Naga Naga Naga Naga

Help required with personal difficulties.
????

Naga Naga Naga Naga

Post by ???? »

I need drawings,paintings etc showing Nagas
Some traditional iconography, some symbols
may also be mantras associated with Them
On the internet we can find something but I'd like something something very special to redraw on my clothes

Special clothes to practice or those in which I go to the city

What you might recommend?
"Does it hurt being dead"??All beings are too dead to die
Loren Enders

Re: Naga Naga Naga Naga

Post by Loren Enders »

I don't know much about that but they did take some relics of Padampa Sangye and they like conch shells. I would just thank them for venerating the holy being and keeping their vows.

Also interested to hear what others have to say.

PS you don't want to redraw a conch shell on your clothes I don't think...but that is just my op. Also should get a calendar when best to make offerings.
'Lorem', 'Loren', 'Loren Enders'
maybay

Post by maybay »

Alex Beer is prolific with line drawings that would work well on a shirt. Me and a friend took his Naga King and projected it onto a larger canvas we hung on the wall. Then we traced it and coloured it in with acrylics.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Handbook-Tibeta ... 1932476032
People will know nothing and everything
Remember nothing and everything
Think nothing and everything
Do nothing and everything
- Machig Labdron
????

Post by ???? »

All practices causes some results,symptoms of realization right?
What are the symptoms of realization Naga's practices?
Heterodox Garden

Post by Heterodox Garden »

Recommended reading material of recent interest:
写経 仏典を訓読してみませんか
http://gallerynyoze.web.fc2.com/syakyo.html
????

Post by ???? »

Look what I found

http://thailand-amulets.net/#!/~/product/id=20897131

http://www.amulethut.com/?_escaped_frag ... d=20897131

But Im not sure its safety,I dont know waht is mean all symbols etc

http://thailand-amulets.net/paya-krut-d ... ory=835051

I dont even know WHY Nagas they are so...alluring/inviting/enticing for me.
Loren Enders

Post by Loren Enders »

The nagas kept the Hundred Thousand Verse Prajnaparamitra Sutra until the time that Nagarjuna retrieved it.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

???? wrote:
I dont even know WHY Nagas they are so...alluring/inviting/enticing for me.
Maybe you're a dragon in chinese horoscope? :smile:
????

Post by ???? »

No Im not,Im dog :)
Saoshun

Post by Saoshun »

That a good sign. If you develop further you will meet nagas in vision and all that. They are great dharma protectors.
????

Post by ???? »

Once I had interesting adventures, signs from Nagas...or maybe from my imagination...
Until I doubted,doubt as a symptom promises to be good practice,nevermind,anyway.

I had a dream about a snake from lake
That lake which I have near the house I mean, my possession is surrounded by a contaminated brook
while the lake and the source is a bit further.

The next day, after breakfast postman visit me with an envelope from girls which whom I do not even know
which whom I exchanged a few sentences accident on the web.

She wrote to me that she decided to send me a necklace with a dragon
She found him once taking a swim in the lake!

I got two dragons:one from lakes,second from jewelery boxes(extremely strong smell of opium).

Dragon from Lake hangs on the north wall
This with the scent of opium I sewed on my jacket near my heart.

After that as I ceased practice,I wanted to throw these dragons
Several times I dreamed about the same lake and snakes or dragons
Even robots like dragon :D these creatures wanted to bite me :) or just scare
I have them still probably I do not throw.

Today also I had a dream about seedling trees which began to veer
I wanted to straighten vainly,then stalk became pale pink(like amethyst)
Looked like worm,two worms or little snakes and then they became DNA
and I was glad that I have my own oak :p

Anyhow
I still doubt in practice and spiritual life
it was hard for me to force myself to write this,I hope someone will like my story
maybe somebody had similar?

PS
This brass-statue represents a winged Naga-kanya, a maiden with a serpent’s lower half. Almost all ancient mythologies world-over comprise the concept of half man-half serpent and half maiden-half serpent, often interacting with the world of man.

As regards the cult of man-serpent mixed forms, Indian mythology is far more elaborate though strangely while it talks with definiteness about different serpents and their lineage, about seven-eight of them being major having well defined line, role, personality, lands they ruled or influenced, and their related myths, it is almost conspicuously silent about Naga-kanyas except sometimes as wives of these Nagas or in some minor mythological contexts.

Ananta or Shesh, Vasuki, Takshaka, Karkotaka, Padma, Mahapadma, Shankhapala, Kulika among others are the names of some of the multi-hooded serpents, each heading a line, and each capable of taking to any form. Ananta, Vasuki and Takshaka are said to have been five-hooded. Maybe, the artist has conceived this five-hooded Naga-kanya as the wife of one of them.
This Naga-kanya statue blends three forms – woman, viper and bird. With their exceptional beauty Naga-kanyas have been conceived mostly as ‘apsaras’ – nymphs, the creatures of ocean as well as sky, and hence, often perceived as having wings, besides the serpent part. The figure’s lower half, below the waist, is a mighty serpent. It is so massive in breadth that the figure’s upper part seems to emerge out of it. Except her five hoods over her head, the upper half of the statue is an absolute woman with fine features and glowing face, young, vigorous, beautiful or rather sensuously modeled. Unlinked with the statue’s lower serpent-part the five hoods, more like a thing grafted rather than something grown over her head, serve as her crown without distorting her form as a woman.

With a conch in her hands the figure of the Naga-kanya is obviously in the prayer mode making an offering. Though the deity, the offering is made to, is not known, the conch being Lord Vishnu’s attribute, the Naga-kanya might be seen as offering it to him. Being a creature of the ocean, and the conch, ocean’s product quite within her reach, for the Naga-kanya the conch might have been the most natural thing to offer to Lord Vishnu. Perhaps a forgotten context in a myth or legend, the Naga-kanya is seeking to please Lord Vishnu so that he commands the Great Bird Garuda, his vehicle, not to destroy the Nagas’ race. Mythical bird Garuda, something like a divine transform of eagle, is serpents’ traditional enemy. Maybe, the image refers to the mythical occasion when principal Nagas, perhaps with their consorts, went to Brahmadeva – Vishnu, seeking his intervention in the Sarpa-yajna – a sacrificial ritual, performed by Janameyaja, a context comprising part of the great epic Mahabharata. Mythology refers to numerous Sarpa-yajnas performed from time to time seeking to eliminate serpents. The statue might also be seen as representing an occasion from any of these other Sarpa-yajnas.

This description by Prof. P.C. Jain and Dr. Daljeet. Prof. Jain specializes on the aesthetics of literature and is the author of numerous books on Indian art and culture. Dr. Daljeet is the curator of the Miniature Painting Gallery, National Museum, New Delhi. They have both collaborated together on a number of books.

Naga-kanya
In my country,Kania Ruda It looks like this
Rarashek /Rarog ,Solar Deity with Svarog,like Garuda and Vishnu

Kania Ruda and GaRuda :)

Winged Snake Deity. With wings and a human head, this wooden snake-deity figurine is from the tomb of Pharaoh Amenhotep II (1427 to 1400 B.C.)
Egyptian Naga or Garuda?Horus is the same class of beings like Garudas?
Naga Kanya with wings represent Naga and Garuda union?

Minoan Snake Goddess in Crete

Mercury as the Egyptian Thoth

Anubis with kerykeion (this performance, however, differs significantly from the original, perhaps by Anubis relationship with the world of the Dead)

Veles, the god of the lower world, land of the dead,wolfish shepherd,also known as dragon
https://bialczynski.files.wordpress.com ... sja-21.jpg

Mermaid on Old Warsaw ledger dating from 1659

Mermaid is Naga,I'm sure,even the capital city of Warsaw it is one of Indra names Wasawa

Loren Enders

Post by Loren Enders »

Never a naga but I have seen something similar to this except panthera. Mayan Jaguar Warrior.

Thomas Amundsen

Post by Thomas Amundsen »

EarthMudra wrote:Never a naga but I have seen something similar to this except panthera. Mayan Jaguar Warrior.

That is insane detail for a tattoo. Looks like a photograph printed on his body.
ClearblueSky

Post by ClearblueSky »

I hate to be "this guy", since I'm often telling people on the forum they're too superstitious but... you may want to be very careful with the whole naga on a shirt thing. Nagas are known to be very feisty and moody depending on the day. I received a Naga Sadhana from Acharya Dawa Chhodak Rinpoche, and I remember him telling us that if you associate with the nagas correctly at the right times and days it's beneficial, but if you do things on the wrong days, or even if you're doing something on those right days the nagas don't like (small things like wearing a cologne they hate, or eating meat that day) while in the process of attempting to associate positively with them, they will cause bad results. Nagas can be associated with diseases and natural disasters, not just guarding scriptures and protecting Buddhas. That is why a ton of practices mention protection from Nagas.
????

Post by ???? »

I know all of it but my current/present state of mind makes is not important to me to avoid suffering
In a few months ChNN has to visit Poland,once He gave initiation into the practice of Nagas in webcast

I wanted to take part in meeting with Rinpoche few years ago but
something happened with me a few months ago and now I do not want
I do not care, just as I do not care whether will appear more suffering. :shrug:

PS.Some monster wanted eat me in a dream - I did not defend myself,"You can eat me, I do not care about it"
Now in my dreams I find plenty weapons and I fight with other...beings
Saoshun

Post by Saoshun »

It's sign of too much fire in the body (in the european traditional medicine too much choler in the blood) but Malco would explain it better for you I guess, you must get checked because dreams like this in TCM (traditional chinese medicine) shows imbalances in the body.
????

Post by ???? »

Choler?...cholesterol?
Saoshun

Post by Saoshun »

ClearblueSky

Post by ClearblueSky »

Reading what you've said about those dreams, it sounds very similar to my past "naga experience". I was having weird dreams and practice issues, so I had a divination done, and apparently the nagas weren't super happy with me, or the people near me (I too had a lake/pond right behind the house where I was living at the time). It's very respectable that you aren't worried about feeling more suffering, but remember- your health and ability to practice isn't just for you, it's for all sentient beings. Sometimes being selfless means taking care of yourself. I wish you had access to a lama, but if you want to do naga offerings, it's honestly not that hard, you just have to follow their "rules" and they'll be happy:

Offer little bowls of milk and sweets like dried fruit. Do it after you've showered in the morning. Don't eat any meat or garlic/spicy/smelly foods before that... if you want to be super safe just eat after you offer. Most importantly do it on the right days. If I were you I'd also hang a yantra or picture of Garuda above your head of your bed. This is not going to hurt the nagas, and you can still do offerings outside. But you've got a lot going on in your dreams. That's my advice since you strongly want to interact with the nagas, but I should say the "I'm not a Lama" disclaimer. But here is a link to naga days for this year with some explanation:
http://www.prayerflags.com/naga_days.asp
And I'd suggest printing out something like this and hanging it over the head of your bed:
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

Clear Blue Sky,

I appreciate your helpfulness to ????, but don't yantras like this have to be consecrated to be effective?
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ

Return to “Help Required”