Loppon Ogyan Tanzin Rinpoche European Teaching Tour 2017

Here we can publicise upcoming dharma events (talks, retreats, webcasts, etc).
Lhasa

Re: Loppon Ogyan Tanzin Rinpoche European Teaching Tour 2017

Post by Lhasa »

Rejoicing :twothumbsup:
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Interested to see these references to mind treasures. So he is a Terton? That's not mentioned in his Rigpa wiki page. Tertons are generally prophesied (often in prior ter) and vetted as many here have pointed out in questioning the authenticity of a white Brit claiming to be a terton.. should we not be equally inquisitive about Tibetans who claim new terma? As far as I'm concerned, the more Tertons on the planet the better.. but I am curious to learn more since I've been hearing about this Ngakpa Lama for years and I recall a reference to a Kali practice he developed from a vision but this is the first I've heard reference to "'mind treasure" which means terma... which has a precise definition...
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
KristenM

Post by KristenM »

Grigoris wrote:
TharpaChodron wrote:Cool pics. I have this desire to do Dharma travel and just fly around the world attending teachings and retreats. Especially in Europe, for some reason. :shrug: I guess if I can get enough advance notice of events it could happen one day. Suggestions would be awesome. :bow:
Well, Rinpoche is going to need an assistant in Europe next year, so... :smile:

Be prepared for making LOTS of torma...
hmm, sounds enticing! but i may need to start small...making medicine balls
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Adamantine wrote:Interested to see these references to mind treasures. So he is a Terton? That's not mentioned in his Rigpa wiki page. Tertons are generally prophesied (often in prior ter) and vetted as many here have pointed out in questioning the authenticity of a white Brit claiming to be a terton.. should we not be equally inquisitive about Tibetans who claim new terma? As far as I'm concerned, the more Tertons on the planet the better.. but I am curious to learn more since I've been hearing about this Ngakpa Lama for years and I recall a reference to a Kali practice he developed from a vision but this is the first I've heard reference to "'mind treasure" which means terma... which has a precise definition...
No, according to the "strict" definition Rinpoche is not a Terton. He is not even a Tulku so how can he be a Terton? These teachings are Pure Visions.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Grigoris wrote:No, according to the "strict" definition Rinpoche is not a Terton. He is not even a Tulku so how can he be a Terton? These teachings are Pure Visions.
Being a recognized tulku is not a precondition for being a terton.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Malcolm wrote:
Grigoris wrote:No, according to the "strict" definition Rinpoche is not a Terton. He is not even a Tulku so how can he be a Terton? These teachings are Pure Visions.
A Terton has to be one of the 25 disciples of the Guru Rinpoche, correct? So how can one be a Terton, without being a Tulku, given that they would have to be a rebirth of one of the 25 disciples?

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
jkarlins

Post by jkarlins »

Grigoris wrote:
jkarlins wrote:Thanks for the pictures, it looks great. Someone may have asked already, but does Rinpoche have any plans to come to the US anytime soon?
Rinpoche does not "plan" to go anywhere. People get organised, invite him, pay for his transport, accommodation and food and then he comes. He has been to the US in the past. I can chase down the organisers and you can bust their chops if you wish...

Or, if you want to be sure, you can talk to some people and together you can invite him. ;)
ok
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Grigoris wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
A Terton has to be one of the 25 disciples of the Guru Rinpoche, correct? So how can one be a Terton, without being a Tulku, given that they would have to be a rebirth of one of the 25 disciples?
Note that he said recognized Tulku, I am guessing that was the emphasis.
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Grigoris wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
One can be an emanation of Guru P, for example, Rigdzin Jatson Nyingpo.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Malcolm wrote:
Grigoris wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
One can be an emanation of Guru P, for example, Rigdzin Jatson Nyingpo.
Aaaaaaahhhh... an emanation and not a rebirth. Okay, I understand now.

Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

The crystal as a symbol of the nature of mind.

Rinpoche kicking ass in Warsaw, Poland.
crystal rinpoche2.jpg
crystal rinpoche2.jpg (60.49 KiB) Viewed 5559 times

Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

rinpoche1.jpg
rinpoche1.jpg (119.14 KiB) Viewed 5554 times
Me, pretending to understand what is going on... (fat chance)
rinpoche2.jpg
rinpoche2.jpg (138.27 KiB) Viewed 5554 times

amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Thanks for posting the pics .I rejoice in your good fortune!

I would love to meet this Rinpoche.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Rinpoche also gave us the lung for a prayer that he has written (found in his, as yet, untranslated extensive Mahadeva practice) where one calls/invites by name the dakini and ketrapala of each of the 51 sacred spots. He then gave an incredibly in depth explanation of the significance of each spot.

What I find impressive about Rinpoche is that he explains all these prayers and practices using his extensive historical research as well as his spiritual realisation.

treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

amanitamusc wrote:I would love to meet this Rinpoche.
An experience strongly recommended.

You can invite Loppon and organise a retreat pretty much on your own, btw. The only potential problem is securing the visas.
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
Karinos

Post by Karinos »

counting days to Austria course ... :woohoo:
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

An update on the Prague, Czech Republic Retreat:

Dear Dharma-friends

The Buddhist group Kanyingma kindly invites you to the course with Lopon Orgyan Tanzin Rinpoche in Prague in the Buddhist center Lotus. Rinpoche will give his own precious teachings, empowerment, and sadhana (meditation practice) of the Mahadeva Maheshvara (Shiva in Buddhist context).

Thursday, August 24th
10:00 Preparation for the empowerment, making of tormas
19:30 Public lecture in the Buddhist center Lotus: Tantric buddhism

Friday, August 25th
10:00 Preparation for the empowerment, meditation practice. It is the personal preparation of Rinpoche on one hand and our common practice on the other. Details will be communicated after Rinpoche's arrival.
18:00 Empowerment of Mahadeva Maheshvara in Buddhist Center Lotus

Saturday 26th August
Free day, excursion to Kostnice, in the evening arrival to the retreat, registration

Sunday 27 August - Tuesday 29 August morning
Retreat of the sadhana of the Mahadeva Maheshvara in Kozlov in the center of a member of our Sangha, more information about the place on svoboda.in

For the short retreat from Saturday 26 August to Tuesday registration is NECESSARY on [email protected]. For these two days we are looking for a very experienced cook. The minimum recommended donation / day is 250 Czech crowns (aprox. 10 EUR). Discounts possible on request (condition: active help on the place).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Liebe Dharma-Freunde

Die buddhistische Gruppe Kanyingma lädt euch ganz herzlich zum Kurs mit Lopon Orgyan Tanzin Rinpoche in Prag in buddhistischem Zentrum Lotus ein. Rinpoche wird seine eigenen kostbaren Belehrungen, Ermächtigung und Sadhana (Meditationspraxis) des Mahadeva Maheshvara geben (Shiva in buddhistischem Kontext).

Donnerstag 24. August
10:00 Vorbereitung für die Ermächtigung, Herstellung von Tormas
19:30 Öffentlicher Vortrag in buddhistischem Zentrum Lotus: Tantrischer Buddhismus

Freitag 25. August
10:00 Vorbereitung für die Ermächtigung, Praxis. Es handelt sich hier sowohl um die persönliche Vorbereitung von Rinpoche als auch um unsere gemeinsame Praxis. Details werden wir nach Rinpoche´s Ankunft kommunizieren.
18:00 Ermächtigung des Mahadeva Maheshvara in buddhistischem Zentrum Lotus

Samstag 26.August
Freier Tag, Ausflug nach Kostnice, am Abend Ankunft zum Retreat, Registration

Sonntag 27. August – Dienstag 29. August Morgen
Retreat der Sadhana des Mahadeva Maheshvara in Kozlov im Zentrum eines Mitglieds unserer Sangha, Details über den Ort auf svoboda.in

Für das kurze Retreat ab Samstag 26. August bis Dienstag ist die Registration auf [email protected] NOTWENDIG. Für diese zwei Tage suchen wir einen sehr erfahrenen Koch/Köchin. Der minimale empfohlene Beitrag / Tag ist 250 Tschechische Kronen(ca 10 EUR). Ermässigung nach der Absprache möglich (Voraussetzung: aktive Mithilfe vor Ort).

fckw

Post by fckw »

Any 2018 updates on this gentleman? Would be interested. Unfortunately some parts of the website don’t work.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

fckw wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:44 pm Any 2018 updates on this gentleman? Would be interested. Unfortunately some parts of the website don’t work.
viewtopic.php?f=85&t=28302

Return to “Dharma Events”