Lama Tsultrim Allione, Jan. 7

Here we can publicise upcoming dharma events (talks, retreats, webcasts, etc).
mechashivaz

Lama Tsultrim Allione, Jan. 7

Post by mechashivaz »

26026166_10155056106225776_8967086581954107856_o.jpg
26026166_10155056106225776_8967086581954107856_o.jpg (128.93 KiB) Viewed 4945 times
http://taramandala.org/14087/webcast-jan7/
Pero

Re: Lama Tsultrim Allione, Jan. 7

Post by Pero »

Is this Green Tara the same as we have it in Dzogchen Community or different (as I recall there was more than one Tara practice in AD's termas)?
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Pero wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:02 pm Is this Green Tara the same as we have it in Dzogchen Community or different (as I recall there was more than one Tara practice in AD's termas)?
Tārā is Tārā.
Pero

Post by Pero »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:26 pm
Pero wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:02 pm Is this Green Tara the same as we have it in Dzogchen Community or different (as I recall there was more than one Tara practice in AD's termas)?
Tārā is Tārā.
Come on man. :jumping:
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
pael

Post by pael »

Does she give commitments? What they are? What serious practitioner means?
May all beings be free from suffering and causes of suffering
Vasana

Post by Vasana »

pael wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:48 am Does she give commitments? What they are? What serious practitioner means?
All empowerments come with samaya commitments unless it it's explicitly stated that it's just for a blessing. 'Serious practitioner' means you're not just collecting empowerments for the sake of it and intend to actually practice them. Generally speaking, if you already have the empowerment for the same practice in a different lineage or from a different teacher, you should ask yourself why you want to receive that practice [or a variation of it] again, especially if you don't really practice the one you already have. However, there are other valid reasons why someone would want to receive them again from a different teacher - making a connection with the teacher, the practice could be more concise or elaborate according to your tastes or needs , the explanation could suit your needs more etc.
'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

pael wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:48 am Does she give commitments? What they are? What serious practitioner means?
These three transmissions are the reading lung for the three online courses offered on their website. Those courses have free lifelong access once you take them.

"Transmission

Transmission from teacher to student is one of the cornerstones of Tibetan Buddhism, maintaining a direct, unbroken Dharma lineage from the time of the Buddha. The blessings of the lineage masters are passed along to the student with the authorization to engage in the practice, creating the auspicious interdependence necessary for authentic accomplishments to ripen. As such, to receive any kind of transmission from an authorized lineage holder should be treated as a very special and sacred occurrence. In ancient times, notice of such events would be shared discreetly through secret language about traversing the paths. Today, we are blessed with the ability to benefit countless beings through the interconnectivity of the “cyberdhatu”. We ask that only those with a sincere interest in studying and engaging in the practice of the above teachings attend the transmission in order to maintain continuity and respect for the lineage.

Teachings & Practice

Once you receive transmission, you will be authorized to access explanatory teachings (Tri) on these practices and to do them on your own. Tara Mandala Online currently offers cutting-edge online programs to guide students in detail through each of the three practices."

http://taramandala.org/14087/webcast-jan7/
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Wish I had an idea of the specific commitments, if any... like ' you must do this practice x times per whatever' etc. Still, seems like an awesome opportunity.

So...I sent them an email about commitments, I will let people know what they say if it's pertinent.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

For anyone interested, I got a reply email from Tara Mandala : there are no expectations or specific commitments, nor any expectations that one purchases the courses, only a sincere desire to receive the lungs, make a connection etc.

-Khunu Lama
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:05 am For anyone interested, I got a reply email from Tara Mandala : there are no expectations or specific commitments, nor any expectations that one purchases the courses, only a sincere desire to receive the lungs, make a connection etc.
Sounds good. I just wonder of if the tri is part of the course, I guess probably. Anyway, I am going to connect.

Kevin
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Virgo wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:08 pm
Johnny Dangerous wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:05 am For anyone interested, I got a reply email from Tara Mandala : there are no expectations or specific commitments, nor any expectations that one purchases the courses, only a sincere desire to receive the lungs, make a connection etc.
Sounds good. I just wonder of if the tri is part of the course, I guess probably. Anyway, I am going to connect.

Kevin
They also have scholarships.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Kevin
Yeah, me too, seems like a great opportunity.

-Khunu Lama
Tenma

Post by Tenma »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:21 pm

Kevin
Where can one find the Tara sadhana? I took part in the webcam and watched and heard the tri and lung, but I couldn't understand a single Tibetan word nor prayer she was saying nor be able to type it out, so I just listened with devotion. All I got was the orders of the stages of the sadhana and a few mantras. Could anyone please PM me the sadhana?

P.S. So I stayed a bit longer and witnessed the sang and Chod empowerment, but I would like to ask, does hearing and watching this part make me forced to do these practices?
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Tenma wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:48 pm

Kevin
Where can one find the Tara sadhana? I took part in the webcam and watched and heard the tri and lung, but I couldn't understand a single Tibetan word nor prayer she was saying nor be able to type it out, so I just listened with devotion. All I got was the orders of the stages of the sadhana and a few mantras. Could anyone please PM me the sadhana?

P.S. So I stayed a bit longer and witnessed the sang and Chod empowerment, but I would like to ask, does hearing and watching this part make me forced to do these practices?
They specifically said there is no commitment as such when I emailed them. They have (paid) online courses for the practices (which constitute the tri), and I assume one can also purchase sadhana through them. I have received lungs that were recited so fast there is no hope of conceptual understanding. As Lama Allione said, it is more about connecting to the energy of the practice. You can also presumably simply practice (for instance) the mantra of Green Tara, etc.as the lung was given.

Got great vibes from this webcast, excited to see this will be more common in the future.

-Khunu Lama
Tenma

Post by Tenma »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:30 pm

They specifically said there is no commitment as such when I emailed them. They have (paid) online courses for the practices (which constitute the tri), and I assume one can also purchase sadhana through them. I have received lungs that were recited so fast there is no hope of conceptual understanding. As Lama Allione said, it is more about connecting to the energy of the practice. You can also presumably simply practice (for instance) the mantra of Green Tara, etc.as the lung was given.

Got great vibes from this webcast, excited to see this will be more common in the future.
This doesn't sound good. Especially with my surrounding obstacles and my age. Any other options? I wish to do the practice, but don't know how. All I have are the names of the prayers and mantras mentioned(only purification and Tara's mantras I managed to get).
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Tenma wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:43 pm

This doesn't sound good. Especially with my surrounding obstacles and my age. Any other options? I wish to do the practice, but don't know how. All I have are the names of the prayers and mantras mentioned(only purification and Tara's mantras I managed to get).
My advice is to stop hopping around for now, focus on teachings/teachers that attract you, and read less. You can right now practice Green Tara mantra, as far as I know. Perhaps it's time to be less enamored with complexity and acquisition of more words, and simply run with what you've gotten...paricularly if cannot obtain the instructions.

-Khunu Lama
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

You can write to them and ask for financial help to take the course.

Tenma

Post by Tenma »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:21 pm

My advice is to stop hopping around for now, focus on teachings/teachers that attract you, and read less. You can right now practice Green Tara mantra, as far as I know. Perhaps it's time to be less enamored with complexity and acquisition of more words, and simply run with what you've gotten...paricularly if cannot obtain the instructions.
How does one visualize themself as Tara then? Without Om Ah Hum going into you, what happens?
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

:crying:
Tenma wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:37 am

How does one visualize themself as Tara then? Without Om Ah Hum going into you, what happens?
You don't have to self generate to chant mantra.

Lhasas suggestion sounds reasonable if you are dead serious about the practices.

-Khunu Lama
Tenma

Post by Tenma »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:18 am :crying:
Tenma wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:37 am

You don't have to self generate to chant mantra.

Lhasas suggestion sounds reasonable if you are dead serious about the practices.
Last time I tried contacting them, they said nothing. Not only that, does that mean I suggest do the usual Tara in front of me giving me her Om Ah Hum parts? What use is the mantra garland Lama Tsultrim showed on the webcast? Is it not to be used?

Return to “Dharma Events”