Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche

Here we can publicise upcoming dharma events (talks, retreats, webcasts, etc).
Pero

Re: Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche

Post by Pero »

Aryjna wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:32 am It sounds like it will continue. But maybe it won't be webcasted from now on. Does anyone know?
I asked, they won't be webcasted.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Pero wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:32 pm
Aryjna wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:32 am It sounds like it will continue. But maybe it won't be webcasted from now on. Does anyone know?
I asked, they won't be webcasted.
Thanks.
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

On day 2 session2 in the morning, CNR gave a lung but I can't make out the name of the text in the video. He was reading from a red softcover book.
Anyone know?
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Lhasa wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:45 pm On day 2 session2 in the morning, CNR gave a lung but I can't make out the name of the text in the video. He was reading from a red softcover book.
Anyone know?
It is the main text.

The mp3 download for day 7 part 1 is the only one not working. Has anyone downloaded it?
Pero

Post by Pero »

Aryjna wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:25 pm
Lhasa wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:45 pm On day 2 session2 in the morning, CNR gave a lung but I can't make out the name of the text in the video. He was reading from a red softcover book.
Anyone know?
It is the main text.

The mp3 download for day 7 part 1 is the only one not working. Has anyone downloaded it?
Tried, not working. Also number 17 isn't working either (session with Lama Tenzin).

Edit: Actually they had already solved the problem - you have to click on "details" and it directs you to a download link which works.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Pero wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:33 pm
Aryjna wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:25 pm
Anyone know?
It is the main text.

Tried, not working. Also number 17 isn't working either (session with Lama Tenzin).

Edit: Actually they had already solved the problem - you have to click on "details" and it directs you to a download link which works.
Thanks, I downloaded it now
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Around a year ago Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche gave the lung etc. for Kunzang Monlam in Spain and it was streamed on facebook. I think it was on the facebook page of a Spanish dharma center but I can't find it. Does anyone have the link?

Edit: found it after all: https://www.facebook.com/casadeldharmacdmx/
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Aryjna wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:02 pm Around a year ago Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche gave the lung etc. for Kunzang Monlam in Spain and it was streamed on facebook. I think it was on the facebook page of a Spanish dharma center but I can't find it. Does anyone have the link?

Does CNR consider recorded lungs valid for transmission?
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

amanitamusc wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:50 pm
Aryjna wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:02 pm Around a year ago Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche gave the lung etc. for Kunzang Monlam in Spain and it was streamed on facebook. I think it was on the facebook page of a Spanish dharma center but I can't find it. Does anyone have the link?

Does CNR consider recorded lungs valid for transmission?
I don't think so, but he gives this lung often it seems.
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

So is the consensus here that CNR is the real deal?
Pero

Post by Pero »

Probably yes. :smile:
- Shabkar
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Lhasa wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:42 pm So is the consensus here that CNR is the real deal?
Yes, I'd say so. I met some of his students and they cannot say anything but praise him. And in general I get a very good vibe (from the fact that for some sadhanas you can offer price you can afford, etc.)
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

Lhasa wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:42 pm So is the consensus here that CNR is the real deal?
:jawdrop:

Has anybody ever doubted it?
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
PSM

Post by PSM »

CNR I my root teacher, but trying to be objective, these are some of the qualities I've seen in him:
He is the kindest lama I've ever met - very, very gentle, and treats everyone with the same level of respect
He has a very, very strong impact on people at his seminars - his teachings on the nature of mind and kindness are incredibly strong
I've never seen him in any kind of negative mood, ever
He's the oldest son of Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche, so has had the very best teachers since birth
He has a remarkable level of intuition - even TUR would ask him for advice
He has become the main teacher of Erik Pema Kunzang, providing incredible support for someone who has been vital for spreading Tibetan Buddhism to the west
He provides excellent shedra education for westerners, training top-notch teachers and translators (ie Thomas Doctor, Heidi Koppl etc.)
And he wrote the forward to Malcolm's translation of Buddhahood in This Life :smile:
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

treehuggingoctopus wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:22 am
:jawdrop:

Has anybody ever doubted it?
This seminar is the first I've heard of him. Let's say he made a huge impression, even at 2am. :smile:
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Could someone explain what ' Transference of Realization, Transference of Blessings' lineage means? One translator called it the first, another translator called it the second. Same thing?

Return to “Dharma Events”