Lama Tsultrim Allione, Jan. 7

Here we can publicise upcoming dharma events (talks, retreats, webcasts, etc).
Virgo

Re: Lama Tsultrim Allione, Jan. 7

Post by Virgo »

Tenma wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:44 am Last time I tried contacting them, they said nothing. Not only that, does that mean I suggest do the usual Tara in front of me giving me her Om Ah Hum parts? What use is the mantra garland Lama Tsultrim showed on the webcast? Is it not to be used?
To do the practice you have to get the tri.

Kevin
Tenma

Post by Tenma »

Virgo wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:55 am
Tenma wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:44 am Last time I tried contacting them, they said nothing. Not only that, does that mean I suggest do the usual Tara in front of me giving me her Om Ah Hum parts? What use is the mantra garland Lama Tsultrim showed on the webcast? Is it not to be used?

Kevin
I did. That's what she said the empowerment gives(along with lung). Now what?
Vasana

Post by Vasana »

Try contacting them again, Tenma to explain your situation and see if there are free/cheaper options to gain access to the online Tara module with all of the practice resources you're after.
'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Tenma wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:32 am

Kevin
Now you practice the mantra with front visualisation.

Did the tri include the 21 Praises to Tara?
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Tenma wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:32 am

Kevin
Tenma, this was not an empowerment. It did not include the Tri. It was a lung, a reading transmission of the practice. It authorizes you to take the online course and do the practice in this lineage. The course is the Tri. You can repeat any mantra you heard in the lung.
All the details are in the course.
Something helpful with visualization is to find an image of Green Tara on the internet, put it on full screen, then gaze at it for several seconds, then close your eyes and look at the after-image. As soon as that image fades, open your eyes and gaze at Tara again. Do this over and over. No thinking, just gazing. The after-image will remain longer and become clearer the longer you do this. Garchen Rinpoche says that after-image is actually the real deity, your mind has become Green Tara, and you can recite the mantra in her presence that way, whether or not you take the course.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Lhasa wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:55 pmTenma, this was not an empowerment. It did not include the Tri. It was a lung, a reading transmission of the practice. It authorizes you to take the online course and do the practice in this lineage.
If it was the lung, that means you can practice the sadhana and mantra(s).

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Grigoris wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:50 pm
Lhasa wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:55 pmTenma, this was not an empowerment. It did not include the Tri. It was a lung, a reading transmission of the practice. It authorizes you to take the online course and do the practice in this lineage.
Yes
the practice text is here: http://dakinibookstore.mybigcommerce.com/green-tara/
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

I think that is the intention, although for a lung alone to give permission to use the sadhana doesn't it imply already possessing a Dzogchen transmission, as with ChNN's lungs?

Tara practices seem to vary in the need for empowerments, and I think the Riwo Sangcho she gives is OK with lung alone, but I think it best to ask the Lama rather than us tell Tenma that it is OK to practise the sadhana with just a lung. I THINK so, but..........
Last edited by Mantrik on Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

If it was a lung (which it was) it means you can do the mantras, but you need the tri, the explanation, to perform the sadhana, so that you know how to.

Kevin
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Virgo wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:28 pm
If it was a lung (which it was) it means you can do the mantras, but you need the tri, the explanation, to perform the sadhana, so that you know how to.

Kevin
For the mudra and music, yes.

Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Grigoris wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:32 pm For the mudra and music, yes.
Sure but also for certain aspects like what sylabbles to visualize, what color are those sylabbles, etc. brief practice texts don't always explain or give this information in the sadhana itself. For example, earlier Tenma was asking about the om ah hung with tara, etc.

Also if the mantra is wrathful, you must say it under your breath, and so on, these things are not written in practice texts.

Kevin
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Mantrik wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:28 pm
I think that is the intention, although for a lung alone to give permission to use the sadhana doesn't it imply already possessing a Dzogchen transmission, as with ChNN's lungs?

Tara practices seem to vary in the need for empowerments, and I think the Riwo Sangcho she gives is OK with lung alone, but I think it best to ask the Lama rather than us tell Tenma that it is OK to practise the sadhana with just a lung. I THINK so, but..........
Did you receive the transmission? I did. What I'm saying is based on that.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Virgo wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:38 pmSure but also for certain aspects like what sylabbles to visualize, what color are those sylabbles, etc. brief practice texts don't always explain or give this information in the sadhana itself. For example, earlier Tenma was asking about the om ah hung with tara, etc.

Also if the mantra is wrathful, you must say it under your breath, and so on, these things are not written in practice texts.

Kevin
In the Kagyu tradition all we needed was the lung. If you were lucky enough to receive a tri, BONUS! Normally one had to specifically ask for the tri in order to receive it. Most of the time we received lung and wang and not tri. Actually, now that I thought about it, this seems to be quite common in the Dudjom lineage too.

Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Lhasa wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:42 pmDid you receive the transmission? I did. What I'm saying is based on that.
Did the lung include the Praises to the 21 Tara? I love that practice. :heart:

Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Tenma wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:44 am
Johnny Dangerous wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:18 am :crying:
Tenma wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:37 am

How does one visualize themself as Tara then? Without Om Ah Hum going into you, what happens?
You don't have to self generate to chant mantra.

Lhasas suggestion sounds reasonable if you are dead serious about the practices.
Last time I tried contacting them, they said nothing.
Email them again at [email protected] with your specific questions. I know for a fact that this account is being monitored, and questions which are received on a daily basis get answered.
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Grigoris wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:45 pm In the Kagyu tradition all we needed was the lung. If you were lucky enough to receive a tri, BONUS! Normally one had to specifically ask for the tri in order toreceive it. Most of the time we received lung and wang and not tri.
Oh that is something I was not aware of. In my traditions we always received a tri also.

Kevin
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Lhasa wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:42 pm
Mantrik wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:28 pm
Grigoris wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:50 pm If it was the lung, that means you can practice the sadhana and mantra(s).

Did you receive the transmission? I did. What I'm saying is based on that.

Some time ago, not this latest time. She gives it often. With just a lung, I understood it was OK to use the mantras but not the sadhana. There was no empowerment per se, if it was like the time I received it, which I think is more crucial than there being no tri. However, the Lama can clarify with a simple statement. In some of the blurb for her courses it says Tara is available to all without an empowerment so who knows?
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Grigoris wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:46 pm
Lhasa wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:42 pmDid you receive the transmission? I did. What I'm saying is based on that.
Did the lung include the Praises to the 21 Tara? I love that practice. :heart:
I don't know, lol, I was just listening to the energy not so much the words. I haven't taken this course, but have taken the Sang and Chod. Lama Tsultrim is amazing! The courses are full of instructions.

I have received 21 Taras from ChNN and Garchen Rinpoche.
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Virgo wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:48 pm
Grigoris wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:45 pm In the Kagyu tradition all we needed was the lung. If you were lucky enough to receive a tri, BONUS! Normally one had to specifically ask for the tri in order toreceive it. Most of the time we received lung and wang and not tri.
Oh that is something I was not aware of. In my traditions we always received a tri also.

Kevin
This Kagyupa needed Wang, Lung and Tri to practice pretty much any deity sadhana. At least the major ones. Frankly, Lung was the least important of the three. Riwo Sangcho, though, and a few other daily practices like Sur, ChuTor, etc., did not require anything but the Tri--which was a sort of "hands on explanation" in the course of practice.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

conebeckham wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:42 pmThis Kagyupa needed Wang, Lung and Tri to practice pretty much any deity sadhana. At least the major ones. Frankly, Lung was the least important of the three. Riwo Sangcho, though, and a few other daily practices like Sur, ChuTor, etc., did not require anything but the Tri--which was a sort of "hands on explanation" in the course of practice.
Yeah, but you are a Drikung, they're not real Kagyupa like us Karma mob! :tongue:

Return to “Dharma Events”