Terrible

Help required with personal difficulties.
gloriasteinem

Terrible

Post by gloriasteinem »

I always get sick before job interviews. The only time I was healthy at a job interview was when a company made consecutive open interviews I was not invited to and I was feeling great. But not now. I don't know how much interviews I both missed never to go or even went terribly sick to be unable to say simple things. Probably around 20 to 40. It's a huge number. I even got twice or three times a gob after going to interview sick.

But this time I got interview from a real big company, like top world and I think I'm dying, literary. :(
Dan74
Former staff member

Re: Terrible

Post by Dan74 »

Maybe take two panadeine (panadol with codeine), gloria, and do some steady breathing/prayers/chants to steady your mind?

If it's possible to reschedule, call them, otherwise catch a taxi and once you are there and tell them that you are sick and apologise that you might not be in the best form. They will appreciate your dedication to have come even when you're feeling so bad and cut you lots of slack.

Good luck!!!

_/|\_
dan
Bakmoon

Post by Bakmoon »

If you are having sudden onset anxiety problems like this, I would advise that you talk to a doctor and ask about getting an as needed prescription for a low dose of a beta blocker such as propranolol. These medications lower the blood pressure and can relieve a lot of anxiety symptoms in a very safe and nonaddictive way. Doctors commonly prescribe it for things like stage fright for example.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Best wishes!
When my stage fright is too big, I do a breathing excercise. Sit on a chair, grab your knees and breathe "into" them. Let the breath flow, just perceive...
I think the good wishes and prayers from the users of this board can be a real help also. :smile:
gloriasteinem

Post by gloriasteinem »

Dan74 wrote:Maybe take two panadeine (panadol with codeine), gloria, and do some steady breathing/prayers/chants to steady your mind?

If it's possible to reschedule, call them, otherwise catch a taxi and once you are there and tell them that you are sick and apologise that you might not be in the best form. They will appreciate your dedication to have come even when you're feeling so bad and cut you lots of slack.

Good luck!!!

_/|\_
dan
I got arsenic poisoning this time. It's not even a flue. I wondered why the washing powder has become so cheap recently around here. And I do mean a lot of trade marks went much cheaper. I did a lot of laundry for 3 days, because I had sun here to dry the clothes and so first I felt nausea but I thought its something else like my cat was about to get birth. She has now 4 babies. And of course my urination is very painful (as in a poisoning, I had once arsenic poisoning from a dentist before so unfortunately I know how it goes, together with the pain and numbness, and paralysis).

It's really horrible. I'm sorry to wrote it down here but last night I felt terrible. I do have hesitations and worries before job and together with this was bad, but I made prayer and I tried to order things in my aching head so at least not to have the worries. I cannot reshedule. Companies don't do that. Honestly right now I cannot think about them, I'll have the interview but I hope I survive after this bullshit poisoning.

What is interesting actually is that although I had nausea and pain etc. even before last night te real hurt occurred after I used headphones for a few hours. I wouldn't say very healthy headphones since they are placed "inside" the ear. I am actress in some way this sound resonating in my ears worsened the condition. I don't know why. I think it unlocked in a bad way the poisoning, acting as a "biochemical" activator. Any way, it's really bad, I don't know what to say :(
gloriasteinem

Post by gloriasteinem »

Bakmoon wrote:If you are having sudden onset anxiety problems like this, I would advise that you talk to a doctor and ask about getting an as needed prescription for a low dose of a beta blocker such as propranolol. These medications lower the blood pressure and can relieve a lot of anxiety symptoms in a very safe and nonaddictive way. Doctors commonly prescribe it for things like stage fright for example.
Well; for one thing you are right: I really had a high blood pressure not only but heart beating before it but I calmed down. I don't want to take these before events when I need my aching head coz I might get too dumb honestly. Aching and pressure are good, being dumb - no good lol. I mean it. Usually when I have temperature I just feel I can't think well and it was one of the reasons previously to simply not go. I wrote it here because I firmly believe now it is something about my karma. It's just not normal. Whether be flue or poisoning, it's not normal to be ok months before that and suddenly for the interview to drop down like that. I also suspect myself of being innerly making bad tricks to my own self?!?

Anyway it went very well although I felt a bit tired at the end. So I feel relief now. I really don't like to put down other people so I try to do even when not very well. Once I even went to repair a computer when feeling very unwell because of my period but to be honest when I did repair it I felt much better heh!

(Also above I see a few mistakes because I submitted without reading it, so it's the auto replacement of words, it's not exactly what I was trying to say if you wonder about my "broken English", I don't preview usually but maybe I have to start because the second paragraph is a bit like nonsense)

Anyway, thank you that you were with me, it helped a lot, I am trying to drink more water and get it out.
gloriasteinem

Post by gloriasteinem »

Ayu wrote:Best wishes!
When my stage fright is too big, I do a breathing excercise. Sit on a chair, grab your knees and breathe "into" them. Let the breath flow, just perceive...
I think the good wishes and prayers from the users of this board can be a real help also. :smile:
I'll try this breathing too!
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

You could ask your doctor about prescribing you some Propranolol, it is a blood pressure medicine that is also prescribed for stage freight. Actors and musicians use it all the time.

I take it for anxiety. Works well.
Thus shall ye think of all this fleeting world:
A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream;
A flash of lightning in a summer cloud,
A flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Jesse wrote:...Actors and musicians use it all the time.
They shouldn't. A normal stage fright is good for the tension and concentration.
gloriasteinem

Post by gloriasteinem »

Ayu wrote:
Jesse wrote:...Actors and musicians use it all the time.
They shouldn't. A normal stage fright is good for the tension and concentration.
I never thought they were taking these. When I was having piano lessons we will have small performances and I have noticed some of the students are just very relaxed and play well but other like me look very tensioned and worrisome. For example later when I have to speak in public I would have more confidence but still have the physical reaction. But to be honest having these is not what I say unhealthy. For the one interview I said I was only very healthy - I had a lot of rush and probably went red in face but I was feeling strong and healthy. It's true that I meditated for long hours a week before that. And I was feeling indeed very well, I self invited myself there :D. It's seems to me they are not taking me for a second interview but I was feeling myself great. I said everything I had to, so the problem this time did not lie in me. You know some people can be envious that's not very religious stuff but you know also you cannot expect to meet religious people in work circumstances so I think the one guy was like a bit angry that I look actually happy and healthy inside. It have happened to me before. I don't say it happens all the time but it does happen. Also I did have much bigger rush than now but obviously my organism was taking it very well! Maybe I should just meditate a lot more. When we talk I really start to analyse what the problem is. As Ayu said, some tension is normal and can be good, but probably you should be very healthy to handle it. Maybe that is the answer.
Dan74
Former staff member

Post by Dan74 »

Really happy to hear your interview went well, gs!!! :twothumbsup:

Hope you feel better soon.

_/|\_
d
gloriasteinem

Post by gloriasteinem »

Obviously I have brain hemmorhage due to the "incident". Funnily, I made a small investigation on the earphones, seems like they have this so called "bullet shape & design", so obviously its like a bullet into your brain. Also obviously the manufacturers and target companies (the apple), etc. got somehow upset about my little investigation so now I have my sound device on computer called an offensive name, yes, I've been hacked, also obviously with the brain hemmorhage I have a lower IQ that the hacker feels like its funny and addressed it in the "new" name of the called device. Funny story, right?
Last edited by gloriasteinem on Wed May 06, 2015 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gloriasteinem

Post by gloriasteinem »

And this is only after I recovered today for being able to move normally actually. And get out of bed. Also my hemorrhage IQ is 120, its not like I am an actual idiot, although buying earphones called "bullet shaped" (and probably designed after the sound weapon research made in resent years) makes me an idiot, I dont know. I thought my excuse is that they are sold massively in stores.
ClearblueSky

Post by ClearblueSky »

gloriasteinem wrote:Obviously I have brain hemmorhage due to the "incident". Funnily, I made a small investigation on the earphones, seems like they have this so called "bullet shape & design", so obviously its like a bullet into your brain. Also obviously the manufacturers and target companies (the apple), etc. got somehow upset about my little investigation so now I have my sound device on computer called an offensive name, yes, I've been hacked, also obviously with the brain hemmorhage I have a lower IQ that the hacker feels like its funny and addressed it in the "new" name of the called device. Funny story, right?
Gloriasteinem I'm glad things went well with your interview and I appreciate your dedication to the Dharma, so please understand that I'm saying the following out of care for a fellow practitioner, with no disrespect AT ALL intended: A number of your posts really, genuinely concern me and I can't imagine I'm the only one. From what you are describing about the improbable timing of actually getting sick, to the alleged arsenic poisoning, to thinking you have a brain hemorrhage, to companies/electronics targeting you, to a hacker hacking you and "lowering your IQ to 120", to some of the other manic postings you've done I can't follow... this really looks like a serious case of an untreated mental illness. I'm not a doctor, and I wouldn't be so rude to put a label on you, but anyone who has cared for someone with schizophrenia/severe bipolar disorder/anxiety disorders is going to see something very familiar about your posts. I'm not shaming you and I've had to deal with mental illness myself, which is partially why some of this looks so familiar. I really urge you to see a psychiatrist (they can't force you to take pills you don't want), or at least a doctor or psychologist. Can't hurt right? Maybe I'm totally wrong. I'm not calling you crazy, I just hate to see someone suffering so much, and regardless of what's true you may be worrying yourself sick my dear friend. Please just take it for what it's worth.
gloriasteinem

Post by gloriasteinem »

Nickname ClearblueSky,

I will be honest. I come here to share, not to learn Buddhism. There is nothing I can learn from you for example, maybe I've learned something from David Schnyder in one of his topics. But that was all. Also I once enjoyed a preyer by Ayu.

So I come here to share any kind of bullshit that goes in my life. I don't care personally if you believe it is possible or not of it to be true. You are a kind of simplistic and not informed person that I would not need any help from. I can assure you my mental condition is much better than yours. I know it is scary of such thing to happen, but it's only thanks to US sound technology "developments" I've come to this. Also arsenic poisoning is some of the hidden from modern society unhealthy "situations". I don't think dentistry wants at all to acknowledge how much it does not understand its own area and thus using arsenic in the past but also in present. Blood letting is one other practice that priorly had lethal effect on patients. Also using arsenic as a powder ingredient is a very mean thing to do but was done by our home company and not the large international ones. Also I can sue that company. And literary lift them to the ground as they deserve.

I also dont think alarming of health risks (because I am aware in chemistry / medicine ) is an insane thing to do, even if I mostly let my emotions here. But yet again this is a Buddhist place and a forum for sharing. Not court so that I have to behave formally.

Not yet, right?

Return to “Help Required”