Who Are these Masters in this Bonpo Exhibit?

Discussion of the fifth religious tradition of Tibet.
Post Reply
Tenma
Posts: 997
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:25 am

Who Are these Masters in this Bonpo Exhibit?

Post by Tenma » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:17 pm



Anyone know the masters featured from 1:50 and beyond?

Also, are the relics shown the sarira of Tonpa Sherab or what?

User avatar
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator
Posts: 10698
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:58 pm
Location: Olympia WA
Contact:

Re: Who Are these Masters in this Bonpo Exhibit?

Post by Johnny Dangerous » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:20 pm

I recognize one as Dawa Gyaltsen from the picture. One assumes they are Bön lineage masters, siddhas etc.
"...if you think about how many hours, months and years of your life you've spent looking at things, being fascinated by things that have now passed away, then how wonderful to spend even five minutes looking into the nature of your own mind."

-James Low

User avatar
lelopa
Posts: 583
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:03 pm

Re: Who Are these Masters in this Bonpo Exhibit?

Post by lelopa » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:51 am

Yes,

the early Masters of the Zhang-Zhung Nyengyu
हूं हूं हूं
फट् फट् फट्

User avatar
kalden yungdrung
Posts: 4606
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:40 pm

Re: Who Are these Masters in this Bonpo Exhibit?

Post by kalden yungdrung » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:40 pm

Tenma wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:17 pm


Anyone know the masters featured from 1:50 and beyond?

Also, are the relics shown the sarira of Tonpa Sherab or what?
Tashi delek T,

The Masters of Zhang Zhung here shown are:

1. Lhabön Yongsu Dagpa
2. Lubön Banam
3. Mibön Tride Zambu
4. Banam Kyolpo
5 . Se Trisho Gyalwa
6 . Rasang Samdrub
7 . Darma Sherab
8 . Darma B ode
9. Zhang Zhung Tripen
10. Muye Lhagyung
11. Mashen Legzang
12. Gyershen Taglha
13. Rasang Yungdrungse
14. Rasang Yungpen
15 . Gepar Dondrub
16. Gyerpung Gepen
17 . Se Gegyal
18 . Zhang Zhung Namgyal
19 . Mugyung Karpo
20. Horti Chenpo
21 . Donkun Drubpa
22 . Rasang Pengyal
23 . Gurib Sega
24. Dawa Gyaltsen
25 . Tapihritsa
26 . Gyerpung Nangzher Lödpo
27 . Gyalzig Sechung
28 . Mu Tsoge
29 . Mu Tsotang
30 . Mu Shatram Chenpo
31 . Mu Gyalwa Lodra
32 . Panchen Tsenpo
33 . Panchen Lhundrub Muthur
34 . Shengyal Lhatse
35 . Lomting Lhagom Karpo

This is the uninterupted Lineage of Zhang Zhung DZOGCHENPAS.
The interupted Lineage is stemming from Sangwa Düpa and here we find Zhang Zhung Garab alias Garab Dorje.

Further important to know is that all the ZZNG Masters obtained the Rainbow Body and that the 25th Master Tapihritsa allowed that the text could be written down and that it could be teached to more than 1 "student".

26. Gyerpung Nangzher Lödpo the successor of Buddha Tapihritsa, was the Master of the last Zhang Zhung king Ligmincha who was murdered by the central Tibetan king Songten Gampo.

This was the start of the new religion in Tibet, based on the import of Indian Dharma elements out of India, Kashmir and Uddhiyana.

From Tönpa Shenrab we have as far as i know only 1 mala bead and his footprint.
His relics were stored in a golden box, but don´t know what happened with that box

viewtopic.php?f=78&t=31119
The best meditation is no meditation

Tenma
Posts: 997
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:25 am

Re: Who Are these Masters in this Bonpo Exhibit?

Post by Tenma » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:07 am

kalden yungdrung wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:40 pm
Tenma wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:17 pm


Anyone know the masters featured from 1:50 and beyond?

Also, are the relics shown the sarira of Tonpa Sherab or what?
Tashi delek T,

The Masters of Zhang Zhung here shown are:

1. Lhabön Yongsu Dagpa
2. Lubön Banam
3. Mibön Tride Zambu
4. Banam Kyolpo
5 . Se Trisho Gyalwa
6 . Rasang Samdrub
7 . Darma Sherab
8 . Darma B ode
9. Zhang Zhung Tripen
10. Muye Lhagyung
11. Mashen Legzang
12. Gyershen Taglha
13. Rasang Yungdrungse
14. Rasang Yungpen
15 . Gepar Dondrub
16. Gyerpung Gepen
17 . Se Gegyal
18 . Zhang Zhung Namgyal
19 . Mugyung Karpo
20. Horti Chenpo
21 . Donkun Drubpa
22 . Rasang Pengyal
23 . Gurib Sega
24. Dawa Gyaltsen
25 . Tapihritsa
26 . Gyerpung Nangzher Lödpo
27 . Gyalzig Sechung
28 . Mu Tsoge
29 . Mu Tsotang
30 . Mu Shatram Chenpo
31 . Mu Gyalwa Lodra
32 . Panchen Tsenpo
33 . Panchen Lhundrub Muthur
34 . Shengyal Lhatse
35 . Lomting Lhagom Karpo

This is the uninterupted Lineage of Zhang Zhung DZOGCHENPAS.
The interupted Lineage is stemming from Sangwa Düpa and here we find Zhang Zhung Garab alias Garab Dorje.

Further important to know is that all the ZZNG Masters obtained the Rainbow Body and that the 25th Master Tapihritsa allowed that the text could be written down and that it could be teached to more than 1 "student".

26. Gyerpung Nangzher Lödpo the successor of Buddha Tapihritsa, was the Master of the last Zhang Zhung king Ligmincha who was murdered by the central Tibetan king Songten Gampo.

This was the start of the new religion in Tibet, based on the import of Indian Dharma elements out of India, Kashmir and Uddhiyana.

From Tönpa Shenrab we have as far as i know only 1 mala bead and his footprint.
His relics were stored in a golden box, but don´t know what happened with that box

viewtopic.php?f=78&t=31119
Then what were those relics at 7:41 and 8:26?

User avatar
kalden yungdrung
Posts: 4606
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:40 pm

Re: Who Are these Masters in this Bonpo Exhibit?

Post by kalden yungdrung » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:31 pm

Tenma wrote:
Then what were those relics at 7:41 and 8:26?
Well at 7:41 is shown the mala bead of Buddha Tönpa Shenrab Miwoche.
At 8:26 i don´t know what it is.
The best meditation is no meditation

Tenma
Posts: 997
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:25 am

Re: Who Are these Masters in this Bonpo Exhibit?

Post by Tenma » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:46 pm

kalden yungdrung wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:31 pm
Tenma wrote:
Then what were those relics at 7:41 and 8:26?
Well at 7:41 is shown the mala bead of Buddha Tönpa Shenrab Miwoche.
At 8:26 i don´t know what it is.
Ah, well that explains things. Anyway, thanks!

User avatar
Lorgar
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:34 pm

Re: Who Are these Masters in this Bonpo Exhibit?

Post by Lorgar » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:10 pm

kalden yungdrung wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:31 pm
Tenma wrote:
Then what were those relics at 7:41 and 8:26?
Well at 7:41 is shown the mala bead of Buddha Tönpa Shenrab Miwoche.
At 8:26 i don´t know what it is.
it's a bead from the mala that belonged to the father of the modern tibetan master-chigcharwa

User avatar
kalden yungdrung
Posts: 4606
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:40 pm

Re: Who Are these Masters in this Bonpo Exhibit?

Post by kalden yungdrung » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:51 am

Lorgar wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:10 pm
kalden yungdrung wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:31 pm
Tenma wrote:
Then what were those relics at 7:41 and 8:26?
Well at 7:41 is shown the mala bead of Buddha Tönpa Shenrab Miwoche.
At 8:26 i don´t know what it is.
it's a bead from the mala that belonged to the father of the modern tibetan master-chigcharwa
Tashi delek,

Thanks for your posting(s).

Could be that i was wrong informed.

- Where did you get your information from ?
The best meditation is no meditation

User avatar
Lorgar
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:34 pm

Re: Who Are these Masters in this Bonpo Exhibit?

Post by Lorgar » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:29 pm

kalden yungdrung wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:51 am
Lorgar wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:10 pm
kalden yungdrung wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:31 pm


Well at 7:41 is shown the mala bead of Buddha Tönpa Shenrab Miwoche.
At 8:26 i don´t know what it is.
it's a bead from the mala that belonged to the father of the modern tibetan master-chigcharwa
Tashi delek,

Thanks for your posting(s).

Could be that i was wrong informed.

- Where did you get your information from ?
Hello.
From the catalogue of this exhibition, here is the link:
https://docviewer.yandex.ru/view/368744 ... J9&lang=ru

page 10

Fortyeightvows
Posts: 2609
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:37 am

Re: Who Are these Masters in this Bonpo Exhibit?

Post by Fortyeightvows » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:35 am

Lorgar wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:29 pm
From the catalogue of this exhibition, here is the link:
https://docviewer.yandex.ru/view/368744 ... J9&lang=ru

page 10
Hey Lorgar, thanks for posting ! Why don’t you stay and post more.
Maybe there is some old threads you could also contribute to

User avatar
kalden yungdrung
Posts: 4606
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:40 pm

Re: Who Are these Masters in this Bonpo Exhibit?

Post by kalden yungdrung » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:53 pm

Lorgar wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:29 pm
kalden yungdrung wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:51 am
Lorgar wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:10 pm

it's a bead from the mala that belonged to the father of the modern tibetan master-chigcharwa
Tashi delek,

Thanks for your posting(s).

Could be that i was wrong informed.

- Where did you get your information from ?
Hello.
From the catalogue of this exhibition, here is the link:
https://docviewer.yandex.ru/view/368744 ... J9&lang=ru

page 10
Tashi delek,

Yes , i see you are right it was a decedent of the Buddha Tönpa Shenrab Miwoche.
Maysbe did the bead belong to the Buddha one time, and that was the meaning of the message i got from a Bönpo source.

As far as i know was it the bead of Buddha Tönpa Shenrab Miwoche, but with all that news , we should be sceptical of course.
But will investigate if the bead did belong to the Buddha or not, because now i am not so sure about it.
The best meditation is no meditation

User avatar
Lorgar
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:34 pm

Re: Who Are these Masters in this Bonpo Exhibit?

Post by Lorgar » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:29 am

Fortyeightvows wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:35 am
Lorgar wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:29 pm
From the catalogue of this exhibition, here is the link:
https://docviewer.yandex.ru/view/368744 ... J9&lang=ru

page 10
Hey Lorgar, thanks for posting ! Why don’t you stay and post more.
Maybe there is some old threads you could also contribute to
Oh, please. I am not a big expert in Bon, but if I can be useful, I will be happy to make a post. Although I like to ask questions more than give answers.
8-)

Post Reply

Return to “Bön”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests