Dzongsar Khyentse Losar Resounding + Lung Livestream Feb 26/27

Here we can publicise upcoming dharma events (talks, retreats, webcasts, etc).
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Re: Dzongsar Khyentse Losar Resounding + Lung Livestream Feb 26/27

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

amanitamusc wrote:Who were the two Lama's he received these three Ngondro's from?
The kagyu ngöndro comes from the 16th Karmapa and the other two I am not sure.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
ratna

Post by ratna »

dzogchungpa wrote:Does anyone by any chance have a Chetsun Nyingthik Ngondro text, Tibetan and/or English, handy?
Tibetan's here.

R
Boomerang

Post by Boomerang »

Well, I've never received ngondro instructions from a teacher in person, so I don't know how I would make use of these lungs. They're still nice to have, though.
amanitamusc wrote:Who were the two Lama's he received these three Ngondro's from?
I remember him saying he received Longchen Nyinthig and Chetsun Nyinthig from Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, and the Kagyu Mahamudra ngondro from the 16th Karmapa.
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

ratna wrote:
dzogchungpa wrote:Does anyone by any chance have a Chetsun Nyingthik Ngondro text, Tibetan and/or English, handy?
Tibetan's here.

R
Thanks, I think this is the text his group will be using:
https://www.tbrc.org/#library_work_View ... 6%7CW27887
which might be the same as the other one but with commentary by Adzom Drukpa.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

BTW, the livestream was recorded and can be viewed online. If you click play below it should start at the time when he begins discussing ngondro:

phpBB [video]

Apparently Rinpoche is going to do ngondro again. :smile:
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Punya

Post by Punya »

amanitamusc wrote:
Punya wrote:
Boomerang wrote:What is the significance of Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche giving those lungs? Would it make everyone who watches the livestream his ngondro students?
I'm no expert either but my guess Is that the lungs are for Rinpoche's existing students and that the ngondro of an individual student would be supervised by one of his senior students.

Perhaps the offer of the lungs has come about due to the demise of the Dharma Das program.

Rather than acting on our idle speculation, I suggest contacting [email protected].
He said nothing remotely close to your guess .

It does sound like an opportunity for Dharma Das students as well as others.
HOW TO JOIN THE NGONDRO GAR:
Following in Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche's footsteps, the Ngondro Gar starts today, February 27, 2017. If you are interested in practicing Ngondro (preliminary practices), and want more information about the Ngondro Gar, please visit the new website: http://www.ngondrogar.org/
We abide nowhere. We possess nothing.
~Chatral Rinpoche

Return to “Dharma Events”