tibetan keyboard

Looking for translations, or for help with translations and transliterations? This is the place.
diamind

tibetan keyboard

Post by diamind »

tibetan keyboard TCC 1#

Can anyone tell me the correct finger positions?
Palzang Jangchub

Re: tibetan keyboard

Post by Palzang Jangchub »

Is this what you're looking for? UVA has documentation that might include a keyboard map. https://collab.itc.virginia.edu/wiki/ti ... an%21.html

If that's not the TCC you're referring to, it might help to elaborate and tell us what exactly you mean by that three letter acronym.

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ
diamind

Post by diamind »

Karma Jinpa wrote:Is this what you're looking for? UVA has documentation that might include a keyboard map. https://collab.itc.virginia.edu/wiki/ti ... an%21.html

If that's not the TCC you're referring to, it might help to elaborate and tell us what exactly you mean by that three letter acronym.
I have the layout map. I'm interested in the finger positions. Which digit is responsible for which keys for touch typing.

I don't know what TTC is. But there's seems to be 2 common keyboard layouts and I'm interested in TTC 1#
Palzang Jangchub

Post by Palzang Jangchub »

Can't be of any help to you there, I'm afraid. Learned to type decently quickly with the "hunt and peck" method of typing for English, no less Tibetan. Never got the whole "home row" thing down.

And I have no more clue about (TCC? TTC?) than you do, apparently. Best of luck! Tibetan language adventures are tons of fun.

Persinally, I find Denjong TibType the most intuitive and easiest to use among the various keyboards out there...

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ
diamind

Post by diamind »

Palzang Jangchub wrote:Can't be of any help to you there, I'm afraid. Learned to type decently quickly with the "hunt and peck" method of typing for English, no less Tibetan. Never got the whole "home row" thing down.

And I have no more clue about (TCC? TTC?) than you do, apparently. Best of luck! Tibetan language adventures are tons of fun.

Persinally, I find Denjong TibType the most intuitive and easiest to use among the various keyboards out there...

TCC = Tibetan Computer Company created by Tony Duff possibly the first company to produce a word processor for working with tibetan language. He has some really supreme products, his dictionary is expensive but worth every penny, he also has a 2 volume commentry on Tibetan grammar which is outstanding and I'd highly recommend to anyone learning Tibetan.

Return to “Language”