Ratnamegha - intrinsic nature

Looking for translations, or for help with translations and transliterations? This is the place.
Post Reply
User avatar
Nicholas Weeks
Posts: 3711
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:21 am
Location: California

Ratnamegha - intrinsic nature

Post by Nicholas Weeks » Fri May 10, 2019 4:10 pm

Thanks to the 84,000 translation group this magnificent sutra is now in English.

For those who can read the Tibetan original of this sutra, what is the Sanskrit equivalent of 'intrinsic nature' ?

The sutra seems to make it a synonym for suchness or reality etc.
Glorious one, creator of all goodness, Mañjuśrī, his glorious eminence!
Manjushri-namasamgiti

User avatar
Sherab
Posts: 1323
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:28 am

Re: Ratnamegha - intrinsic nature

Post by Sherab » Sun May 12, 2019 12:43 am

Nicholas Weeks wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 4:10 pm
Thanks to the 84,000 translation group this magnificent sutra is now in English.

For those who can read the Tibetan original of this sutra, what is the Sanskrit equivalent of 'intrinsic nature' ?

The sutra seems to make it a synonym for suchness or reality etc.
chos nyid (dharmata)

User avatar
Nicholas Weeks
Posts: 3711
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:21 am
Location: California

Re: Ratnamegha - intrinsic nature

Post by Nicholas Weeks » Sun May 12, 2019 12:58 am

Sherab wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 12:43 am
Nicholas Weeks wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 4:10 pm
Thanks to the 84,000 translation group this magnificent sutra is now in English.

For those who can read the Tibetan original of this sutra, what is the Sanskrit equivalent of 'intrinsic nature' ?

The sutra seems to make it a synonym for suchness or reality etc.
chos nyid (dharmata)
To be crystal clear - the Tibetan text of the Ratnamegha that you examined uses chos nyid which is then translated as 'intrinsic nature'?

Just wanted to avoid hearing about a commonly used term that this sutra might have or probably used.
Glorious one, creator of all goodness, Mañjuśrī, his glorious eminence!
Manjushri-namasamgiti

User avatar
Sherab
Posts: 1323
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:28 am

Re: Ratnamegha - intrinsic nature

Post by Sherab » Sun May 12, 2019 1:17 am

Nicholas Weeks wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 12:58 am
Sherab wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 12:43 am
Nicholas Weeks wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 4:10 pm
Thanks to the 84,000 translation group this magnificent sutra is now in English.

For those who can read the Tibetan original of this sutra, what is the Sanskrit equivalent of 'intrinsic nature' ?

The sutra seems to make it a synonym for suchness or reality etc.
chos nyid (dharmata)
To be crystal clear - the Tibetan text of the Ratnamegha that you examined uses chos nyid which is then translated as 'intrinsic nature'?

Just wanted to avoid hearing about a commonly used term that this sutra might have or probably used.
Noble son, the statement that all phenomena are devoid of self is rational and in accord with the intrinsic nature.
རིགས་ཀྱི་བུ་དེ་ལ་ཆོས་ཐམས་ཅད་བདག་མེད་པ་ཞེས་བྱ་བ་འདི་ནི་རིགས་པའོ། །འདི་ནི་ཆོས་ཉིད་དང་འཐུན་པའོ།

The statement that all phenomena are devoid of a sentient being and a life force is rational. It is a statement that is in accord with the intrinsic nature.
།ཆོས་ཐམས་ཅད་སེམས་ཅན་མེད་པ་སྲོག་མེད་པ་ཞེས་བྱ་བ་འདི་ནི་རིགས་པའོ། །འདི་ནི་ཆོས་ཉིད་དང་འཐུན་པའོ།

Noble son, that which accords with the intrinsic nature is rational.
།རིགས་ཀྱི་བུ་གང་ཆོས་ཉིད་དང་འཐུན་པ་དེ་ནི་རིགས་པའོ།

Whatever does not conflict with the intrinsic nature is rational. Whatever is not a distortion of the intrinsic nature is rational. That which leads to the intrinsic nature is rational. That which reveals the intrinsic nature is rational.
།གང་ཆོས་ཉིད་དང་མི་འགལ་བ་དེ་ནི་རིགས་པའོ། །གང་ཆོས་ཉིད་ལས་མི་འཁྲུལ་བ་དེ་ནི་རིགས་པའོ། །གང་ཆོས་ཉིད་ལ་འབབ་པ་དེ་ནི་རིགས་པའོ། །གང་ཆོས་ཉིད་སྟོན་པ་དེ་ནི་རིགས་པའོ། །

User avatar
Nicholas Weeks
Posts: 3711
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:21 am
Location: California

Re: Ratnamegha - intrinsic nature

Post by Nicholas Weeks » Sun May 12, 2019 2:20 am

Splendid Sherab! :bow: :bow: :bow:

[from 366 of 84K version]
Glorious one, creator of all goodness, Mañjuśrī, his glorious eminence!
Manjushri-namasamgiti

Post Reply

Return to “Language”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests