Shar Khentrul Rinpoché Jamphel Lodrö

Motova

Re: Shar Khentrul Rinpoché Jamphel Lodrö

Post by Motova »

Crazywisdom wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:33 pm
tobes wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:53 am Reading the OP more carefully definitely raises some red flags.

If one wants to know what has really corrupted the Vajrayana in the west - often discussed on this forum - it's this kind of stuff.

I don't take kindly to the great legacy of Kongtrol, Khyentse Wangpo etc, being deployed to serve a deceptive means.
What are you talking about? No body is impugning a legacy. I just want to know if this guy is qualified. I’m not decided. But there is controversy surrounding the man. My question is: does that matter? I know what the KCT says about monks being best gurus, and gurus should be given consorts, even sacred prostitutes. I also k ow this lama has claimed he received a special degree from HHDL as master of all lineages (from his own website claims). So I also know HHDL won’t like knowing he’s using his students as mudras. What’s true and false, right and wrong here? Honestly, I would like some clarity on the subject. I’d also like to know besides possibly trolling if you have any connection with the subject matter and can shed some light on it?
Is that fact or fiction? That is basically make or break.
To become a rain man one must master the ten virtues and sciences.
Natan

Post by Natan »

Motova wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:43 pm
tobes wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:53 am Reading the OP more carefully definitely raises some red flags.

If one wants to know what has really corrupted the Vajrayana in the west - often discussed on this forum - it's this kind of stuff.

I don't take kindly to the great legacy of Kongtrol, Khyentse Wangpo etc, being deployed to serve a deceptive means.
What are you talking about? No body is impugning a legacy. I just want to know if this guy is qualified. I’m not decided. But there is controversy surrounding the man. My question is: does that matter? I know what the KCT says about monks being best gurus, and gurus should be given consorts, even sacred prostitutes. I also k ow this lama has claimed he received a special degree from HHDL as master of all lineages (from his own website claims). So I also know HHDL won’t like knowing he’s using his students as mudras. What’s true and false, right and wrong here? Honestly, I would like some clarity on the subject. I’d also like to know besides possibly trolling if you have any connection with the subject matter and can shed some light on it?
Is that fact or fiction? That is basically make or break.
Also good question. Many questions about the guy.
Vajra fangs deliver vajra venom to your Mara body.
tobes

Post by tobes »

I'm not trolling sir. I have only posted on these boards three or four times in the last four years.

I am passing on knowledge I have received on the very question you asked, from the Tibetan community here in Australia, purely in the interests of protecting those who might establish samaya with the teacher in question.

As I mentioned, this knowledge is not necessarily veridical, but at very least, warrants further investigation.

If the knowledge is indeed true, it does indeed corrupt the legacy of the great 19th century Rime movement, given that the centre is called 'Rime' and the claimed degree from HHDL - himself a contemporary exemplar of that movement.

:anjali:
Natan

Post by Natan »

tobes wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:14 am

I'm not trolling sir. I have only posted on these boards three or four times in the last four years.

I am passing on knowledge I have received on the very question you asked, from the Tibetan community here in Australia, purely in the interests of protecting those who might establish samaya with the teacher in question.

As I mentioned, this knowledge is not necessarily veridical, but at very least, warrants further investigation.

If the knowledge is indeed true, it does indeed corrupt the legacy of the great 19th century Rime movement, given that the centre is called 'Rime' and the claimed degree from HHDL - himself a contemporary exemplar of that movement.

What are you passing on?
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

I'm genuinely interested in knowing if this teacher is qualified - there aren't a lot of people giving widespread public instruction on Kalachakra practice these days, it's a very important system, if this guy is the real deal then it would be good to know. But we must seek the truth from facts. In addition to the referee Malcolm suggested earlier, the other option would be (a) contacting HH DL's office for verification of the claimed title, and (b) looking for any information in the public domain on the alleged misconduct. (Not that absence of public information proves nonexistence of misconduct.)
tobes

Post by tobes »

Crazywisdom wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:29 am

What are you passing on?
Knowledge. To you.

Knowledge that I received from a very reputable Tibetan refugee, about how both he and the Tibetan community more generally regard the claims of Khentrul Rinpoche JL.

Be clear, I am not saying: believe my friend or me without equivocation. I am saying: this is what I found out when I was checking, and on that basis (the friend is very reliable, trustworthy and committed to the Dharma), there is no way known I would enter into a samaya relationship with that teacher. Even though, the path being presented looks extremely precious and rather rare.
Natan

Post by Natan »

tobes wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:46 am
Crazywisdom wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:29 am

What are you passing on?
Knowledge. To you.

Knowledge that I received from a very reputable Tibetan refugee, about how both he and the Tibetan community more generally regard the claims of Khentrul Rinpoche JL.

Be clear, I am not saying: believe my friend or me without equivocation. I am saying: this is what I found out when I was checking, and on that basis (the friend is very reliable, trustworthy and committed to the Dharma), there is no way known I would enter into a samaya relationship with that teacher. Even though, the path being presented looks extremely precious and rather rare.
OK I think I catch your meaning
Natan

Post by Natan »

So far the consensus of those close to the situation seems to be to stay very far away from this guy. So far nobody has said he is a great lama.

It just reminds me of the simple fact. This guys website smells like bullshit. It’s because of bullshit.
Charlie123

Post by Charlie123 »

Crazywisdom wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:54 am So far the consensus of those close to the situation seems to be to stay very far away from this guy. So far nobody has said he is a great lama.

It just reminds me of the simple fact. This guys website smells like bullshit. It’s because of bullshit.
Did you contact Michael Sheehy?
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

And the conversation will end on this note, until we have facts instead of unsubstantiated gossip.

If anybody has some facts, please contact me and I will open the thread for them to be posted.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Return to “Jonang”