Bon Ngondro resources and clarifications.

Discussion of the fifth religious tradition of Tibet.
florin

Bon Ngondro resources and clarifications.

Post by florin »

I am in a situation where i can't understand how certain practices are done .

The ngondro text i have and received is very generous in explaining certain practices but not others.
For example there is an explanation of what to visualise about only one of the 3 heart mantras but not for the other 2.

As i said above this text is quite generous ,actually too generous in giving details about certain practices.The text itself is 50 pages on A4 sheets.This is just to give you an ideea about how complicated this text is unlike the ones which are done in shenten.
I know how they do it in shenten ,its very easy and straightforward but i dont have their texts and instruction.

I have been struggling with this text from the very first day i have received it.
Some of you may ask why i dont go back to the teacher i have received it from to get more instructions.My answer to that would be that i find my encounter with that teacher quite disturbing and demeaning.

I would be very happy if anybody here could come up with suggestions about how to get some clarification on the practice of BON NGONDRO and maybe some resources ,books ,dvd's..etc...

Thank you
kalden yungdrung

Re: Bon Ngondro resources and clarifications.

Post by kalden yungdrung »

alpha wrote:I am in a situation where i can't understand how certain practices are done .

I would be very happy if anybody here could come up with suggestions about how to get some clarification on the practice of BON NGONDRO and maybe some resources ,books ,dvd's..etc...

Thank you

Tashi delek,

Thanks for your topic regarding the Ngondro used in Bon.

My questions to you:

- In what Bon Dzogchen lineage do you dwell?
1. ZZNG
2. A Khrid
3. Dzogchen
4. Yetri Thasel

- Or do you follow maybe more than one Bon Dzogchen lineage?
- Do you have got a Bon refuge name?

Mutsog Marro
KY
The best meditation is no meditation
florin

Post by florin »

The ngondro i've received is from A khrid Kaloong Gyatso.So presumably this text belongs to the A Khird .

I have receives teachings on Heartdrops of Dharmakaya(kunzang Nyingtig), Gyalwa Chagtri ,Tummo as is taught by the teachers of Shenten.I wouldnt be able to tell you what lineage i am in.

The name i was given when taking refuge with the bon teacher i riceived the ngondro from is Tashi Norbu.
But i think the transmission for Chagtri includes the transmission for the ngondro as is done in Shenten.
So i would have permission to practice that ngondro as well.
When Tenpa Rinpoche gave instructions on Chagtri he only gave us details about how to practice the four thoughts and guru yoga but he didnt gave any instructions for the rest...mandala,100 syl mantra,3 heart mantras because of the time constraints.He also talked in general terms about refuge and boddhicitta but he didnt show us how the actual practice is done.

But while writing this message i realised that i have received two ngondros.One in A khrid lineage as i mentioned at the beginning and one in ZZNG lineage since Chagtri is considered the practical application of ZZNG teachings.
kalden yungdrung

alpha wrote:The ngondro i've received is from A khrid Kaloong Gyatso.So presumably this text belongs to the A Khird .

I have receives teachings on Heartdrops of Dharmakaya(kunzang Nyingtig), Gyalwa Chagtri ,Tummo as is taught by the teachers of Shenten.I wouldnt be able to tell you what lineage i am in.

The name i was given when taking refuge with the bon teacher i riceived the ngondro from is Tashi Norbu.
But i think the transmission for Chagtri includes the transmission for the ngondro as is done in Shenten.
So i would have permission to practice that ngondro as well.
When Tenpa Rinpoche gave instructions on Chagtri he only gave us details about how to practice the four thoughts and guru yoga but he didnt gave any instructions for the rest...mandala,100 syl mantra,3 heart mantras because of the time constraints.He also talked in general terms about refuge and boddhicitta but he didnt show us how the actual practice is done.

But while writing this message i realised that i have received two ngondros.One in A khrid lineage as i mentioned at the beginning and one in ZZNG lineage since Chagtri is considered the practical application of ZZNG teachings.

Tashi delek,

Thanks for your reply.

The mainpoint in Bon Dzogchen as well other lineages of Dzogchen would be the Guru Yoga, because its the Guru who can explain to us the practice of being in the Natural State. So the blessings which stem from the Guru gives to us the realisation about our practice.

In case you are practising A Khrid i could help you because my lineage is mainly A Khrid but i am also very wellknown in ZZNG, but that concerns only the practice of the Lights etc. So Menri as well Triten Norbutse do possess a fully complete Dzogchen lineage where all is inside.

Because of our Lopon La many do like the ZZNG Dzogchen and Yetri Thasel Dzogchen based on Drenpa Namkha, who was one of the 25 deciples of Guru Rinpoche :bow:

So please do pm me then we could exchange some of our ideas more precisely. :D

Mutsog Marro
KY
kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek,

The Chaktri is the practice-manual of the Zhangzhung Nyengyü (ZZNG). It was composed by Dru Gyelwa Yungdrung (1242-1290). It is the most-well known practice-manual for the ZZNG, but there are others.

Mutsog Marro
KY

1. Recitation of the Ngondro;
2. Instruction of the Ngondro;
3. Introduction to the Nature of Mind;
4. The Boundless View of Dzogchen;
5. The Spontaneous Meditation of Dzogchen;
6. The Flexible Behavior of Dzogchen;
7. The Result of Dzogchen - the Realization of the Three Kayas;
8. Removing Obstacles of the Practice of Clear Light;
9. Removing Obstacles through Practice of the Magical Wheel (Trul Khor);
10. The Tsa Lung Trul Khor: Magical Wheel of the Channels and Pranas;
11. The Practice of the Seven Cycles of Clear Light (for the dark retreat).
kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek,

Found here a nice link regarding the Ngondro done in the ZZNG Bon Dzogchen Cycle.
http://www.yungdrungbon.info/index.php? ... &Itemid=76" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But will have a long talk with our Loponla this month and then i will very sure obtain the ZZNG Ngondro. :applause:

Mutsog marro
KY

Return to “Bön”