"Sleep That Heals: How Deep Sleep Can Awaken the Consciousness"

I did a Sleep of Clear Light weekend teaching with TWR a couple years back, it was really excellent. Supposedly he has a book coming out at some point on the practice, which was different from what is taught in his Dream Yoga book.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
kalden yungdrung

THE BODY OF LIGHT: TRANSFORMATION THROUGH SPACE, LIGHT AND ENERGY, PART 2

Email: Laura Shekerjian (mailto:[email protected])

Every one of us has the possibility of becoming more open, more aware and more creative by lightening the densities that prevent us from experiencing ourselves as we truly are. In this second part of a 5-weekend series, Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche will teach practices that guide us towards this essential state of pure space and awareness, the body of light.

These practices take us through the layers of our pain identities as they manifest within each of the 5 aspects of spiritual and personal development: - body,
- speech,
- mind,
- positive qualities
- spontaneous creativity.

As we release first the gross and then the subtler blockages, we discover the body of light that becomes accessible as these blockages clear.

All the weekends will emphasize self-reflection and practices of the tantric and dzogchen teachings of the Bön tradition. There are no prerequisites to attend these teachings, and everyone is welcome.

Cost: Preregistration: $145 or $115 students and low income
At the door: $185 or $145 students and low income
Friday evening only: $20 (preregistration not necessary)

To preregister, send a check or money order payable to LIGMINCHA to Laura Shekerjian, 1500 Holly St., Berkeley, CA 94703. Be sure to include your email address and/or other contact information. If you register at the door, only checks or cash are accepted.

For questions about registration, contact Laura Shekerjian, [email protected]. For general information about the teachings, contact Susan Killian [email protected] or Laura Shekerjian, [email protected].

See also:
https://ligmincha.org/events/the-body-o ... J0q78Dktgc
kalden yungdrung

IN ADDITION:

18 September at 17:57
Through the Eyes of the Heart

kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek,

A special message of Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche for his students worldwide

===================

TWR - 00.jpg
TWR - 00.jpg (91.88 KiB) Viewed 2923 times

Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche

Yearlong Sabbatical Planned for 2021

To All My Students,

I send you my heartfelt greetings. After much reflection, I am writing to share with you an important decision that I have made. As you know, I always encourage people to look deeply into and reflect on their lives. I, too, reflect on my life, family, and spiritual practice. As I turn 60, I find that I want to spend more time with my family and make space for personal retreat. So, starting on January 3, 2021, I will be taking a yearlong sabbatical. This will be a time for me to actively engage with stillness, silence, and spaciousness and explore them in a new way.

From now until the end of 2020, I will continue my usual teaching schedule globally and online. During this time, I encourage all of you to participate as actively as you can. In 2021 my only scheduled teaching activities will be summer retreats at Serenity Ridge in the US and Chamma Ling in Poland. In January 2022 I will resume my regular schedule. While I am away, I will not actively engage in social media. This means that I won’t have any scheduled Facebook Live events. When inspired I may occasionally share poems, thoughts, and reflections. I look forward to returning from my sabbatical and sharing its fruit with all of you.

Preserving and sharing this tradition is my life’s mission. My goal has always been to help my beloved teachers, spread the teachings, and assist Bön lamas and centers in any ways that I can. Every year the teachings spread, and more people are finding these beautiful practices. I see them bring so much goodness to people’s lives everywhere I go. Teaching, writing, connecting, and sharing is what energizes me. It is joyful, spontaneous, nourishing work, and it is indescribably rewarding. It is my calling.

As always, stay connected – now, and during my sabbatical – to the teachings, to one another, to me, and especially to yourselves. Ligmincha International, The 3 Doors, and CyberSangha.net offer so many ways to connect, practice, and grow. They exist to support you on your path. I hope that you will take full advantage of them.

With much love and many blessings, now and always,

Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche

Return to “Bön”