Live webcast May 14 Service and Spirituality

Here we can publicise upcoming dharma events (talks, retreats, webcasts, etc).
Lhasa

Live webcast May 14 Service and Spirituality

Post by Lhasa »

Saturday, May 14, 2016, 3–4:30 p.m. Eastern Time U.S. (New York time)
FREE LIVE WEBCAST
Service and Spirituality

Service to others can be a natural extension and expression of one's spiritual practice. Yet, often we miss the opportunity for connection—trying to serve without a spiritual basis, or practicing meditation without concern for benefiting others.

In this free live webcast, Geshe Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche guides a meditation and discusses how serving others can enhance your spiritual growth. He explains the right vs. wrong ways to serve your spiritual community, and how spiritual practice can help you to:

Deal with conflict in your efforts to benefit others.
Understand that it’s not about you—it’s about them.
Connect with an open sense of collective purpose.
Generate positive intentions before serving others.

This webcast is Part 4 of a free, six-month course on Transforming Your World Through Service and is open to all (viewing Parts 1-3 is not required).

Real-time translation will be offered in as many as 12 languages.

http://ligmincha.org/en/programs/broadc ... anslations

Register:

http://app.webinarjam.net/register/1693/5ff8e1875a
Kunga Dekyi

Re: Live webcast May 14 Service and Spirituality

Post by Kunga Dekyi »

Thank you, Lhasa, for this link. I registered for the webcast on the 14th and just finished watching the previous teaching from April. Wonderful! This is perfect for my present situation - I am recovering from surgery on my leg last week and have much time to devote to the Dharma. What I have found online, including the discovery of Dharma Wheel, has helped me greatly through the pain and emotions of this experience. I am very grateful for this refocus of my practice. I cannot in any way claim to have successfully transmuted my suffering for the benefit of others, but I am trying. Thank you, again. - Kunga Dekyi
TADYATA OM BHEKHANDZYE BHEKHANDZYE MAHA BHEKHANDZYE BHEKHANDZYE RAJA SAMUDGATE SVAHA
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Hello,Kunga Dekyi,
You are most welcome. There is also a recorded series of webcasts on the True Source of Healing, also from Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche, at this link on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEupe-Z ... LVJ7fHvHhj

Warm Wishes,
Lhasa
Kunga Dekyi

Post by Kunga Dekyi »

This webcast was wonderful! Rinpoche was so clear and inspiring. I also did not expect to be led in meditation practice. A delight. Future webcasts are one my calendar. Your in Dharma - Kunga Dekyi
TADYATA OM BHEKHANDZYE BHEKHANDZYE MAHA BHEKHANDZYE BHEKHANDZYE RAJA SAMUDGATE SVAHA

Return to “Dharma Events”